• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids using naltrexone to sensitize opioid receptors?

brjohnson08

Greenlighter
Hi all,
I had previously been using opioids for a period of time to the point where I had a pretty high tolerance. Therefore, I am taking a break. After about a week of not using, I started on naltrexone which I have been on for a bit over two weeks now. What I was wondering is how long it takes for naltrexone to sensitize the opioid receptors to the maximum extent to which it will do so. I also intend on using ultra low dose naltrexone when I do start using again to control tolerance build up. By the time I discovered the fact that uldn can prevent or even possibly reduce tolerance, mine was already pretty high so I thought a break was in order with some naltrexone to expedite the process of receptor sensitization. I know my sensativity will be increased once this break is over so I won't do anything really stupid like taking the dose I used to take. Honestly, I am quite surprised that more people don't do this since I only found one thread of people speculating about this on drugs forum as well as papers and medical journals which refer to the increased sensitivity and risk of overdose but without any length of time on naltrexone. I just want to know how long I should continue to take the naltrexone to maximize receptor sensitivity without wasting a bunch of time. For example, I don't think my receptor sensitivity would be much different whether I spent one or ten years on naltrexone.

Its all fine and dandy to get ypur physical tolerance back to baseline, but your pschological tolerance is still fubar.

Sure, I understand that my psychological tolerance won't be the same. However, I was wondering mainly about resetting physical tolerance to opioids anyone have any insight on how long I should take naltrexone to accomplish this?