• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using Methadone to Ease Off of Buprenorphine W/Ds

pharaoh

Bluelighter
Hi,

Long story short, I am on 10mg of Bupe a day (subutex, no naloxone) and normally get a weekend pick up on Saturdays as every other day is supervised. However, this weekend I am away as I have to present at an event and can't pick up my script on time and actually get to the event. Given the half-life of bupe is long, I am hopeful that tomorrow will be okay and I've heard that W/Ds don't start until about 24 hours after the last dose. However, will a small dose of methadone be useful when and if the W/Ds do kick in? I bought what I was told was 30ml off of someone although I reckon its more like 20 (haven't measured with an oral syringe yet) and intend to use this in case I start getting horrible W/Ds out of nowhere.

Timeline is this:
17:15 - last dose of Bupe
10:30am tomorrow morning, my presentation at the event.
17:00 event ends and then some kind of after party.

Any thoughts/advice? I left it for pretty much as long as I could today before having my dose and the day before had it at approx 13:00. Its been a while since I was in full-blown W/Ds so I'm just looking for advice on when to take. I have some Diazepam handy for the W/Ds and also some pregabalin as a last resort (I've found that they're great for W/Ds as they pretty much make you forget that you're actually withdrawing and also, I believe but am not sure, constipate you).

Finally, is there a reliable timeline for approximate withdrawals RE buprenorphine? As in, when should somebody really expect them to kick in and, also, a side question, can you plug pregabalin?

Cheers folsk!

I don’t think you’d be in bad enough withdrawal to warrant a methadone dose. As long as you can get your bupe script after the event, you’ll be good IMO.