aspiringchemist
Bluelighter
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2015
- Messages
- 518
Ok so I’ve been addicted to 1.5g of smoked fentanyl daily for the past year. I have tried cold turkey many times and simply cannot endure it due to the emergence of psychotic symptoms in conjunction with severe physiological symptoms. I have twice experienced severe precipitated withdrawal due to initiating buprenorphine at 20 hours post last fentanyl use, and have had minor success using ir morphine in doses of 15mg x4 daily for 1-3 days to replace fentanyl while allowing a washout to occur, followed by successful induction of suboxone at 12 hours post last morphine dose; however, I ended up relapsing on fentanyl a day later, not because suboxone didn’t work but because I wanted to get high. It surprised me how well the suboxone made me feel after a 72 hour fentanyl washout period using ir morphine to mitigate withdrawal and dosing suboxone 12 hours after morphine as is indicated in some new medical protocols.
My question is, can heroin be used in the same manner I successfully used ir morphine to bridge/washout fentanyl for 1-3 days and then induce suboxone 12 hours after last heroin dose? Given the close relation between ir morphine and heroin it would make sense that this was a potential avenue to suboxone induction without experiencing 72 hours of acute fentanyl withdrawal.
I know heroin is often contaminated with fentanyl but let’s say this heroin is not contaminated and let’s also say I have the will power to stick to the plan, ceasing heroin use (just like one would use oxycodone to bridge) after 24-72 hours, then waiting approximately 12 hours to induce small doses of suboxone. Is this a rational and potentially effective method of safely inducing suboxone when all else has failed and methadone isn’t an option?
For some bizarre reason 7OH and pseudoindoxyl actually induce a precipitated withdrawal state not dissimilar from suboxone induced PW and have done so consistently for at least 15 attempts so that’s out the window as a bridge for me. I’ve not tried plain leaf as a bridge and wonder if it may work but I’m more bringing this up to illustrate that kratom and it’s alkaloids, for whatever reason, induce withdrawal for me when used within close proximity (days) of fentanyl.
I’m currently nearing the end of day 1 using black tar heroin in place of 2g fentanyl. I’ve used approximately 1/4g and it’s approaching evening time. I’ve experienced no withdrawal from fentanyl other than cravings and that typical “things are out of control or feel unmanageable“ feeling associated with all opioid withdrawal. Theoretically I should be able to induce suboxone 12-24 hours after last heroin dose, correct? I’d like to stress that I tried so many times in various ways to quit fentanyl and induce Suboxone and each has failed miserably. The only attempt that was nearly successful as the use of instant release morphine for 72 hours prior to inducing Suboxone 12 hours post last morphine dose; and again I relapsed a day later out of boredom, even though I had successfully induced Suboxone 12 hours after the last morphine dose without experiencing precipitated withdrawal. There’s not much current medical literature on the subject, but there is some out there, of course, not in regards to heroin specifically but to short acting opioids as a bridge. My question is specifically in regards to the use of heroin as the short acting opioid as a bridge and the time needed between last dose of heroin and Suboxone induction. Sorry for the long fucking post I appreciate anybody’s Response and input.
My question is, can heroin be used in the same manner I successfully used ir morphine to bridge/washout fentanyl for 1-3 days and then induce suboxone 12 hours after last heroin dose? Given the close relation between ir morphine and heroin it would make sense that this was a potential avenue to suboxone induction without experiencing 72 hours of acute fentanyl withdrawal.
I know heroin is often contaminated with fentanyl but let’s say this heroin is not contaminated and let’s also say I have the will power to stick to the plan, ceasing heroin use (just like one would use oxycodone to bridge) after 24-72 hours, then waiting approximately 12 hours to induce small doses of suboxone. Is this a rational and potentially effective method of safely inducing suboxone when all else has failed and methadone isn’t an option?
For some bizarre reason 7OH and pseudoindoxyl actually induce a precipitated withdrawal state not dissimilar from suboxone induced PW and have done so consistently for at least 15 attempts so that’s out the window as a bridge for me. I’ve not tried plain leaf as a bridge and wonder if it may work but I’m more bringing this up to illustrate that kratom and it’s alkaloids, for whatever reason, induce withdrawal for me when used within close proximity (days) of fentanyl.
I’m currently nearing the end of day 1 using black tar heroin in place of 2g fentanyl. I’ve used approximately 1/4g and it’s approaching evening time. I’ve experienced no withdrawal from fentanyl other than cravings and that typical “things are out of control or feel unmanageable“ feeling associated with all opioid withdrawal. Theoretically I should be able to induce suboxone 12-24 hours after last heroin dose, correct? I’d like to stress that I tried so many times in various ways to quit fentanyl and induce Suboxone and each has failed miserably. The only attempt that was nearly successful as the use of instant release morphine for 72 hours prior to inducing Suboxone 12 hours post last morphine dose; and again I relapsed a day later out of boredom, even though I had successfully induced Suboxone 12 hours after the last morphine dose without experiencing precipitated withdrawal. There’s not much current medical literature on the subject, but there is some out there, of course, not in regards to heroin specifically but to short acting opioids as a bridge. My question is specifically in regards to the use of heroin as the short acting opioid as a bridge and the time needed between last dose of heroin and Suboxone induction. Sorry for the long fucking post I appreciate anybody’s Response and input.
Last edited:
