• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Using Hard Drugs Without Addiction?

Holy shit guys stop bashing the poor fella! He is just giving his two cents and asking for opinions now for every single person to shit on him. Look OP, what your talking about is difficult. Your fucking with some serious shit bro. I myself am only 16 and last year I thought I could do what your saying on a lower scale (with perc's, Xanax, ecstasy and adderall. My idea was this: I was desperate to get high. But I was trying in school and wanted a bright future. I thought if I did one substance, once a week, and alternate which one it was every week ( it went bars, e, adderall and then percs) I wouldn't get addicted to any of them. At the time I felt like a genius and wondered why every addct didn't think like me, but I was wrong. DEAD wrong. It worked for 3 months, and I was happy. But then one day I couldn't get e. I decided I'd suplament with 2 weeks of bars. Then I got a new hook up for addys that were so cheap I could get get high every day got less I paid for for my lunch. I decided it woulnt hurt if I made it 2 each a week for them all, one week day one weekend day. It just went down hill. I decided I "wasn't addicted" and I have been doing it long enough I just wouldn't get addicted. 2 months later I over dosed on Xanax, an now I have a twitch in my leg from all the high doses of adrenal. Now I know this is i different situation but it's similar. And the basic line is this. It's your life; it's your decision; but addition isn't based on how often; ts based on consistency and dependence. Even if it's once a month, you still need it once a month. That's still a addict. Now do ehat you want bit please be safe and reconsider your actions. Good luck bro, I hope everything works out

Thankyou Kronic King, yes we have different situations. Close in age though.....turning 18 very soon. 16-17 I was a little shit, if I encountered myself now I'd check myself. I was just dumb, same mindset getting fucked up as possible except alcohol and xanax, smoke a little pot was our circle's choice. I was failing school, mom kicked me out. My dad took me and I got out of public school. He lives near my mom so I lived in the same town, but this new independent study school is great. I read all the books and do the classes myself at my own pace and turn in the work once or twice a week at the school building. I am doing great here, very close to being finished, then hitting college for science classes. It was radical psychedelic thoughts and drugs that completely flipped me around. Not just those though, they just helped me get started, off the party mindset. Now I like being sober and think thoughts everyday about how I can learn more or become a better healthier person, I truly believe the soul/mind ride in a vehicle known as the body to the afterlife/ great divine communion. So I like to treat my body like a temple but also enjoy life. Sometimes you trade a little good for bad. But I believe my good far exceeds the bad. And I do agree even once a monthers could be addicts, just because they have set dates, rituals, or look forward and wish for the time they use, but I do not. More debate guys! Thanks for the consideration KnronicKing!
Please do not let my age change the conversation or look down on me. I'd say I have a great deal of experience for my age. If I had used hard drugs during my party phase I would most likely be addicted. But I'm a much different person you'd find now than say a year and a half ago.

Well, since you've clearly made your mind up, I'm not really going to tell you to do it, or not to do it. I'm just going to say good luck, man. Because you'll need it. There's no skill in this game, it's 100% chance, and that's all there is to it. But who knows, maybe you'll pass go, collect 200$ and be on your merry way, just chipping.

But like someone above me said, I believe it was TommyBoy, chipping, with either chemical, is like playing with fire. A very hot, painful, fire.

When it comes to heroin I feel this drug is addictive in a very insidious way, much like tobacco. When I first started using it I would snort a bag and be high for 24 hours, I loved the feeling but would refrain from using format least a couple weeks. That went on for a few months. Then I got depressed and went on a little binge, probably used three days in a row and stopped for a few days. I didn't get withdrawals or if I did they were too minor to notice. This led me to believe that it was okay to sniff heroin a few days in a row so I started doing that, but eventually I just couldn't find a reason to stop doing it as I perceived no ill effects other than consuming an addictive narcotic daily. I assumed I was still just using recreationally, however when I got caught, I realized then when I had to stop(I was being drug tested), how much of a hold this drug had on me, and once I started shooting, I basically gave up... If you don't want to risk addiction just don't do it, that's my opinion. Besides IMO it's the psychological addiction that is the worst

Did you guys read all of my previous posts above? @:Caspa: I disagree with you that getting addicted or not is 100% chance. I think it's a mix of chance, education, and who you are/were, personal experience. And @Znegative. I've only snorted H once and did not enjoy it at all. I prefer to smoke it on a wax/hash skillet. I used for two days, decided I had my fun and experience and won't touch it for a few months. I just operate like that, I'm not saying I'm immune to addiction, I just feel that I stand a good chance of not becoming addicted because of the way I feel about both drugs. Heroin was a good time, I enjoyed nodding, but for me personally climbing a big mountain or sex or driving fast are all way better highs. I like the rush of a natural high and the rewarding feeling about it knowing I was improving my body. Heroin gave me a great feeling, but I felt like I didn't earn it (except the first time) and as a result I didn't enjoy it as much as say hiking a huge mountain or some great sex. Natural highs to me are much better/rewarding to me and this is why I feel I can use once every few months when I feel like it. I won't even be using once a month I've decided. Right now at this exact moment for example I am not craving or even want meth or heroin. I am concerned with finishing my laundry then going outside. If they were in front of me now I would not take either because I have things to do, I don't want to nod or be sparked.
A pattern I'm finding in the posts that disagree with me is that you guys love the high more than anything else it seems. I like the high a lot as well, but I love life more than those drugs, so much that taking those drugs other than once a few months would interfere with my routine. So what I'm saying is I get more satisfaction and good feeling from natural highs, not just the good feeling. There is my response to the previous two posts. Let's get some more discussion!
Again I will NOT be using once a month like the Original Post said, that's too much for me. I will most likely use once a few months when I feel like, no set date to use, nothing to get excited about or crave. I'll use when the time is right and I'm feeling it.

Did you guys read all of my previous posts above? @:Caspa: I disagree with you that getting addicted or not is 100% chance. I think it's a mix of chance, education, and who you are/were, personal experience. And @Znegative. I've only snorted H once and did not enjoy it at all. I prefer to smoke it on a wax/hash skillet. I used for two days, decided I had my fun and experience and won't touch it for a few months. I just operate like that, I'm not saying I'm immune to addiction, I just feel that I stand a good chance of not becoming addicted because of the way I feel about both drugs. Heroin was a good time, I enjoyed nodding, but for me personally climbing a big mountain or sex or driving fast are all way better highs. I like the rush of a natural high and the rewarding feeling about it knowing I was improving my body. Heroin gave me a great feeling, but I felt like I didn't earn it (except the first time) and as a result I didn't enjoy it as much as say hiking a huge mountain or some great sex. Natural highs to me are much better/rewarding to me and this is why I feel I can use once every few months when I feel like it. I won't even be using once a month I've decided. Right now at this exact moment for example I am not craving or even want meth or heroin. I am concerned with finishing my laundry then going outside. If they were in front of me now I would not take either because I have things to do, I don't want to nod or be sparked.
A pattern I'm finding in the posts that disagree with me is that you guys love the high more than anything else it seems. I like the high a lot as well, but I love life more than those drugs, so much that taking those drugs other than once a few months would interfere with my routine. So what I'm saying is I get more satisfaction and good feeling from natural highs, not just the good feeling. There is my response to the previous two posts. Let's get some more discussion!
Again I will NOT be using once a month like the Original Post said, that's too much for me. I will most likely use once a few months when I feel like, no set date to use, nothing to get excited about or crave. I'll use when the time is right and I'm feeling it.
Gardner, if you can do it, thats great. All the more power to you.

Its just that very, very few people have the willpower to do what you plan on doing

Don't get me wrong I've known people who tried heroin, liked it and never did it again, it's just that usually the people that continue to mess around with it however infrequently, at some point lose control. When I was expiramenting I never planned on throwing my life away to shoot drugs, and I didn't feel that the high was worth that sacrifice, but over time I'd find myself wanting it more and more, until it seemed like the only thing to live for. I know I sound preachy, but this is my experience and that of a lot of people I know. All those things you love in life like climbing a mountain or whatever will get tossed to the side if you do end up succumbing to addiction, so it just seems to me like, shit if something like taking a hike could make me feel fulfilled and at peace like that I would never want to touch dope, cause it would seem there would be no need.

I dont want to sound mean but honestly, why did you post this? Just think about it, figure it out for yourself. What inner force in your psyche made you think of posting this was a good idea and what sort of answers were you hoping for?
Were you hoping for encouragement from a community of drug addicts that addiction is a thing that can be easily avoided?
Is this entire post not your trying to rationalize with yourself that you are different than the rest of them?
And why bother posting when youve just begun your little chipping adventure? Cant you see that everyone only seems so hostile on here because you have absolutely nothing to back yourself up with against a barrage of real life experiences from individuals who are exactly the same as you, who've felt every single thought that has been running through your head, and the only thing that makes them junkies and you and me not is time.
Im doing the chipping thing too, but have been for a tiny bit longer than you have. I've never experienced the whole physical addiction thing, but the inevitability and hopefulness for a future in which I dont fuck up my life is slowly fading as reality is crammed down my throat. Its easy to say ill just give it a shot, whatever happens to me happens, because I think we all did. But is such a romance really worth it? Is this little fling with self destruction really worth it when the odds are against you from the start? Again, Im not there either, but quite frankly, posts like this scare the fuck out of me.
We all have the perfect personality and just the right balance in our lives that we know we can get away with it, dont we?
Anyways, sorry about that ramble, hope you got something out of it. Goodluck with that.

The reason I posted was for feedback, to hear your guy's personal experience, and post my own experience. It never hurts to share information. I realize very few people can do and most fail. I never meant to make natural highs sound like ecstasy the feeling, I just find it more rewarding, and that's what matters to me. The nod isn't for me, I still feel unsatisfied afterward. I would never recommend these drugs to anyone. It's an experience (the drugs, not addiction) I wanted to try not use habitually. So far I've used heroin a total of four days, two separated by a month. It was the same high pretty much the same high every time. I felt no need to increase dosage or get more high than I had been before, the second time and times after I used. I will not repeat WILL NOT be using once a month, I've decided in a few months I'll see if I'd like to do it again or not, could go either way. Right now I'm content and more happy with my pot.
Another reason for the post was to report my first time use what I felt, and to get your guy's opinions. I feel that it is possible though that possibility might be extremely small I'll take a shot. Life is short anyways, too short to not try certain things (not condoning drug use), but too long to waste time on an addiction. I don't think everyone's seen it from all angles yet, including me. Another reason I made the post, not out of ignorance or pride, but for mine and maybe others benefit. I agree that some of my posts sound cocky/ trollish or foolish but it's to try to get my explanation out there. How does one successfully "chip" then? A certain mindset or attitude? Or what some of you were saying "it's not possible"? I believe it's possible but there a certain few who can. It took lots of motivation and willpower to get where I am now. I just believe that I stand a strong chance of not becoming addicted. That's all the first line of defense, willpower. Second is that my source would not support my addiction by getting it for me and that's my only source. Third and final is friends and family. But again that's just an insurance policy. No one plans a car accident, so insurance is a good idea.
So bryan21: You have thought my thoughts? Been in my shoes? Experienced what I have? The answer is no. We are different people, we may at times share similar thoughts but trust me they are very different most of the time. How long have you been chipping? You say a little long I estimate a few months? And you already feel that way? And how much do you use? Sharing with friends as well and smoking most to myself I can make .4-.5 last about 3-4 days of use. Not sure about the norm or if there is one. But there is an estimation from me. But those were to big of sacks, If I do feel like using in a few months it'll be a one day sack.
Another reason for the post......why the hell do you post things? For input and for information I could possibly use to improve myself and share with others, giving credit of course anonymous or not. Not to sound rude, but to me you came across as an asshole after the first part of your post bryan21. I can think of much worse posts than these that I would still never consider asking "why did you post this"? It's pretty damn obvious, for advice. And usually if somebody posts something they believe it's worth sharing with our online community, just as I thought this thread. The first part of the post made me most mad out of anything on here so far. "Why did you post this"? Who the fuck are you?

good luck with your heroin and meth addiction goals in 2012.

Haha, I get what you're saying OP and agree that you can probably achieve not becoming addicted to meth and smack, but I think if you really continue to use it no matter how infrequently eventually you will get burned. All those scenarios you listed which will make you immune to addiction? Probably most people here had that shit. I had willpower (at first), I had good friends who didn't want me to get high, and I had only one connection ate the beginning until I found more and more and more. Meth and dope aren't really necessary life experiences either, so saying life is too short to not try heroin once seems like bullshit if you get pleasure out of the "simple things", though the fact that you tried these drugs at all means that that part of your post probably isn't entirely true. We all want to believe that were better than the junky. If you want to experience life through altered perceptions at time that's fine, but stick to psychedelic drugs then, you'll have less of a chance of ending up stealing from your family and friends, beings institutionalized, sick, getting infections, losing interest in what you like etc, etc. And worst of all you'll look back on this thread and wonder how the hell you ever thought pot was your favorite drug, while you inject research chemicals into your arms.

Last edited:
And the basic line is this. It's your life; it's your decision; but addition isn't based on how often; ts based on consistency and dependence. Even if it's once a month, you still need it once a month. That's still a addict. Now do ehat you want bit please be safe and reconsider your actions. Good luck bro, I hope everything works out

Great post. 16yr old brings up a good point. I used to frequently take breaks for 4 months or so, but I still dreamed of the day that I would be reunited with my opiates.

I've only snorted H once and did not enjoy it at all. I prefer to smoke it on a wax/hash skillet. I used for two days, decided I had my fun and experience and won't touch it for a few months. I just operate like that, I'm not saying I'm immune to addiction, I just feel that I stand a good chance of not becoming addicted because of the way I feel about both drugs.

I had always said that I operated like this: I could easily close a "door" in my life, and that was that. Whether it be a girl that I had been seeing for a while, or a plan that got shattered, I could just close those doors, and move on with my life. I felt the same way about drugs, but the truth is, once you open that door, you can close it, but you can't lock it.

Each time you use, you will increase the chances of getting addicted. It's just common sense that if you don't touch them again, you won't get addicted to them. It's playing with fire. I've got some friends that are really strung out on dope, and they actually get mad at me for still using when I am not strung out. It's because they know that I see that they need to shoot 6 bags a day just to not be sick, and here I am sniffing 1 or 2 bags, and getting way higher than they do with a 4 bag shot. They know that I may very well be staring at what I may one day end up like if I continue using, so for me to keep doing it when my body doesn't need it, and I barely crave it but the "hey, it's Friday, I might as well get high" in me dials that number.

Even though I'm currently just using on weekends, and have completely stopped recently for work, I can pinpoint the exact week where things could have taken a turn for the worse. I rarely IV my drugs, but I was in a rut and had done it twice in a week. Day 3 came, and I knew that if I were to continue down that path, that I would lose control. I sniffed the last bag and then took a break, and I'm glad I did.

I believe that someone else mentioned earlier that even if you are not addicted atm, or even crave it, you may someday experience something traumatic, and that may be all that it takes to set you off onto a road of addiction, since you already know where/how to get it. That's when you may ask yourself the simple question; "why feel bad sober, when I can feel good if I get high?" Try talking yourself out of that one if you end up depressed some day (hey, it happens to so many people for so many different reasons, so don't count yourself out of that one) and you know what can make you feel good, and take that pain away. I'm not sure that climbing a mountain will be your answer at that point.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm dope sick and out of money and connections, the first thing I do is climb a mountain....and jump off

Yeah same here. Id get a few 30s thursday night and tell myself to save em for the party on Friday night. Wake up and what do you know, I'm all out :( damn you opiates!!!

That's why Its better to buy what will get you throu for the day. I'll buy a bundle with no tolerance and that thing will last two days tops... I wish there was some kind of dependable system where you could buy dope from a vending machine, that way you could buy just enough for the day and the next morning, and not have to worry about your dealer not picking up, or having to wait a god damn hour for him to show up whil you sit smoking cigarettes trying to look inconspicuous in some shady as cop spot

Go with one or the other.....if you get addicted to both(tweak/smack) that would really suck for you. I would bet money that you are in your early twenties or still a teen ager.

madGardner - If you know all about addiction and physical dependence and how horrible it is, WHY do you think it's worth the risk? WHY do heroin at all?

Note also that addiction and physical dependence are 2 different things and you can be addicted even if you're not yet physically dependent - you can be addicted even if you don't realize it or only do heroin once a week or once a month.

No one can know whether or not they will become addicted, and your reaction or behaviour the first 5 times you do heroin can't tell you whether or not you will end up becoming addicted if you try it once more, or 5 more times, or 10 more times.

I was exactly like you.
I thought that because it was possible to not become addicted to heroin that I would be one of the (very very few) people who were able to use it without ever becoming addicted. I thought that the media and authority's portrayal of heroin was exaggerated, because I saw that it was with other drugs like marijuana or psychedelics. I didn't fully comprehend what physical dependence felt like, as no one can who hasn't experienced it, but when people described it as similar to the flu I thought 'well I could handle that'. Note: it is nothing like the flu, it is the most horrific suffering anyone could possibly imagine, accompanied by torture caused by the constant knowledge that there is something you could do to immediately ease that suffering.

Then, some upsetting things happened in my life and I started to heroin gradually more frequently, and eventually I figured I liked it enough that it was *worth* the risk of possible addiction, and that if I came too close I would stop then. Yeah right! This is how it starts with everyone. As others said, no one immediately gets (let alone considers themselves) addicted or starts using all day every day right away. But addiction is what almost always happens if you try it more than once or twice and you like it more every time.

The fact that you plan to do it again is enough to send off loud alarm bells that you are at huge risk. It also seems like you are not really clear on what the signs of addiction are. Anyway, sorry we are all being so dramatic, it's just that we all started out like you and if we could save one person from the torment that we went through as a result of heroin addiction, we would. If as you say, you don't even love it that much, then WHY do you need to do it again? It's just not worth the risk of addiction. You have everything to lose. Is it really worth it?

Or is it that you just want to prove that you can be the anomaly, one of the VERY few who somehow manage to avoid the trap of heroin addiction?

EDIT: I'm focussing on the heroin because I believe it's somewhat easier for some people to use methamphetamine without getting addicted, or to quit even when one has become addicted (probably in part because meth does not create a strong physical dependence like heroin does). But it's really not worth messing with any highly addictive drug.

Last edited:
It's not that I wanted to prove anything.......And are you guys reading all the posts? I mentioned more than once that I'm not planning dates to use and shit like that. I said I'll use when I feel like it, and to someone who said why even try h at all? Why would somebody climb a tree or smoke a cigarette? I also wouldn't consider my usage "messing around", I take it very seriously and know the risks associated with use. Even after multiple h and meth use I still enjoy pot more. I wasn't saying that I'm immune either...just that I feel I have less of a chance that I've already explained. Heroin use once a few months with no set date or anything couldn't possibly be bad. You guys were saying you look forward to your opiate use, I'm not looking forward to anything except when I'm going to be done with school. I've witnessed friends going through w/d and there's another reason for safer use. There is no way to know if you'll become addicted or not, but you can take safer steps and be more responsible to decrease your addiction possibility. Input from someone who still uses occasionally would be great, because how does one successfully use without becoming addicted?
Someone above said that they think I'm not telling the whole truth, well fuck you. Why the hell would lie about my own life on here? I'm trying to get information to help me and maybe others. If I were posting wrong info then it would not be relevant to me, how could I help myself if I were lying? Alright I'm tired of the lecture and personal experience with addiction, it would be great to get different input than what I've been arguing with.
I also saw something on traumatic events setting one on a road to addiction. This possibly could have happened to me had I used a few months earlier. My family has a history or severe depression and my dad gets it bad too. I started showing signs of it, I wanted to stay in bed all day, not hangout with anyone, which both made me feel even worse. I had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of just vanishing, being nowhere or anyone, I didn't want to exist basically. My dad started getting into organics and vitamins. We eat healthier and I take a super b vitamin complex. My dad said depression in our family is caused by a chemical imbalance. After starting the vitamins I am all around much more positive and I go outside everyday. Well I hadn't felt heroin before so it never occurred to me to use it. Instead I went straight to my dad and talked with him a lot. Going from depressed to feeling great about everything was a great achievement for me, I thought I'd be stuck in a rut for awhile. Anyways I learned from that and other experiences there's always a solution to traumatic problems. And should something traumatize me in the future I will only look for a way to overcome it, not push it aside or go around, because the problem will always linger around you. I would much rather consult my friends/ family and myself than take a drug to deal with it.

Tommyboy, the human mind is a powerful thing as you've shown, cutting yourself off to avoid a dangerous road. I have experienced trauma, but dealt with it head on, it never even occurred to me to use drugs to ease my depression. Had I; this post might be about an addiction I have now, but I didn't. I learned to talk with my friends/ family and consult myself the books and online to deal with big problems.