• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Using Hard Drugs Without Addiction?

ya i dont have a problem with drugs either, i use amphetamines daily and responsibly (as my doctor prescribed) i sometimes even take 5 day breaks!!!!!
same with opiates back in the day, apart from my doctor said i should take them everyday as required for my pain and i had pain for a LONG time from a little back ache ;)
oh yeahhhhhh and dont forget coke, i only do that once a month probably i think i got it under control, i only rail about 2g's when i do it each time and wish i died for the best part of the next week

*facepalm*

if you are being serious i apologize and want to make it clear to you that you WILL start taking whatever more and more regularly. i've never seen a person take heroin or meth "responsibly" they start off with once a month, week, day, whatever.

if you are trolling gtfo.

I am agreeing wiht you class-a-team (your comment "Heroin? You can try!But what makes you think you've got more willpower than the rest of us? ").

And I was LOLing at the notion of being able to use these drugs regularly without addiction.

Oh yeah, I definitely underestimated the addictiveness of heroin. I was convinced that the media had really exaggerated the effects and that I'd have to be doing a lot more to experience to experience any sort of dependency on the drug. I thought I was safe just because of the inconvenience of a train journey and scoring on the street. I'd say that if the last bit of heroin was in Timbuktu I'd figure out a way of getting there and even if I found out it was all gone, it wouldn't stop me from thinking about it all the time.

class-a-team said:
I have tremendous willpower, I had anorexia for three years
LOL, no offence but anorexia probably has more in common with drug addiction than will power, as both are kind of obsessive/compulsive.

Can hard drugs be used without getting addicted? Yes. Statistics show that most who use drugs don't get addicted. I've used hard drugs for awhile on and off, but would not counsider myself addicted. Only thing I'm addicted to is tobacco and weed; I've quit both, though I might start smoking weed again. I can't imagine these drugs taking me over, but who know, a year from now I might be selling all my shit for a bag of dope, if I were better looking hoing lol.

Like others have said, addiction doesn't happen instantly like DARE makes you think, it sneaks up on you and by the time you want to or should quit it's too late, you no longer have control over it.

The less you do these drugs, the less likely you'll become addicted. Try to stick to once a month, if you do anymore stop. Just use weed/alcohol if you need something.

LOL, no offence but anorexia probably has more in common with drug addiction than will power, as both are kind of obsessive/compulsive.

Can hard drugs be used without getting addicted? Yes. Statistics show that most who use drugs don't get addicted. I've used hard drugs for awhile on and off, but would not counsider myself addicted. Only thing I'm addicted to is tobacco and weed; I've quit both, though I might start smoking weed again. I can't imagine these drugs taking me over, but who know, a year from now I might be selling all my shit for a bag of dope, if I were better looking hoing lol.

Like others have said, addiction doesn't happen instantly like DARE makes you think, it sneaks up on you and by the time you want to or should quit it's too late, you no longer have control over it.

The less you do these drugs, the less likely you'll become addicted. Try to stick to once a month, if you do anymore stop. Just use weed/alcohol if you need something.

None taken, and you have a fair point. The point I was trying to make was that addiction has really nothing to do with willpower. Perhaps refusing to take drugs when all your friends are doing it requires willpower, but once you get to the stage of addiction it's no longer a question of willpower, especially with heroin which, unlike many drugs, is a highly physically addictive drug as well as psychologically addictive drug. I think I was psychologically addicted before I was physically addicted, but I never went without it to know that I wasn't physically addicted already, if you know what I mean.

I first tried heroin about 4 years ago and I've managed to use it recreationally throughout the years without getting addicted. That being said, I was a heavy alcoholic for years, I now have 230+ days without a drink, but I was physically and psychologically addicted to alcohol, and I didn't want to spend too much money on drugs since I was always short on cash anyways and I always needed vodka on hand. In my mind alcohol was the drug i needed and heroin was just something on the side that might be nice every once and awhile. That's just my experience though, I'm sure that won't be true for everyone.

Is it possible? yes

6 years ago I also did the same, with " I will only use once a month" it worked well for 4 years, then the rationalization comes in. I let that time slide, then I let that 2 times slide, and within 6 months I had a everyday habit.

-PLUR

You sound psychologically addicted to me already, planning on when to use/how to use and thinking you're going to beat physical addiction. But you're gonna go for it anyways cause I know it took me a long time to reach physical addiction and it wasn't till awhile after that until I could look back and see the mental side of it too, because every user knows "if im not physically addicted, im not addicted" ;) (in regards to opiates of course). So have fun and enjoy yourself while you can. Remember if a bear walks ten miles in the woods bear gotta walk ten miles out. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can outsmart addiction, it may work for awhile but it doesnt last. The few who can use recreationly for years and years are the ones not thinking about beating addiction and planning their future high.

I use recreationally now, bit it seems to take getting heavily addicted before learning to use this way. I made it 2 or so years of using opiates before developing a habit. I stopped for a while after that, and it took getting hooked again before coming up with a way to chip again.

When you are chipping, you are playing with fire. You are a lot more likely to get fully addicted if you are chipping as opposed to not using at all.

Believing that you can avoid addiction like this is a fantasy, and it seems most of us agree on this...

I appreciate everyone's concerns and take everything into consideration. I've had long conversations with friends, and I do realize what's at risk and that many have fallen into both these drugs hands. Personal friends of mine and friends of friends. If I ever do become addicted I have no one to blame but myself. It is a risky path, but one I believe I can navigate safely. I might not even do them once a month, maybe less. I think both a great and all, but not the best in my own opinions. Heroin for instance I liked a lot, but I stopped using a few days ago and I have not thought about until today when I got on bluelight. I quit using meth yesterday and today I feel no need to use it. I enjoy other things in life sober more than being under the influence every once in awhile. Sobriety is a high by itself to me, I enjoy it. I also feel less potential to become an addict because of the amount of research firsthand, friends experience, and the online community. Addiction is a terrible thing that I don't plan on letting get a hold of me. I don't crave substances.
When I was having a conversation with a friend, he said he wasn't going to try to talk me out of it because I was going to do it anyways. He just stated his reasons and I listened. I really do appreciate everyone's concerns, advice, and personal experience. It's just going to take time to see what my fate becomes. I still plan on doing a report every month to let you guys know how I'm doing. Thanks again everyone. And Happy 2012! :)

Also I'd like to point out that I highly respect these as much DMT, but in a different way of course. My main drug experience lies with psychedelics. Meth is the only stimulant I like and it's to much for me personally to use a lot, I don't like feeling sparked all the time. I don't have much opiate experience, done oc twice, and heroin a total of about 5 now. It's nice to reward your body once in a great while. But I had the same problem with meth. I found after the second day of use I felt to groggy and tired. Fifth day now, no craving or want for either. Like I stated earlier we'll see what becomes of me in my future reports.

I appreciate everyone's concerns and take everything into consideration. I've had long conversations with friends, and I do realize what's at risk and that many have fallen into both these drugs hands. Personal friends of mine and friends of friends.

If I ever do become addicted I have no one to blame but myself. It is a risky path, but one I believe I can navigate safely. I might not even do them once a month, maybe less. I think both a great and all, but not the best in my own opinions. Heroin for instance I liked a lot, but I stopped using a few days ago and I have not thought about until today when I got on bluelight. I quit using meth yesterday and today I feel no need to use it. I enjoy other things in life sober more than being under the influence every once in awhile.

Sobriety is a high by itself to me, I enjoy it. I also feel less potential to become an addict because of the amount of research firsthand, friends experience, and the online community. Addiction is a terrible thing that I don't plan on letting get a hold of me. I don't crave substances
No offence bro, but you're making all the excuses and rationalizations every occasional drug user makes right before they become full-blown addicts

And In regards to where I am at now. I'm pursuing education, I want to be a chemist and a scientific farmer. I do pretty well in school and enjoy the classes I'm taking. I'm also very into mind-body health, yoga, organic food, etc.... I don't have t.v just netflix so I also like to read a lot. These are my current interests/ goals for the future. In future reports I will also state where I currently am In life and see if these drugs change my attitude or current lifestyle.

To Fresco: It's all how you view things. I have different thoughts than you, so it's hard to gain each other's understanding without having a conversation with each other. In my own view I am not making excuses or rationalizing it. I was trying to explain why I believe it is possible for me and how I can do it. I think education and an open mind (not too open though) is a great way to protect oneself. Hope you understand.

Last edited:
After re-reading my original post and the others, I got bummed out by some of them, but I do understand where you guys are coming from. I think I should have worded my original post better (not sound so trollish). I never claimed to have more willpower than any one else. I think you guys got the wrong message about me using one weekend a month. I never planned that....The first time few times I used I liked it, but I thought I'll see if I'd like to in a month. And honestly it could go either way. For the past two days I havn't felt like using any substance. And in a month I'll see if I want to again or maybe a month and a few weeks. My point was that I leave big gaps between use because I want to on my own, not for the sake of avoiding addiction although is nice not to have. People are put in different scenarios, and everyone is different. There are a select few out there who are occasional users, and I believe I have the personality to do it (not to sound high and mighty at all). You guys will have to give me a chance and wait for my future reports. And sorry if the original post sounded cocky, trollish, too confident or w/e.

To Fresco: It's all how you view things. I have different thoughts than you, so it's hard to gain each other's understanding without having a conversation with each other. In my own view I am not making excuses or rationalizing it. I was trying to explain why I believe it is possible for me and how I can do it. I think education and an open mind (not too open though) is a great way to protect oneself. Hope you understand
The problem is your body is a million times stronger then your willpower is.

When you say you got things under control, thats exactly the time you should start worrying and perhaps quit while you're ahead. I know of very few people who can control their hard-drug use, and limit it to once every few months. It almost always goes downhill from there

You might be able to do that cycle for a couple months, but that time will come that you might try using a bigger hit and it will give you the best high of your life... it'll just get harder and harder to wake up the next morning and say "Oh I'm fine not experiencing that pure joy and bliss for another 30 days."
Just doesn't work that way for 99+ percent of people. Especially with heroin and methamphetamine.

Reading the last two post shows me that you guys still are not getting what I have been typing. I smoked a big hit last time and it was the hardest I've ever nodded. Nodding to me would not be fun every day or even once a week. It's too much of a high for me. I might not even try it for two months again maybe two and a half. Like I posted earlier it depends on how I feel. Example: The last two days sober have been great I got a lot of errands done and school work. I was the designated driver on New Year's. I also get natural head changes during the day from working out or walking or driving or w/e. After doing lots of drugs I notice natural head changes I get during the day. Meth got me too spracked for my comfort. Staying up for two days wasn't enjoyable. The meth smoked in small amounts would be better than heroin. Meth felt like It enhanced all my abilities. When I was driving I was more aware and I just felt all around aware of my surroundings walking around almost on edge if I wasn't being occupied. Also right after I smoked I wouldn't feel high until I got moving. I took a big hit felt pretty normal except for the first rush. I did thirty push ups and it wasn't until I stood up I felt the highest I've been off one hit of it. In the wee hours of the morning I was driving way high crystal (I do the speed limit on speed as well) and was seeing shadows and sign posts moving and I thought why are those people walking around in the street or hiding behind stuff. It was an experience to say the least. Not one I'd want to do again, maybe small amounts in the future but not anytime soon.
So the point I'm trying to make is that I don't think about these drugs or crave them, there highs were too much for me. I like sobriety, DMT, and marijuana more than those substances. When I smoke a bong load at night I can kickit and do yoga or a little schoolwork. DMT I'd say is my favorite drug/tool; an extremely intense but short trip that gives you a much broader picture of everything. That is my point that maybe in the future be it a month, two, or three I will indulge myself in those "harder substances" when I feel like or think it would be nice for a night than I will do them for a day or two and that will be it and I'll wait another one, two, or three months. That is how I honestly, swear on my life am. I know that most people cannot resist and give in, but I pride myself with the fact that I can do it with other way less addictive substances like coke, pot, alcohol, psychedelics, coffee. Sorry if it sounds like I am sounding really cocky, but I am just trying to explain myself and tell you guys why I think I can handle it. And after trying both meth and heroin more than once and gotten really high on both I can truthfully say I do not crave these substances at all. I've been on a real healthy one lately and am trying to get healthier physically. That's honestly the only thing I can say I crave. I want to improve who I am till I die and learn as much and experience as much as I can in life, like maximizing the potential one is given in life. Plants are really my thing now and guitar. I like growing plants and the idea that there's an intelligence behind them, plants are somewhat aware and react to their surroundings, but not an intelligence like humans it'd be different like an animals, but different from an animals. This is my I believe my chances of addiction or wanting it are very limited. Some say, "Why would anyone try that at all'? Well why do people smoke cigarettes? Or workout? Or eat ice-cream, or bacon? Knowing somewhat or fully of the consequences whether good or bad. Can you tell your body what it gets to keep it healthy? of course. Most of the answers are for some form of pleasure. This is where education and personal experience come in handy, as you grow and experience more and more you make better and better or worse and worse decisions or a mix depending on your life, everyone is different.
Sorry for the very long reply, but it was how now hopefully you guys get it from my point of view. I didn't like the doubtful comments at first, but I did read them all and thought about all of them. I know it's a very small percentage that can, but I think I can as well and those who did had a similar mindset as mine. Alright that's enough explaining. Let's debate.

So was I. So was I. So was I......

I was doing great in college, making $600/week cash at my job, and I never liked the nod back then.

Each time you use though, you are coming that much closer to an addiction. You're still not getting it. We all didn't start out low-lives that got instantly addicted. It took a few years for me to become addicted, and it took a lot to get over it and finish college, but you never know what awaits you after that.

No, sorry but i dont think youll be able to do it(especially with heroin). I found my self when i started doing heroin it would be on the weekend when id get paid. That turned quicjly into 3 days a week to 5 days then i had a full blow addiction. I use heroin every day and i didnt think this would happen. Like someone else said we didt say to ourselves that we would do this every day become an addict if just happens. And with opiates it doesnt happen right away. It slowly eases it way into doing so. It was like one day i woke up and i was a full blown addict. It felt like just yesterday i had started doing dope then the next its an addiction. Be careful because sooner than you know it youll love that feeling so much you just start making those descions that il do it only on the weekend now and soon it will be everday and your mind will crave it and your body will NEED it. That voice we all have in our heads will start getting stronger and stronger and stronger. Best luck to yah bro.

Alright, I hear you guys. Personal experience is a powerful thing that can be used as great advice to others. Personal friends of mine had also dealt with addiction. I listened to their stories just like yours which only gives me greater caution and respect for it. From my personal experience I do not have an addictive personality. Every once in a great while a nice nod maybe say once every few months, no set date nothing to look forward to just if the time is right and I'm feeling it. But I don't now or suspect that I won't for awhile. Thinking now, once a month is a bit much not something I'd want to do. Like I posted above maybe once every few months. Meth I might not use for years, I gave the rest of mine away and the pipe, no regrets at all. I wasn't saying that I didn't enjoy the nod, in fact I enjoyed it a lot. First high was alright. Then I added a little more and bam great nod. Equal to sex I'd say, just the feeling, the companionship makes it better all around though. All the rest I smoked was great too, never really got better I enjoyed it all the same. But eventually ran out few days ago and I'm fine, don't crave or fiend or want. So yes I do enjoy it, but I enjoy life! Even more. The big and little things, sex, hiking, growing a plant, working out, the ritual of preparing my glass bongs with concentrates and smoking to unwind after a day. There is something very unrewarding to me a nod. The first time I feel I earned, the four or five times after I felt sorta guilty like my body or mind was saying you didn't earn this. So I like the nod, but my preference is earned natural highs. Or I like lowering my tolerance way low for all drugs, and reward myself a week later with bongloads or a few beers. My preferred way to kick back.
There's my response. I haven't heard the mindset of someone who occasionally uses and still does, no addiction whatsoever. So maybe my mindset is a little different than yours Tommyboy. If we got input from a still every once in awhile chipper we could probably get even better insight on where I might be down the road someday. I do not have personal addiction experience, but second hand. Still better than none or internet experience. Also as I reread the post directly above. I have already found something my body loves more than heroin or meth. I fucking love life, seriously. If I stop my current lifestyle like when I visited my grandma on Christmas I ate a lot of junk/fast food and felt like shit for a week. I stay healthy to feel good and my body loves that. I might be even more addicted to life than some addicts. It's the only thing that every really want to do. Self-improvement, learn, experience. So take this into consideration guys. I know where you guys are coming from, but it'd be nice to get input from someone who gets high on life as well.