• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using DXM to potentiate opiates. How long should I wait after taking DXM/optimal amount to take (Syrup)?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
This subject has been talked about a lot, however, I had a bit of a more specific question to ask.

I'm British, and it's pretty much impossible to get DXM pills over here. They're not illegal or anything, I've only managed to find one type I can order from the US, but it has Guaifenesin in it, taking Guaif too much can cause kidney stones, so I don't want to use those pills too much, you get x60/20mg pills, but with 400mg Guiaf:/ There's a brand called Robocough and they sell bottles of x100/30mg DXM pills, I've been hours trying to find somewhere to get them ordered to the UK for me to use, it would save me so much money.

Anyway, went on a huge tangent there. Most of the posts I see are likely American, and I assume when they say to wait 90 mins, they're talking about the pills. Others say wait 30-90 mins, but there's a full hour between the 30-90 mins and I don't know what is optimal for when you take DXM Syrup, as they don't specify whether it's Syrup, pills or gels. Does the Syrup enter your system faster, or slower than the pills? I imagine it is faster, but then again, I could be wrong. I always take them on an empty stomach, or at least almost 100% of the time. I've heard drugs are more effective that way.

My tolerance to opiates it pretty high, too. Can taking too much DXM overwhelm the feeling of the opiates? Some day to take 30mg, others say 60-120mg - I was thinking I should dose around 40-60mg, but idk. Likewise, does anybody here have an idea of the optimal time to wait after taking DXM syrup and the optimal amount to take for someone that has a high tolerance to opiates?

(Btw, if weight has anything to do with how much DXM you need, I weigh around 90kg and I am 6'2. However, I doubt that's the case with DXM, but I thought I'd say, just in case).

Any info would be helpful, thank you in advance, and also, have a happy new year👍🎇🎊

Last edited:
hey man, happy new year. first- this entire thing is...just dont do this. seriously dont bother. its not worth it. its not worth the worry its giving you. there are so many other and better ways to potentiate opiates that will provide much more pronounced effects, guaranteed. grapefruit juice, tagamet, promethazine, all infinitely better, proven options. furthermore, i cannot imagine the mix of the two will be any fun at all. if i had to guess, you likely do not have much experience with dxm or you probably wouldnt have these questions. if youre gonna push forward, i suggest you source some robo gels, that are only dxm alone. time isnt gonna matter at the dose you mention, there wont be any noticable effects. your best bet here is to go reckless abandon and just do your dope. dxm aint worth it man,

hey man, happy new year. first- this entire thing is...just dont do this. seriously dont bother. its not worth it. its not worth the worry its giving you. there are so many other and better ways to potentiate opiates that will provide much more pronounced effects, guaranteed. grapefruit juice, tagamet, promethazine, all infinitely better, proven options. furthermore, i cannot imagine the mix of the two will be any fun at all. if i had to guess, you likely do not have much experience with dxm or you probably wouldnt have these questions. if youre gonna push forward, i suggest you source some robo gels, that are only dxm alone. time isnt gonna matter at the dose you mention, there wont be any noticable effects. your best bet here is to go reckless abandon and just do your dope. dxm aint worth it man,
Hi,

Thanks for the info, I somehow missed this and just saw it😅 How come DXM isn't worth it? Also, I am British as mentioned, you can't get Tagamet over here, of at least not OTC.

I have tried grapefruit juice before and it had little effect. I once found quinine pills that I think worked pretty well, but not only can I not remember as to their effectiveness, quinine pills aren't really a thing you can buy. I think they were from a prescription my Mum had years prior and never finished them. I've tried grapefruit juice (white), and it didn't work...maybe I didn't have enough? Thing is, I like to avoid drinking before I smoke, as I get urine retention and can't pee due to the stuff I smoke being really strong (it's that pure, Afghan, very light cream/almost-white stuff).

So whilst it's great quality and very strong, it can also stop me from oeeong for 6 hours or sometimes much longer:/ Hence why grapefruit isn't ideal, I wonder if quinine is available to buy as a supplement online or if it's found in foods etc. Idk, but I'll check.

As for promethazine, I do use that when I can, but there's a shortage of it in the UK and again, I imagine in the US you can get a bottle of x100 max dose pills, whereas here, the most you can get at once is x28 50mg pills, and there's a shortage of them too, so a box of 28 pills costs like £11 online, which is about $15.

I have red through many, many potentiation guides, but the things mentioned aren't things you can buy in the UK, and if you can, they're OTC (like Promethazine), and not on shelves do you can buy as many as you like. That's why I go for DXM and/or Promethazine (when/if either are in stock), as there's not much other choice apart from white grapefruit juice.

That's another thing, due to Brexit, huge grapefruit juice shortage. I have it in mind to get any time I go to shop and it just isn't there, like, ever🗿 Not just white GF juice either, any GF juice.

Atm, DXM seems to be the only thing you can easily find and even then, around ½ chemists don't have it. Ofc, there always pregabalin, that works suuuper well, but I don't want to get addicted to it, so I get it now and again.

DXM works really well for me though. I wish I could get those x100/30mg ones shipped to me😭😂 I'm an insomniac and also struggle to sleep, DXM helps me do that too, which is another reason why one of those big bottles would be ace. I've seen those parcel forwarding companies, but idk how reliable any if them are - you can never know how many trust pilot reviews were possibly faked.

But yeah, options in the UK for potentiators are limited, at least in terms of what is easily available in the US.
Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
RYS

On the contrary to what @gigachud wrote, do I think that DXM and dissociatives in general are very good options to limit addiction to opioids (and stims, for that matter). If you didn't get results you are either a non-responder (such exist for any drug class) or dosed too conservatively. Some people report success in potentiating opioids with as low as 50mg of DXM while I think the average user will need more. With these dosages one will enter dissociative territory and experience a change of quality of the high but possibility exists that you'll like it.

I successfully withdrew from both 4mg bupe with deschloroketamine and from a whopping 480mg of morphine with a pregabalin taper and then memantine to kick the remaining 120mg/d. It was still a rough time with some anxiety but nothing like the misery of a cold turkey. Also, while using, I noticed potentiation of morphine and methadone with the use of dissociatives.

If all you can get is caps with guaifenesin in it then maybe there is a syrup with only DXM in it, or then you have to extract, I think in that popular FAQ by W. White (hosted on erowid) some extraction methods are mentioned. I need to check whether they can get guaifenesin out or not.

Interesting that DXM helps you to sleep @Daddydopedick. I always got pronounced insomnia from any dosage of DXM but possibly the potentiation of your opioid overshadows that.

As I never used DXM together with opioids, I can't really comment on the dosage. As I said I read about success with less than 100mg/d (in rare cases it even appears to being prescribed by pain doctors according a paper on PubMed). The average person might need at least 100 up to 250mg per day. I used DXM together with methylphenidate though to stop tolerance and increase the euphoria and my average dosage were 100-250mg per day, with 200-250mg dissociative effects began to set in.

Last edited:
i'm just gonna go against what gigachud is saying and say that 50mgs of dxm and even taking like 2 vicodin for me gives me a decent buzz. it's not really out of this world or anything, but i feel noticibly good and usually i barely notice like four vicodin on their own. i'm not sure if i'm taking the stronger vicodins or the lower dose ones when i talk about this, but whatever they were, i'm sure there are some stronger opiates out there.

when i got my wisdom teeth removed i had one bottle of 4oz cough syrup for the entire three day weekend mixed with my bottle of vicodin and it was a pretty good time... i think i took a couple shots of alcohol too, but probably didn't need to... it was a pretty decent time for not really being able to smoke as much weed as normal.

from what i understand there are worse combinations of drugs that dxm and opiates. i definitely didn't have any negative side effects personally... i really have no experience with long term use though.