• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using Codeine to come off Suboxone

Slybone

Greenlighter
Hey guys, hoping for some advice,

Been on Suboxone for about 5 months. Dosage is 1mg per day. Although it is a very small dose, I still get mild withdrawals in the morning before my dose (stretching, yawning, tearing up and runny nose).

I was on it about a year ago at the same dose for about 3 months, attempted to come off with the aid of Tramadol and Gabapentin.

It worked for a while, but I was travelling through Cambodia at the time, and the ridiculous ease of access to pharmaceutical and street goodies got the better of me in a big way. Now I am back on Subs, wanting to quit, but this time I am in my home country where access to helpful drugs like Gabapentin and Opioids is highly restricted.

Only Opiate that is easy to find here legally is Codeine, and as it is quite mild, and since I am only on a small Sub dose, I was wondering if anyone else has successfully come off Subs with the aid of weaker drugs like Codeine or Tramadol?

Only asking because the withdrawal from Subs, although at my dose is not that severe, is drawn out over at least two weeks, and the anxiety, depression and lethargy really start getting to me after the first week.

On the other hand the withdrawal from codeine may last 10 days at most, and is nowhere near as agonizing. I need this to affect my work life as little as possible.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Also have access to PST, but figured that would be like taking a step backwards.

Others will weigh in, but some tapers take more then a few weeks. Going back to codeine seems like a backward step from a purely HR view.

Have you done anything like working out or jogging to ramp up your body's natural endorphin's?

As far as medicines to help, natural anxiety and relaxing remedies have been shown to assist this rough period.

Exercising will definitely assist the anxiety and depression.

Don't forget proper nutrition.

I'd advise something stronger than codeine. Have you looked at a codeine equivalency chart? Youd need roughly 120mg of the natural Codeine product to equal 5-10 milligrams of synthesized Hydrocodone.
Codiene is so weak, its available OTC is most countrys.
NOT TO MENTION THE TYLENOL CONTENT... its 325 tylenol to 30 or 60 codeine..you'll die of tylenol poisoning before you get well.

Youd need roughly 120mg of the natural Codeine product to equal 5-10 milligrams of synthesized Hydrocodone.

For the record, 120mg of codeine is equivalent to 20mg hydrocodone. The trade name Vicodin is derived from the fact that hydrocodone is six times stronger than codeine- roman numerals VI*codeine (shortened to -codin)