Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using an AWS Gemini-20 to use for DOC and volumetric dosing

Ineffable14

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight,
I recently came into possesion of 150mgs of DOC.
I was wondering if any of you had an opinion on whether or not a Gemini-20 scale would be accurate enough to weigh out 20mg to be dissolved in 20 ml of ethanol?

I've had success using this scale in the past with compounds whose doses are about 20 mgs, but I understand there is little margin for error when working with such a potent compound.

Any advice will be much help :)
Cheers

((Mods can you edit the word "using" in the title, just noticed I repeated myself and could figure out how to change the title))

I've done that many times with that same scale, I usually go for 30mg/30mL, but 20 is more or less as good. Measure 4 or 5 times, take the average... also it really helps if you put the tray on and do NOT tare it, it will read like 2,500-something mg, and then just do the math, when it says 20 more than that, you have 20mg of DOC. I find that this scale sometimes can get fairly inaccurate or at least inconsistent when it's reading only a very small number of mgs, but when it's already got weight on there it's better.

Good suggestion, I'll try it. My scales are not too great and I have the same problem.
I ended up having to weigh out 250mg. to be dissolved in 250ml. water...is alcohol better?

Alcohol will evaporate over time faster than water will, but high proof alcohol solutions are much lees susceptible to bacterial growth.

If you use water and want to store the solution for any amount of time, use bacteriostatic water (with benzyl alcohol).

Keeping a dime placed between the metal tray, sitting on the actual scale seemed to greatly improve accuracy. I have a calibration kit with weights ranging from 10mgs-20gs. Anything over 20mgs reads quite well.

Good suggestion, I'll try it. My scales are not too great and I have the same problem.
I ended up having to weigh out 250mg. to be dissolved in 250ml. water...is alcohol better?

I usually use like 50% water, 50% some sort of 80 proof liquor (or 25% Everclear), to avoid microbial growth. I also usually weigh out around 30mg at a time and keep the rest dry until I need to make more solution.

Nothing will evaporate if you keep it in a tightly sealed container. I use an old dropper bottle I had a liquid herbal supplement in... took the dropper out of the cap and the cap seals up really tightly.

I have that scale. After a lot of use I've come to the conclusion that it's trustworthy +/- 4mg. Take that into account. 24mg in 20ml is 1.2mg/ml, so the difference isn't going to kill you. It will all depend on how precise you feel the need to be.

Well with a compound as potent as DOC, I'd like to be as close to precise as possible.
Thank you for all your helpful words.