• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using 8mgs vs 16 MG of dilaudid

awake2015

Greenlighter
I am on methadone and has useS opiates very rarely. I'm aware that there is blockage like effect that cause the methadone to bind to the opiate receptors therfore if opiates are taken the effects are not felt, hence helps with not using opiates. I'm aware that at lower doses some not everyone do feel a rush or onset of the opiates.

I am at a very low dose so if he uses 8mg of dilaudid he feels the effects not extreme but enough to since a crunch. Swim knows it's extremely important not to mix the two (also wait 24-30 hours after dose of.methadon) opiates and not to use ridiculous amounts of dilaudid. Just wanted to know if I decides to take 12-16 MG would that potential it more..

Most people would think yes right away but I'm unsure as METHADONE does attach to the receptors. I am on 18mg of methadone and know the effect of 8 MG does work to a degree. Also I use 4-2mgs understanding using more pills (6-8 2 MG tabs) would be more filler it still would be strong even if using through Iv?

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to BL. No SWIM here. Having done dilaudid a lot, a LOT, its effects diminish rapidly over a 12mg single shot dose. Ive loaded as much as 2 32mg exalgo in a 3cc syringe and didnt get any better effect than a 4mg the first time. Very few things safely potentiate hydromorphone, the best thing I can say is do it infrequently enough and far enough away from methadone that a single 8mg pill or 8mg total gets you a nice high.

Also, not all generics are the same as far as ease of getting the D out of the binders. Use a 1cc rig (as opposed to .3 or .5cc) b/c you want to get it all the first time and not do rinses which suck and can give you cotton fever.

welcome to BL. No SWIM here. Having done dilaudid a lot, a LOT, its effects diminish rapidly over a 12mg single shot dose. Ive loaded as much as 2 32mg exalgo in a 3cc syringe and didnt get any better effect than a 4mg the first time. Very few things safely potentiate hydromorphone, the best thing I can say is do it infrequently enough and far enough away from methadone that a single 8mg pill or 8mg total gets you a nice high.

Also, not all generics are the same as far as ease of getting the D out of the binders. Use a 1cc rig (as opposed to .3 or .5cc) b/c you want to get it all the first time and not do rinses which suck and can give you cotton fever.

Thanks very clear and you explained exactly what I thought.. I ended up and changing my mind last minute :S. But it's good knowledge to know.. Also can be a waste if you don't know.. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: