• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Using 750mg Methadone to Kick Heroin

PassivePanda

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have been addicted to heroin for awhile and I finally acquired 750mg methadone.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on what amounts to take for what period of time.
I also have clonidine, methocarbonal and other comfort meds to use after my last dose of methadone.
Any help would be appreciated, and I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.
Thanks everyone.

I wouldn't Use that much maybe take 35 the first da andifyou start getting sick take another 35. Lower by 5 the next day and try to cut out evening dose, if so try 20mg. The next day you should be able to lower dramatically. Say 20-25mg. Try again to cut out evening dose if you have to try 15mg. It builds up in your body over successive days so you should be able to lower quick. Then do 20mg and cut evening dose, then 15mg, then next day 10, then do 5 for 2 days. You will probably still feel good for a few days but then slight withdrawal or PAWS will kick in its going to be rough but the more time you stay on methadone too long with high doses your withdrawal will be rough.

May I ask if you are using American dope aka fentanyl or euro heroin?

Last edited:
I was using black tar heroin that surprisingly contained no fentanyl.

Then my protocol should definitely be more than enough. You can increase or lengthen slightly but it will just make your final cut harder and the withdrawal worse. Maybe you can cut slower and lower to help.

Hello,

I have been addicted to heroin for awhile and I finally acquired 750mg methadone.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on what amounts to take for what period of time.
I also have clonidine, methocarbonal and other comfort meds to use after my last dose of methadone.
Any help would be appreciated, and I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.
Thanks everyone.

Good lord! If this is your first time taking M, for the love of God do not ever ever take that much. I am posting this without reading all the replies so I apologize if I say something redundant. SIK has been on a methadone Maintence Program for 5 plus years and the highest level they reached 120mg. This is after starting at 35mg, which is a law where she lives. Not sure where you live so I dont know your laws specifically. But start with a MUCH smaller mg and increase as needed. Like I mentioned laws around here are that patients MUST start at 35mg of liquid. Please be safe and dont take that flat out. Past usage or not. 750mg is an absolutely effin crazy high mg. This is just advice from someone who has experience with said topic and knows MANY people who do as well.
Lastly, I apologize in advanced for any repeated stuff since I saw this post and had to comment immediately based on what your wrote. Thanks! :)