• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US: In one year, drug overdoses killed more Americans than the entire Vietnam War did

guns killed more and i don't see anyone trying to regulate them. The equivalent approach would be selling carfentanyl to anyone over eighteen at walmart

The DEA can act outside the bounds of the law and make up thier own laws. Emergency scheduling for example.

No votes no congress no science needed...all that's needed is they say a drug should be scheduled.

Not really.. I know what you are saying, but there are laws that dictate how they go about emergency scheduling, and all actions are still subject to the laws in the end. If they were acting completely outside of the laws they would be considered outlaws or criminals. Emergency scheduling is within the DEA's authority and has practical use, for example, regulating research chemicals that are going around like wildfire because they can be bought and sold "legally" without regulation.

DEA agents and officials can still be prosecuted by our courts as well. If it was proven that they were using emergency scheduling for a criminal activities then whoever was involved/responsible could be held accountable in court.

This whole “opioid epidemic” and our response to it reminds me a lot of what I have learned about the HIV crisis and the incredibly limp response of the 80-90’s.

This whole “opioid epidemic” and our response to it reminds me a lot of what I have learned about the HIV crisis and the incredibly limp response of the 80-90’s.

It really does. Especially the blame the victim first mentality. It is actually worse though because we know how to treat opiate addiction with a reasonable success rate(maintenance) yet choose not too for reasons...