• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction URGENT: METH USE & Scabies Infections - Correlated?

Hey @Ron c . Welcome to BL. That’s a really interesting phenomena / experience you describe.

How’s it going. All recovered? Not still happening?
All good now, only been 2 weeks since it finally ended, a lot of insecticides to finally end it.. But the realization that the insects were real and were responding and were attracted to this meth user (,me) was my main point. If I don't use then I am not a target either.

(I hadn't smoked any in 10 yrs and was well aware of my surroundings. It was just a one month binge). not Psychosis on the human part which most "experts " attribute meth mites to. Now "Meth Moths) has been documented somewhat. lol, wasn't funny when in progress. I just consider myself a step in front of the experts on the way meth can alter and attract insects around you that are exposed to it.

Look up sinus tract formation under the skin that can be caused by methamphetamines...adderral can cause them also but that infos harder to find cause adderrals more profitable

Or better yet look up what happens with Hidradenitis suppurativa disease and all the associated symptoms. Its unrelated to meth use but both produce very similiar experiences

Look up sinus tract formation under the skin that can be caused by methamphetamines...adderral can cause them also but that infos harder to find cause adderrals more profitable

Or better yet look up what happens with Hidradenitis suppurativa disease and all the associated symptoms. Its unrelated to meth use but both produce very similiar experiences

I have not seem any research that demonstrates causation regarding meth and sinus tract formation. However, there are examples of correlation.

I reckon the now well studied and demonstrated specific physiological affects of chronic meth use on immunity and inflammation probably make a causal link a valid hypothesis.

As I understand it a sinus tract formation is an unnatural tunneling wound in the body. Most usually from an abscess of some kind which or may not be related to an injury. And then compromised by infection.

For the meth user, infected hair follicles are often a source of infection as are picking sites. From what I’ve seen in photos i could imagine why a user could imagine burrowing bugs being involved in advanced cases

Delusional parasitosis is what it's called. I use to slam meth and just watch the bugs start coming out of my pores but I knew it was the drug. It actually started to look more like literal meth crystals oozing out of me because I wasn't letting myself see the bugs. I've seen some people on skid row do some crazy shit once I stopped a dude who was so compelled to "remove" the bugs from his girls legs that were actually just scabs from prior picking. This guy just spent an hour digging at himself with used needles then saw the much more enticing "bugs" on his girl. The look on his face was so terrifying and all his girl could do was look at me as she froze in fear. I can't imagine what would of happened if I hadn't stopped in for a bag at the time. Same group held a chick captive searching inside every part of her body for "stollen" dope. Delusional parasitosis is so prevalent on the west coast that even a large number of non drug using citizens believe in parasites that just don't exist. Furthermore more sleep deprivation is only one cause of psychosis the real bad mother fucker psychosis is caused by excessive dopamine and can literally happen immediately upon using and does for many people.

Last edited:
Hey man. You still around? You doing okay? I hope you put the meth down, or at least the needle.

Bedbugs, mites, lice, and various things coming out of pores are all very common meth delusions, usually accompanied by reinforcing tactile / visual hallucinations. I’ve experienced it myself a handful of times, witnessed others experience it twice as many times, and also witnessed a whole household feed into each others’ delusions about it to the point they all believed it; Dragged all the furniture outside, burnt it; Ripped up all the carpets, burnt them; never replaced. 8 years later these people have no couch or carpet.

Meth dries out your skin, leaving it weak and susceptible to problems in general, like heat rashes.

According to your timeline, you began regular meth use 3 weeks before this began and nearly immediately began to experiment with IV? And had no social or sexual contact? And suddenly have burrowing scabies? That aren’t hallucinations, but are absolutely real? That only happen when you’re using, and clear up when you’re not? …. Okay. Come on. Please, really come on. Look what this is doing to you- already, this fast. Is this something you want? Are you having a good time? Is this a worthwhile, pleasant high to you?

Hope you’re doing all right. For real.

Delusional parasitosis is what it's called. I use to slam meth and just watch the bugs start coming out of my pores but I knew it was the drug. It actually started to look more like literal meth crystals oozing out of me because I wasn't letting myself see the bugs.

Yes, exactly. Myself, my significant other, and a couple handful of others have experienced this both together and alone, and the reaction was just “daaaaamn so that’s what that’s about.” Kind of mesmerizing. But never once did we really believe it was bugs? I remember watching our faces together in the mirror with my boyfriend, looking at our tear ducts and inspecting each other like man do you see this?

In my one solitary experience of true psychosis (2+ weeks, no sleep, no food, extensive hallucinations from all senses, full on delusions) I *did* experience the bedbug delusion. It wasn’t a priority in my head, though. just a back of my head kind of thought- what’s that on my pants? That’s itchy. Is that something crawling? *squints* Where did I get these pants? Does ol girl have bedbugs? Omg are these bedbugs? Wow they’re in all my clothes now. I’m always itchy. Tiny things are always crawling all thru my clothes…” I’d stare and watch them a sometimes i’d watch one crawling and poof, it would disappear and reappear in a spot where it couldn’t have if it was real, like static. But I was never like, concerned, as OP is. i had way worse shit on my plate at the time lmfao. I hallucinated multiple murders and was interpreting them as real and experiencing some kind of psychotic trauma, i guess lol… I saw and spoke to actual “tree people”… Man, it was the worst. Ended up in jail, still wholly delusional and actively hallucinating. I had entire conversions with people out the window of the cell door they weren’t real, and then argued with cell mates about it being real… all while these little guys crawled thru my yoga pants nonstop. Felt like little wiggly hairs.

After I finally fell asleep in jail, I slept for a week… Woke up without a single itch. My pants were no longer vibrating masses of tiny minuscule bugs. I did notice this. I said hmmm… pants seem very still, very harmless now…

I believe that meth use is a strong attractsamt for insects, I recently had an experience with lacewings and whitemoths, aka white flies that are normally harmless to humans.
While smoking meth in my place alone these exposed moths became aggressive and started biting and actually boring into and getting under inside my skin. I fought and sprayed these moths and my entire mobile home with insecticides for a couple of weeks. They would die but were very resistant. Nothing like Off would repel them. They would basically commit suicide wanting to get to my meth saturated blood. I even had these lint/floating dust mites that were activated by my smoking and would attack and bite me as well. I have 50 hours or more of googling skin boring moths, befire I found Bluelight with a couple of open minds in it .No such thing as skin burrowing moths, a few blood sucking ones but none that fully penitrate. You try to explain like I am doing now, people think you are nuts or were hallucinating. My Physicians immediately wanted me to take a drug test.. The moths when they bore into you leave behind their body covering, they skin themselves alive as they burrow in beak first and become wormlike with whats left of their eyes and their beak like mouth they usually use to suck nectar out of garden plants or lesser insects that they prey upon. You feel the bite, slap at it, all that is left is what appears to be a couple of silky feather pieces. Many Can be scraped out, I used my finger and alternating between soapy water and peroxide.You would scrape out white silky matter and scum. I am posting this because many/most believe it, write it off as an hallucination. I have pictures of the crazed moths that skinned themselves trying bore in or that I was able to extract. And of a half alive insecticide spayed moth still wanting to drink/come in contact with my meth infused blood. I should have let them bore in and caught them on film. At the time I was just trying to stop/kill them. I know they were induced and had a fatal attraction to my being saturated with Meth. These were real, hundreds bored in..taking doxycycline and ivermectin and back off the meth.
Please get in touch with me. I had this exact experience. Parasites visibly in my skin, thought to be scabies. I.scratched the burrows open and am still living w a slow healing wound 3 years later. I tho
ught inwas crazy. I had symptomsmvisible to other people. They have all passed away and I have no one to answer my questions. Doctors are clueless and chalk UT up to drug use. There was a yellowy substance that laid on my skin. Stringy filmy substance and fuzz and debris from the environment could be scraped out of the burrows. Little worm looking things protruding from the end of.the burrow and my own hair would be trapped in the burrows. This is the closest thing I've read. And it started after I began IVing meth. Please let me know how you're doing now. I used ivermectin 3x in a row and it finally stopped.

I've been doing meth and cocaine on and off of for almost 25 years. Ive gone years without in between, I usually just use responsibility until I feel like I'm getting to deep then completely quit. Well about 12 years ago I started getting random crusty pimple looking spots or a spot that didn't want to heal, oozed, and generally abnormal but it would eventually go away. I would get them sometimes when I wasn't doing any drugs but it was definitely far less. Now with the cocaine I would notice it would take a certain period of time of persistent use before they wouldn't basically develop but when I was doing math it was very quick. I just talked this up too picking at the skin and doing to much especially with the cocaine because it was so gradual. But as I started doing math more often than the cocaine and it would happen so quick I was actually relatively sober and I was watching it happen without ever touching anything but of course I would get way more high and by time it was all said and done I would just convince myself it was meth mites although I knew in my mind after I initially found out that these would show up without me having ever touched my skin and start itching and then I would start touching the skin but they would for the most part go away when I quit doing math or seemed to go away, it wasn't obvious that there was anything going on there. Well fast forward 12 or 13 years my hands started getting really stiff and it was hard to even close my hand like the skin was really hard it's starting to get discolored and dry and I would notice these weird symmetrical spots and the most random places like a line of dots. Well long story short turns out I have scabies and I have had scabies this entire time. After I initially found out and realize that what I had thought was just meth induced delusion was actually 100% accurate and that these things were just appearing out of nowhere nearly instantly after consuming meth. Now that I knew what they were I knew that they couldn't just be attracted to the smell of meth and attack you, that's not how scabies works. My hypothesis was that the math created toxicity in your body and they were actually trying to get away from it, so whatever you see on your skin as far as scabs and whatnot they were already living in you, they didn't just appear out of nowhere and like the other guy noted It's it's not like you're going to go from a normal immune system to immunosuppressed after taking .2 of meth and that's literally what would happen. I actually did a experiment or I hadn't taken meth for a while and I did some and I specifically didn't touch anything I would just I would just look and know where I could see them surfacing. I also bought one of those little microscopes off Amazon so I would just let them go for about 2 hours and then take a look and what I found was and they were in fact completely surfacing they would break a little hole in their burrow right at the end and there would be like three to five of them sitting right there in/on a half melted piece of skin. There would be a discolored ring around the opening in the skin and you could remove then pretty easily but the damage was done since they would release so much saliva high tailing it to the surface but they will just sit there doing nothing if you leave them alone so I don't think the meth gets them amped up and wanting to devour you, lol. I think more people have scabies than you could even imagine but under normal circumstances they stay under the skin and go relatively unnoticed although I think that when they come to the surface they probably tend to get spread more especially if your scratching them which ultimately will cause the infestation to become worse. I think there may be something to secondary parasitic infections that are attracted to the smell of whatever is going on with the scabies but I really don't have any hard evidence for that besides to say it's better those things remain just drug fueled hallucinations 🙏