• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants uppers don't get me high?

eloquently hinged

Greenlighter
I've done cocaine of various qualities, including fishscale. I've done molly (real and not) and extacy (the first time it turned out to be meth bombs!). I've tried crack. I even smoked meth once just to prove that it wouldn't work.

Uppers dont get me high! No euphoria. Just energy. MDMA and ritalin feel exactly the same to me, just slightly different levels of the only 2 effects I get from these drugs - wakefull energy and slight jaw clenching (I get the least of both with cocaine).

It has actually been it has actually been very useful to me, being able to get this guaranteed sustained wakefulness and focus without being affected in other ways. I have played around with some newer synthetic stimulants as a focus tool.

My mother once admitted to me that she had tried coke twice and nothing happened so I'm thinking it might be genetic. However I can't seem to find anybody talking about experiencing this much less anything scientific about it.

The only theory I have found is that people with ADHD may be unaffected. I've been diagnosed ADD but not ADHD. I also find a lot of information that disputes this concept. Maybe there's multiple types or causes of ADD and some of them are immune to stimulant euphoria?

If you are also unaffected by these drugs, are you also ADD or ADHD? If you have one of these disorders, do stimulants get you high? I'd like to know just how alone I am out here with this.

If a person has ADD?ADHD, stimulants usually calm that person down. This may be what you are experiencing. That however doesn't mean those people cannot get high on the stimulants. Too much amphetamine for example could pass the therapeutic window and possibly get a person in an excited state.

We re talking about completely subjective things here. Our views on ADD/ADHD may differ. My dose may be completely different then yours.

I cannot further comment on getting high. We do not talk about getting high or how you may do so. I would guess it to have to do with the ADD/ADHD.

I am diagnosed ( I knew before) ADD. Stimulants make me focus. I have had a genetic test done. Again I knew the answer before I was told, but you may be more sensitive to an amphetamine based medication, or methylphenidate/Ritalin.

I was denied medication the last time I saw a doctor about it because I tested positive for thc. And increased dose has shown potential to get my heart racing and leave me short of breath, but still no euphoria. I feel like I've explored my entire safe dosage range.