• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Understanding opioids?!?

MephedroneCandy

Bluelighter
So basically, sometime ago, I was in a period where I really like researching drugs and I had a lot of free time! Basically I had all sort of drugs in my basement, but then they ran out. So while I was waiting for others I tried to explore all the medications that I had and try to find something recreational. So I found codeine+paracetamol pills! I did CWE extraction and I injected the codeine. It was the first time I tried opiates! For relatively a lot of time anything happened (which is strange, as I said I did an intravenous injection), but then THE WORLD OPENED UP.

All together I find myself with a smile plastered on my face that seems almost manic, extremely horny and without any kind of inhibitions, I just didn't give a shit about the consequences of my actions even if I understood them. But it wasn't just that. It was like there was only me in the world and I was full of motivation and walking around the town thinking of something cool (and potentially dangerous) to do; It literally felt like I was the protagonist of A Clockwork Orange. Anyway I don't want to dwell on what happened next, but it bordered on the absurd.

VERY UNFORTUNATELY THIS HAPPENED 2 YEARS AGO!
Months later I tried all types of opioids available in pharmacies (hydromorphone, oxycodone, morphine, paracodine) in the hope of having a similar experience, in all ways of taking them, without ever getting a result like the one just written, indeed it was really different: I'm just cheerful (not in the MDMA way, much more boring), carefree and paceful. I even tried codeine again, it was nothing like that time!
Can you help me understand what happened that time? I would love to try this experience again.

Last edited:
my friend told me same about codeine
It made him just "go" in good way
was never too much into them
anyway, no more
even doing oxycodone is disappointing for him
I guess either we change for tolerance or for other reasons. Increasing dose won't fully compensate tolerance, experience changes overall
there is also the novelty factor
I have myself found myself liking opiates even more with age because my life is more fucked up

I don’t think you can even IV codiene… either way sounds like you popped your opiate cherry with codiene which is a euphoric itchy opiate. After that popped cherry you probably never will feel that same feeling but maybe you convinced yourself you felt that way doesn’t sound like it makes much sense

You can IV codeine but it won't give you any benefits over oral use because it is a prodrug.

Sometimes the first encounter with a new drug can provide effects which you will never reach again with subsequent dosages, this is the original meaning of 'chasing the dragon' (besides smoking on foil) that one will chase a high which will never come again. I think it's related to the novelty factor and 'virgin receptors'.

Last edited:
I know what tolerance means. But here there were completely different effects. Btw even if it is a prodrug it first needs to go into the blood stream before being metabolized by the liver. So by injecting it i'm speeding up the process. Infact IV codeine exist in a hospital enviroment.