• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants UK speed (amphetamine sulphate, not meth) acetone wash

usual-suspect

Bluelighter
Trying to definitely quit from cocaine I've got my hands on a good batch of UK speed (yes, I know is not the best idea replace one stim with another, but so far speed has been much, much less morish than coke, i.e. I get 5 grams of coke and probably will do all the coke 6 of next 7 days until the 5 grams are gone, while with speed I just don't feel like doing more than once or twice a day, and can spend a few days without doing it)

I did an acetone wash because I am used to snort cocaine and snorting this speed is disgusting, so thought the wash would improve it (it didn't). Did it more or less like this video:

After the wash I did a lot of chop chop and swirl around the plate, shaking every 10 minutes for about one hour so that acetone evaporates and was left a fine powder completely dry, and a weight loss of 30%. Still, is disgusting to snort, so I use it in around 40mg capsules and it's feeling great so far.

The question is: why did it lose around 30% weight with the acetone wash? Inactive cuts? I sent a bit of the unwashed speed to wedinos for testing and came back as "Major: Amphetamine" and no active cuts found. I am tempted to send a sample of the washed speed for testing again, to see if my wash did actually fuck up the speed, LOL

Also, how long is it recommended to leave the speed airing to make sure all the acetone is gone? After the wash+one hour airing the speed looked as dry as it can be, and could not smell any acetone. Is that safe?

Last edited:
I doubt very much you fucked up any real amphetamine you had. Most likely explanation is inactive cuts. Speed is commonly 50+ % cut in some locations.

Plus speed does taste pretty horrible. Question is did you get buzzed?

Also, it’s dry when you can no longer smell acetone. People often say around 15 minutes but it depends on local conditions.

Personally I seal the opening of the filter and waggle both sides of the filter / amps package in front of a normal house fan and its dry in 5 mins or less on a 2-3 gram wash.

Eurgh snorting speed is the worst thing to sniff, it's so bloody disgusting just the thought of it makes me heave, I littrally can't lol, I bomb it, not done any in years as it's what I did at raves with a tiny bit of mdma, the way your doing it could be good for when you want to come off, less and less in the capsules each day, even by a mg

Question is did you get buzzed
Yes, not really high or euphoric, but felt very awake, motivated and in good mood, as I guess is expected on a moderate dose of amphetamine.

Tried a higher dose once (120 mg) and felt kind of more buzz and horny, but also a much more unpleasant comedown in a way that is not worth it. I like more the subtle effect of a lower dose and almost no comedown.

Sounds about right for amphetamine sulfate. I think you just got a typical shitty deal. You did the right thing cleaning it and if you followed that video with anhydrous acetone you didn’t lose any. It’s as good as it’s gonna get. If you want more euphoria and horniness from an amp there are alternatives like meth. But greatly increased risks.

less and less in the capsules each day, even by a mg
I want to not do it daily and use it as a supplement for work, using Monday, Tuesday and Thursday only, or something like that, and not using on weekends. Will start this Monday first with 20 mg,, just to test and find out the minimum that makes me feel some effect.

Another rule is use only in the morning, not later than 10:00 as I have noticed it reduces my sleep if taken later, for example a redose at 15:00 and I will sleep 4 hours only when normally I sleep 6.

Probably is not going to be as I expect and will create another addiction, but my hope is to keep away cocaine a couple of months, and then start taking breaks from speed as well and finally stop stims (just the good old coffee)

you want more euphoria and horniness from an amp there are alternatives like meth. But greatly increased risks.
I thought about that, but it lasts too much and probably will reduce my sleep so that eventually would need it the next morning to just wake up. Also looks more dangerous by ten fold in terms or damage and prone to addiction.

Another difficulty is that is harder to measure as not sure how professional needs to be the scale to weight milligrammes. Mine has an error of 10 mg or more, depending on the day, so I might be using 20 when wanted to use 10, etc.

Amphetamine feels a lot safer and will stick to it as long as helps me forget the coke.

And not sure how to find even good amphetamine in UK. this is a "good" batch in terms that is not cut with caffeine or something active, as per wedinos testing. I guess meth is even worse, being more expensive the motherfucking dealers will cut it more or sell you poison.

Last edited:
Good luck with using speed for work, I can't sleep on it at at all need sleeping pills when I do it
Yeah today I woke up eyes wide open at 5:00 because yesterday did had one capsule around 15:00 (and went to bed at 1:00)

And benzos are another fucking addiction that came hand by hand with cocaine, so I don't want to use them frequently neither.

Today and tomorrow won't use any drugs whatsoever (besides coffee and some alcohol). It's going to be boring af, lol.

And benzos are another fucking addiction that came hand by hand with cocaine

And me, I got addicted to them and sleeping pills because I done coke with my ex, I hate coke but couldn't saw no, but had to do pills to sleep I did put up with insomnia for 2 years but then I couldn't take it anymore and turned to pills, coke had a lot to answer for, I'm off the now, well I take co codamol for fibromyalgia and because I'm an addict that seems to have to have something, I stopped pills and then even started vaping again after a year as my brain couldn't do without something lol

Proper amphetamine sulphate is euphoric as fuck. Unfortunately, proper amphetamine sulphate is as rare as fuck...
I don't know. More or less I can say from opinions read here and there that any stim drug you can name doesn't exist anymore but in a very debased/adulterated form.

I have no idea if that's true, or just people gets tolerance/age and same drug doesn't seem to be the same... Probably both things, and specially stimulants must be 80/20 and they are a real crap today, and the most crappy drug you can get is cocaine. I can't believe when I read the feedback left in the DNM by people literally sucking the dealer's cock for some powder that is like speed mixed with sandpaper and dried cum, which they sell by ten times the price of platinum. Average rating 9.8/10 for that piece of shit?? I am tempted to go back and buy half gram of that crap to each of them motherfuckers just to leave a 0/10 feedback message including a wedinos reference. Don't know what's in cocaine that makes you fool yourself so much.

At least speed is "cheap" (for now) and I really don't crave for it. I am drunk enough now and have like 6g of speed but no intention to touch it. If I had 6 grams of "cocaine" I would be now snorting that sandpaper shit tirelessly and probably end after a few hours spitting on it and flushing that in the toilet.

Seems like you got relatively decent speed. Still, an acetone wash is almost mandatory for euro speed, at least to get rid of the inactive cuts which are not healthy to snort.
Oh and consuming small amounts of acetone is not particularly dangerous, but if you want to speed-up the drying process you can use a fan, an open window or an oven at low temp (my personal favorite).

Although snorting speed is never going to be as smooth as snorting cocaine because the latter is a local anesthetic. Cocaine is misleading though because it's very easy and pleasant to snort, but it probably causes substantially more damage to the nasal cavity (with long term use).

Overall amphetamine has its downsides but it's safer, less compulsive and much cheaper than cocaine.
But it can also be quite habit forming, specially if you're replacing one addiction for another (just something to keep in mind).

And yeah sleep is very important, I've read that almost everyone should aim for 7h-9h a night, less than that might not be very good in the long term (as far as I know).
Not getting enough sleep, or even worse: staying awake for long periods of time, is one of the unhealthiest things one can do (iirc it's heavily correlated with mental deficiencies and a bunch of serious illnesses).
That's why benzos are so useful when you're a stimulant user (except for the fact that they disrupt REM sleep but it's still better than staying awake).
But yeah you're absolutely right about the addiction risk, it's best to avoid them as much as you can... Quitting cocaine or any stim might seem like a walk in the park compared to a serious benzo addiction.

I used to love snorting speed. Yes it has a burn, but it's a pleasant burn that soon gives way to the rush. It's the adulterants that makes modern speed thoroughly unpleasant to snort and clogs your sinuses up.

uk speed has been notoriously shite for years, you'll be very lucky to get anything above 20% pure
Yeah, sure. I guess when wedinos comes back with something as "major: amphetamine" that only means it was the only active substance found, and it could be just 15% amphetamine and 85% inactive cuts. Not sure how they draw the line between "major" and "minor"

Last edited:
It's the smell and drip that puts me off lol, it's rank

Again, good speed has no smell. It's the residual solvents that causes that 'cat pissy smell'. Also, when it has a decent level of purity, the drip is negligible. It's the cuts that inhibit absorption and promotes 'the drip'.

Powder drugs are all fuckin shit these days...

Again, good speed has no smell. It's the residual solvents that causes that 'cat pissy smell'. Also, when it has a decent level of purity, the drip is negligible. It's the cuts that inhibit absorption and promotes 'the drip'

That's mad, I've never had real speed then I had base and its was so bloody strong, not euphoric but definitely strong, kept me awake and speedy for hours, making me dance better than on mdma alone, even when I first did it aged 16 on its own it was cat piss smell but strong

How much of it actually gets absorbed into the filter that way? The way I do it is by spreading it on glass and then evenly dripping acetone on it a few times over (for a cleaner snort), but then again the stuff I get is relatively uncut, wonder if you can use this method on trash speed and just wait for acetone to evaporate.