UK police chief: To reduce crime, we must end the war on drugs

Just saw this on the BBC website. I'm shocked on 2 counts. 1, that an ACTIVELY serving chief police officer has come out and said this, and 2, that the guy happens to run the force that's only the next county over from me.

Flynnal;11867441 said:
This joker card has rarely, if ever, worked for the pro-lifers who are trying to put an end to abortion. So why should it mysteriously work in another context?

Perhaps we could all try to understand this in simple terms so that even a retard can get their head around it: The pro-lifers aren't interested in creating enormous multi-billion dollar enterprises, there is NO MONEY TO BE MADE, so playing this card called "it's for the children" just magically loses it's power and turns into a joker.

But when there is MONEY TO BE MADE or MONEY BEING MADE, as the case may be, this joker card just magically turns into an ace.

1/ The pro-lifers can't use the "think of the children" - the fact that abortion is a MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR-A-YEAR-BUSINESS, has turned the card they are trying to play with, into a useless joker, so they lose. CROSS. Big fat zero! Go sit in the corner and face the wall you dunce!!!

2/ The pro-drug-war can ABSOLUTELY use the "think of the children" card because the simple fact that the drug war is a MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR-A-YEAR-BUSINESS, has turned this card into an ace, so they win. TICK. 100 percent perfect! Excellent student! I shall be having a good word with the principal!

Need I say any more?

It's all about the money. Anyone who is stupid enough to think otherwise is...well...stupid enough...

It's like the vegans who play the "think of all the animals" card (I know a particularly nauseating lot on FB, they anthropomorphise everything ("I AM NOT BACON! I AM NOT A SOMETHING! I am a SOMEONE! I have a Mummy and a Daddy and brothers and sisters! I WANT TO LIVE!" over a picture of a cute little piglet).

Now, whilst I'm not vegan on health grounds (in that veganism cuts out 90% of essential nutrition), I don't have a problem with others being vegan, what I DO have a BIG PROBLEM with is groups like this lot using lies, emotional blackmail and propaganda to force their agenda on others - I've dubbed this 'Petanism' because it's like a cult; PETA has gone WAY beyond being an ethical organisation - some of their methods are almost akin to Scientology. I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals - doesn't mean I have to stop eating them, though, does it...?! I'm a member of Compassion In World Farming instead (I used to be a member of PETA, years ago, before all the brainwashing began... Thank fuck I got out when I did, or I'd still be almost a half-tonne Tessie eating tofu! And they're STILL trying to persuade me that eating meat will make me fat and kill me (a 322lb weight loss says otherwise... 30 stone to 7 by eating an 'unhealthy' diet)).

Sorry, I'm venturing off-topic (I'm autistic, it's a very bad habit of mine, I'm afraid); what I'm trying to get round to saying is, just like the pro-birthers (I don't call them 'pro-life', they're NOT pro-life, they're pro-BIRTH; 12-year-old is raped and becomes pregnant and the PBers are chucking metaphorical stones at her for having a termination! Some evil Tea Party bint called her a "evil murdering whore"!

It's the same with vegans - ask 'em what we do with all the livestock which we now can't eat cos we've all capitulated to their brainwashing and emotional blackmail, and we get a load of verbals.

They claim to love 'facts' (but only THEIR definition of 'facts', obviously). Point out to them all the animals that are killed to clear land to grow their soy (and it takes about 10 times more land to grow an acre of plant protein because the body can't assimilate it as well as animal cos we're omnivorous leaning towards carnivorous) and they don't like that; whereas if I kill a cow, I've killed precisely one animal (and I'll eat it; they won't be eating all the animals they've killed, will they...?!).

One of the stupidest - if not THE stupidest - memes done by this FB group is of a stunned looking koala with a leaf hanging out its mouth with the words "YOU DON'T EAT PLANTS...?! Where on EARTH do you get your PROTEIN...?!"

Actually, scratch that - it's the stupidest meme I've seen - EVER, full stop!

Apologies for dragging this a little TOO FAR off-topic!