• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Mutiny Festival cancelled after teen and man, 20, die and third reveller.

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Mutiny Festival cancelled after teen and man, 20, die and third reveller fighting for life amid 'high-strength substance' warning

Daily Mirror
BySophie Evans Dave Burke 14:48, 27 MAY 2018

With reader comments

Georgia Jones, 18, and the 20-year-old man, who both fell ill yesterday and later died, were among 15 people to attend hospital during one night of the festival. music festival attracting thousands of fans has been cancelled following the deaths of an 18-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man. Reveller Georgia Jones, 18, and the man, who has not been named, were among 15 people to attend hospital during one night of the Mutiny Festival. The pair fell ill yesterday before organisers of the Portsmouth-based festival issued a warning of a "high strength or bad batch" of drugs. The second day of the festival - which stars Craig David and Sean Paul were to headline - was cancelled as a "safety precaution". In a tweet today, Sean wrote: "I will not be performing @MutinyFestivals 2nite.

"My heart goes out 2 families of those who lost loved ones last night!". The deaths are being treated as separate incidents and are not being treated as suspicious, but Hampshire Constabulary are investigating. A spokeswoman for Queen Alexandra Hospital, where the pair died, said it is believed they were admitted after falling ill from the effects of drugs. Another person remains in a critical condition. A further 12 concertgoers attended the hospital yesterday after being at the festival, but they were "not necessarily all drugs-related", she said.

Three more attended this morning to be treated from the injuries sustained in assaults or because of alcohol-related intoxication, the spokeswoman added. Last night, after Georgia and the man were taken ill, Mutiny warned that it was "aware of a dangerous high-strength or bad-batch substance on site". It said that no drugs should be taken. Earlier today, the teenager who died was identified as Georgia - as her mum Janine Milburn shared a heartbreaking message about taking drugs. In an emotional Facebook post shared on her daughter's wall, Janine wrote: "Georgia died yesterday due to complications after taking 2 pills at mutiny...

"If nothing else I hope what has happened to her will deter you from taking anything ever. "The pills caused her temperature to rise so high it made her fit for 45 mins.

More...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mutiny-festival-cancelled-two-dead-12605300

Anyone know what is going on with festival drug/pill testing in the UK right now?

I can definatly see issues if she double dropped the 250-300mg pills comming out of the NL right now.