• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

UA PASS OR FAIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spontaneous.virgo

Greenlighter
I took an at home drug test before I have to go UA. The lines on methamphetamine and amphetamine are fairly faint, almost not even there. I’m on county probation, this is my first UA. I’m so nervous, does anyone know wether they would consider this a pass or a fail?

Attachments

• 76C8E035-B1E1-4561-AACE-EDA4D685DCDD.jpeg
    76C8E035-B1E1-4561-AACE-EDA4D685DCDD.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 6
Guy it’s not good.. probation uses better drug tests than those cheap ones... best bet is to just be honest beforehand and tell them you screwed up. The only time I got violated and thrown in jail was because I said I was clean and peed dirty.

Best of luck

Drug testing question s are not allowed; unfortunately I cannot close this myself any more but someone will (f I can report it)

Read the rules please

Drug testing question s are not allowed; unfortunately I cannot close this myself any more but someone will (f I can report it)

Read the rules please

Why even waste the time writing this and not even contribute? Pointless if you ask me. You’re not a mod leave it to someone else

I was a mod until this month, sir. And the discussion is not allowed, that IS the only contribution to be made

Maybe things have changed, but isn't it the case that trying to beat a employment-related drug screen is illegal some places, and has not been legislated upon in others? This is quite aside from the whole normative and moral dimension of course . . . I think there were two states in which selling things to interfere with drug tests is illegal . . . and as far as things being illegal, has the Constitutional question been definitively settled in the US anyways?

In this case, the orignal poster asked about a court-mandated periodic drugs screen, and the poster got the sage advice that they will make things easier for themselves by telling the truth instead of trying to conceal things with respect to a possible stimulant-use relapse, and doesn't wisdom in general help reduce harm? The system does or should know that relapses happen, and what they are wanting to reduce and prevent, in general, is dishonesty of various types, is it not?

Then again, there are urinalyses and other drugs tests done for legitimate medical reasons, like toxicology screens, the baseline and other screens that pain clincs and others do in order to make sure that they are not mixing medications with something incompatible, or there are Mao inhibitors floating around in a patients' system and that patient knows very little about drugs so he or she would have no idea.

For example, what about questions about the pharmacology which may be causing presumptive false positives for oxycodone in poppy seed tea drinkers? It could be either a glucuronide of codeine or a fourth or lower order metabolite of hydromorphone like 14β-hydroxydihydromorphinone or something if one has also been prescribed Dilaudid, Hydal &c as well, and on some occasions, the poppy or organisms associated with it create small amounts of hydromorphone in opium latex. Nothing illegal in that -- it is a straight phamacology question.

Last edited:
I was a mod until this month, sir. And the discussion is not allowed, that IS the only contribution to be made

Good thing you’re not a mod suggesting someone take suboxone 8 hours after their last heroin dose ... that’s about as harmful advice as humanly possible.

In my eyes, in the name of HARM REDUCTION, the entire backbone and soul of blue light, this guy has a UA for court purposes which could greatly impact his life. He turned here for advice and I told him in most cases his best bet would be honesty in light of rolling the dice and lying to someone with the ability to take away his freedom.

Granted not all POs are cool or even give a shit so he could be screwed regardless, but I’ll say this definitely could be harm reduction and maybe he’ll think twice next time
About using meth close to a drug test. Maybe he needed this and now his use will decrease...

Seems pretty relevant to me.

Good thing you’re not a mod suggesting someone take suboxone 8 hours after their last heroin dose ... that’s about as harmful advice as humanly possible.

In my eyes, in the name of HARM REDUCTION, the entire backbone and soul of blue light, this guy has a UA for court purposes which could greatly impact his life. He turned here for advice and I told him in most cases his best bet would be honesty in light of rolling the dice and lying to someone with the ability to take away his freedom.

Granted not all POs are cool or even give a shit so he could be screwed regardless, but I’ll say this definitely could be harm reduction and maybe he’ll think twice next time
About using meth close to a drug test. Maybe he needed this and now his use will decrease...

Seems pretty relevant to me.

Fair enough. There's a few reasons we can't answer these though, aside from not being able to give anything close to a definitive answer, our input might even be the opposite of helpful advice in some cases.

Also, some people are asking for ways to sidestep/break the law which goes a bit far.

I think UAs are fucking bullshit, feel bad for anyone who is subjected to them. There's not much we can do though, other than suggest people avoid drugs when they might be tested, which is obviously not helpful.

I was a mod until this month, sir.
What's your point?

The possibility that someone could be given advice about a drugs test which is inaccurate and accidentally winds up sending things down the road of error, fuckery and injustice is a reason why perhaps we should probably not encourage drugs UA test questions to proliferate if we can help it. . .

OTOH, the other thing of course is, just how illegal is it for people to do things to make a positive less likely like stopping using drugs on a certain date, getting plenty of liquids, and also being cognisant of possible sources of false positives? Probably not as much as evasions like scooping toilet water into the sample or loading up with glutaraldehyde or whatever, but is that illegal all over the place at least in the US or is it a local thing? There is a civil disobedience element to this as well . . .

Sorry but drug screening/ UA discussion is not allowed on the site in any form.

Specifically, you may not:
  1. use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
    1. ask for advice or methods for evading or defeating workplace drug tests;

I'm going to have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.