Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Pioneering Glasgow clinic offers addicts pharmaceutical grade heroin

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Pioneering Glasgow clinic offers addicts pharmaceutical grade heroin
Libby Brooks
The Guardian
November 26th, 2019
Homeless addicts in Glasgow will be provided with pharmaceutical grade heroin to inject themselves with, in a pioneering scheme intended to combat soaring drug deaths and HIV infection rates across the city.

But medical staff expressed their frustration, as they launched the purpose-built enhanced drug treatment facility on Tuesday, that calls for a safe drug consumption room, which they believe could help hundreds more vulnerable addicts, had been blocked by the Home Office.

Glasgow’s Health and Social Care Partnership’s £1.2m facility is based in the city centre, alongside existing homelessness health services. The pilot project is licensed by the Home Office and the first of its kind in Scotland, but the second in the UK after a similar initiative began in Middlesbrough in October. Individuals referred to it will be given a prescription of diamorphine tailored to their requirements, which they must inject on the premises and under strict supervision.

Patients will take their pre-filled syringe from the dispensary counter to a small booth, furnished with a stainless steel counter, a padded chair and a sharps disposal box, which is screened for privacy but has a mirrored back wall to allow nurses to view their progress.

They will spend around 20 minutes in the booth, and then a further 20 minutes in a nearby seating area where they will be monitored in case of overdose. The facility will hold two injecting sessions each day, morning and afternoon, as well providing oral methadone for night-time use.
Read the full story here.

Saw this in the news last week. Good old Glasgae. Does this mean they get 2 free shots a day then or what? The old ones just had “safe spaces” not pharms aswell!!

There's a similar program in Vancouver where they use either hydromorphone or heroin for people who don't respond to methadone.

Good to see a more progressive attitude towards opioid treatment. At the end of the day "why don't you just give the junkies free heroin" may seem like a flippant remark but it makes way more sense than having the "junkies" cauing trouble to get their fix.

Fantastic news for sure!

why don't you just give the junkies free heroin
Well, yeah, I mean, why not indeed. Heroin is cheap and easily mass produced. Oh yeah, because using drugs of any kind is an abhorrent moral failing that must be punished at all costs. Unless those drugs are taxed and deemed OK by the ruling class of course, then it's all fun and games. What a world we live in!

(Just to clarify I know you didn't actually agree with that quote, just felt like venting further about the absurdity of people who say that kind of shit like it's actually somehow a bad idea. ;))

Some variants:

"why don't we just sell cocaine in supermarkets!"
"why don't we just give people free LSD!"
"why don't we provide X drug in an open, honest, and accessible fashion, by regulated organisations not connected to violent criminals"

I'll concede some of these statements need to be taken with a certain nuance, but, why don't we, indeed. Oh yeah, because drug users must be made to suffer.

All prohibitionist arguments eventually can be boiled down to that.

The ruling class values people only by their productivity for the society, and absolutely want it to be measured by the amount of taxes paid... And they don't want to admit mistakes, hence the continuing "war on drugs".

is this true ! what planet is this on
Scotland is a planet all on its own pal!! Go and visit you will see!! The funds and pressure saved by the Scottish NHS each year, seems to be worth it.

However, Scotland is the ultimate reason why gabapentoids are now scheduled drugs in the EU. Plus the benzo use is of the chart!!

Last edited:
Sweden also supply a basic living allowance to all i think. So given free H and free money, the total opposite of the Viking ethos 😂🤣😂🤣.

Here in Australia we also have a basic living allowance.it stops ppl like me from having to follow police and politicians home to murder and Rob them just to keep a roof over my head.it helps keep the crime rate down unlike America.not just that but
bcoz were not a country that makes things/and bcoz of automation there really isn't a job for everyone.where I am an average job will get 1100 ppl applying for it.so there's like 1000ppl looking for a job for every job that comes around.

i suddenly have the urge to be scottish.

what are good places around to move to over there in scottland !?