• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tylenol overdose?? i need information

PandaVii

Bluelighter
has anybody ever overdosed on tylenol? iv taken about 5,000 mgs in 24 hours. about 1,500 at each time. i know thats 1,000 mgs over what the daily amount should be. is it always fatal? like basically did i just fuck myself. am i gonna die? im kinda freaking out. i usually take 1,500 mgs at a time but have never gone over 4,000 mgs in a day before. how fucked am i guys? and is there any way i can detoxify my liver or survive somehow. im having like a legit panic attack over this

If you overuse acetaminophen repeatedly, you could be doing damage your liver. It's not recommended that a person exceed 1,000 mg per dose. N-acetylcysteine can be used to prevent liver failure but the best thing you can do is lower your Tylenol intake. I've seen your other threads- Can you ask your doctor for a different pain reliever?

5 grams is usually not fatal. Spreading it out like that makes your chances better. That being said, if there's a 1 in a 1000 chance that it could cause serious harm or death then it is worthwhile to go to ER immediately for treatment. This is what i would suggest as the symptoms from poisoning take a cluple of days to manifest and by that time it's too late.

Yes, people have died from APAP toxicity, but you won't from this 1 time (or even quite a few). What did you do, eat 15 perc 10s 5 times in a day? Ive done that many times, mixing it with alcohol usually, and I'm here to write this. Be calm, chill, and enjoy your oxy. You'll be fine, I can tell you from experience (but don't eat 5000mg APAP daily/regularly, or you will destroy your liver).

Jeezus christ, not another one!! 8)

Dude, if you even start to feel remotely sick, go to the emergency room NOW!!
There are pills they will give you that counter-act the acetaminophen.

And tell them what (and how much) you took so they can take care of you!!

straight to hospital, APAP ODs don't show symptoms until its too late to do anything
they'll put you on a charcoal drip, maybe overnight like they did in my case

don't feel stupid or ashamed, it happens, you can't change it, deal with what you can NOW.
please let us know how you are

straight to hospital, APAP ODs don't show symptoms until its too late to do anything
they'll put you on a charcoal drip, maybe overnight like they did in my case

don't feel stupid or ashamed, it happens, you can't change it, deal with what you can NOW.
please let us know how you are
This ^^

Go to the ER as soon as possible!