• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Two timing with Subs and BTH

Crandrews

Greenlighter
I’ve gone through all the intake process with an outpatient recovery place and got my sub prescription but for some reason I just can’t let go of the black! This is something I really want to do for myself…it’s quite a hit to my ego to feel like something besides me is calling the shots (no pun intended)…I’ve always just been of the mindset that if you want to do something you just DO it…come hell or high water…but it’s useless in this current situation…what I’d really like to know is what were some of the things you guys did at the beginning of your sobriety that helped you make the jump to the other side and stay there? Or like what types of thoughts helped to keep you from using again? Like I keep thinking about how I’ll be able to travel again, have a career again and not have to worry about everything that comes along with being an addict and attempting these things and I thought those thoughts would help me but their luster seems to have worn off. Please help!

Please help!
I find that aging out of certain things (drugs included) and being mindful of what my actions may have on my loved ones has led the way from being total abuser to user.
There is also options like therapy or the like that may bring to light to what causes us to remain in the vicious loops of addiction.
Not asking you to do anything posted here but maybe take inventory of what would make life more comfortable/reasonable for you.
Best with this ordeal as I know it is not easy breaking habits and coming out of comfort zones.
Peace

Ed:
BTW, welcome to bluelight. :hai:

I find that aging out of certain things (drugs included) and being mindful of what my actions may have on my loved ones has led the way from being total abuser to user.
There is also options like therapy or the like that may bring to light to what causes us to remain in the vicious loops of addiction.
Not asking you to do anything posted here but maybe take inventory of what would make life more comfortable/reasonable for you.
Best with this ordeal as I know it is not easy breaking habits and coming out of comfort zones.
Peace

Ed:
often times when younger folks are like "how did you get out of that crazy total addict behavior?"

The only real answer I have is "get older, don't die in the process. that's what worked for me" ageing out is a very real thing.

Peace

Ed:
Thank you for all of this!