Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Underbelly (AUS)

the amusing twist in this saga is that i could have SWORN that this guy was heath ledger:

underbelly1.jpg

underbelly2.jpg

underbelly3.jpg

although after reading this thread and checking out the cast list at imdb have made an executive decision to lay off the peroxide.

...kytnism...:|

p.s i LOVE this series. it got a little lame toward the end, but id like to see another season be produced.

Not bad, but it's definately been dumbed down for the masses somehow I think. When compared to HBO shows like The Wire or Sopranos, it's an absolute joke. The narration of the show in particular is terrible. It's also interspersed with horrendously cheesy, overly dramatic moments.

It's 100x better than any other Australian show but that isn't saying a lot. Seriously, the amount of absolute shit produced in Oz is embarrasing. Shows like Water Rats, Sea Partol etc. are just awful.

I think it's a good 'first step' for Australian drama. At least it doesn't water down adult themes like sex, drugs, violence and coarse language like every other show. It does fall short of what it could have been. A local version of the Sopranos would have been great but it's not to be unfortunately..

it's not supposed to be like the soparanos, so get over it. i'm from melb and it's pretty spot on to what happened. as you watch it you can see blanks in the show, they dont know what happened and know one does xcept fort he people who were there

AWESOME SHOW
I have just bought the box set DVD and i'm half way through and it is way better than i thought it would be

What an amazingly suprisingly good aussie tv series.

Even if you arent into gangland stuff, the production value and effort that seems to be lacking in other aussie series is definately made up for in underbelly.
The actors are fantastic, the editing is spot on, and the general flow of the series i feel is flawless.
And of course they are going to glamourise what really happened. Its TV!

i ouldn't tell much difference from the TV version to the dwonloaded one and the uncut DVD series.
except quality
anyone notice the differences please list.
I would like to know about some more of the people like side kicks and people that didn't die. I would like to read more about the whole books and movies.
whats everyone recommendations: i getting the carl williams book and deciding on lead belly or underbelly. and advice and info on the books and how they differ from the Tv series

tv: Underbelly

Hey guys im an american who as yet to see this show, Im in the process of burning them to DVD, I just wanted to get your opinions on the show. Please no spoilers though. Also, I hear season 2 is currently airing in OZ? is that correct? what show are they up to at the current time? Thanks!

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But there may be some issues with you being american and possibly not getting some of the colloquialisms and "in-jokes"...? Do you have any knowledge of what the story-line is actually about and the real life events its based on?

The second episode of season 2 premiered last night I believe. I only just watched it for the first time on the Sunday night rerun and holy fuck it's good. One of my high school teachers was in it too.

hey n3ophy7e thats exactly what I was wondering as well, I was hoping that they would use true underworld local slang and what not, and I figured it would be fun(albeit hard) to try and figure it out. Sort of like an Aussie watching Sopranos and maybe not picking up on some things. I was hoping maybe you folks could maybe help me out with some questions (of which im sure I'll have plenty) as I watch the series, I will be starting it tomorrow. Also I do have a brief backround knowedlge about the events that this series depicts, but i will brush up a little more before delving into the series. I also now alot of the Irish underworld in many countires, that is what originally drew me to this show. Well I really hope you folks can help me decode some pharses and whatnot that I may have trouble understanding, it would be very much appreciated. Peace!

wanted to add

I also wanted to ask if there is any slang/situations/terminology that you guys remember seeing that a you could prepare me for ahead of time prior to seeing the shows, so that when i watch i wont be confused. thanks again! and I cant wait to start watching this show, ive heard such good things. Peace!

Hmmm nothing comes to mind immediately (I only just woke up ;) :D) but absolutely fee freel to ask us anything you don't get when you're watching it!!

Enjoy! :)

I didnt realise this was a second season, I thought it was a re run. Obviously i completely missed the first one.

I will admit Im enjoying it despite some attrocious directing and choice of actors to play characters.

The dude playing Robert trimboli is taking a lot of imagination to really believe he is who he is portraying. He just does not come across as a dirty business man italian aussie. Not even close.

And what is with the way they use cigarettes as props............have none of them ever smoked before???

On the good side, there are lots of very well styled breasts.

awesome! thanks for the replies guys. I will ask you if I have any questions. I will be starting the series tonight, I want to be caught up soon, so that when the new shows come out for DL i can be in "the loop" with everyone down under. thanks again! peace

I am moving this over to Film & Television

Whilst I understand the OP has some secondary questions about Australian sub-cultures, it is still largely about a television program.

Impacto, HNIFrank et al sorry if this doesn't fit but I think it will get a better response in F&TV

Cheers

i'm upset with myself for missing the second episode. funny, i had a strong feeling i was missing something but disregarded it! gha!