• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[TV Thread] What's worth watching ATM? v. now it's 2024

Those Dust films are ace. I'm just working my way through them now.
I only post the ones I think other people will enjoy which I guess is massively subjective.

They’ve also started doing a podcast but I’m not into talking books. So I give them a miss.

On the whole though, a lot of the films you’ve seen in the cinema have come from small segments premiered via the likes of Dust and other companies alike.

Dust is mainly sci-fi centred which is why I like it. I still dream of the habitat on Mars with rationed air etc.

Ah, what a life it would be.

Anyone else think the new season of better call Saul needs to pull its finger out a bit. It's quite a slow burning show usually but the last 3 episodes have literally had one or two exciting of interesting scenes in each!

I get that there needs to be scenes that set up further excitement, but when I watch someone standing in a room (or meth lab) pensively thinking for 10 minutes of a 45 minute show, I feel a bit shorted!

Just watched 'The Gentlemen' on Netflix. It's yet another highly entertaining Guy Ritchie film (the cunt that thought it was a good idea to marry that bag of sinews, Madonna - then realised it wasn't) about a bunch of British gangsters.

Well recommended.

Join Barack Obama on a Tour of the Planet’s Greatest National Parks​

AAAAQcArMPi0WGeKtbh-jEB4znafQHAK9urX5qDuhDIR9poqDtFWJXJUl_BnZOZHvBkg2FMV2Sfa1GD4K64B6Q5EVENwRqIA4A2GToiFlLNUMBitOLBYkihD8_2sQ69g82ayUokG9q3RYo3jnQP64P1lLcTR.jpg

im watching that on Netflix....Obama's great he should do all those nature shows from now on

continuing with my current obsession with munchausens am watching afflicted on netflix.

not sure if its worth watching unless you share my fascination with people who either on purpose or subconsciously fake symptoms. though i don't think all of the people on the show are faking but i'm pretty sure they are all exaggerating. love being an armchair dr.

fucking hell, there is a woman on this show taking 55 supplements every day. i just don't understand how these people have people who can bank roll all this while they don't leave their rooms. for a few months while they get sorted yes, but indefinitely.

there's two women who no longer live with their husbands cos they are supposedly too ill to do so, and the husbands are still bankrolling them. watching one guy right now cleaning up after being in her flat a few mns cos apparently HE sets off her symptoms.

the level of entitlement is nuts. possibly not coincidentally, 2 of them got ill when their careers were on the cusp of really taking off. and another when he was a soon to be having to start his career.

eta fucking hell, one of the ladies husbands has spent $2.5 million!!! another one was making her partner gut her beautiful house due to 'mould.'

Last edited by a moderator:
fucking hell, there is a woman on this show taking 55 supplements every day. i just don't understand how these people have people who can bank roll all this while they don't leave their rooms. for a few months while they get sorted yes, but indefinitely.

there's two women who no longer live with their husbands cos they are supposedly too ill to do so, and the husbands are still bankrolling them. watching one guy right now cleaning up after being in her flat a few mns cos apparently HE sets off her symptoms.

the level of entitlement is nuts. possibly not coincidentally, 2 of them got ill when their careers were on the cusp of really taking off. and another when he was a soon to be having to start his career.

eta fucking hell, one of the ladies husbands has spent $2.5 million!!! another one was making her partner gut her beautiful house due to 'mould.'
It sounds like watching that would turn me into one of those nutters that sits in his living room and shouts at his TV in a furious rage, so I think I'd better not watch it.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it on this thread but people were saying that After Life season 3 is very good. I haven't been subscribed to Netflix for quite some time now, but maybe when Better Call Saul's final series is all released and available the price of a months subsribtion will be well worth it just for the pleasure of binge watch both of those seasons. Oh yeah and Stranger Things 4. I can't wait for that. It's one of the best TV series I've seen for several years.

It's not that I'm a total scrooge about spending £11 or whatever it is now for a month of Netflix, it's more that I've much preffered watching You Tube type content for maybe the last year or so. There are many reasons for this, and from what I gather this is a growing trend and I'm relatively late on to it, but I can defintely see why this is happening.

Who the fuck is that Obama hillybilly?

We got Sir David Attenborough innit.

It isn't a nature documentary unless it's him doing the narration.

Sir David is the best - nobody's better than him....

but O-BAM-A?

he's really good - i hope he keeps doing them

It sounds like watching that would turn me into one of those nutters that sits in his living room and shouts at his TV in a furious rage, so I think I'd better not watch it.
i just find it fascinating. i don't think the people in the show are purposely faking (at least not all of them), unlike the people i've been learning about elsewhere. it is just odd that all the people are middle class enough to have this bankrolled.

like i can sorta see the throwing your life away to be mentally ill cos i did it with drugs, losing a fucking awesome job and generally pretty good life. and i acted like an entitled cunt cos of it though not to the level these guys did. but at least with drugs it was occasionally fun. being ill and having loads of unnecessary treatments is never gonna give you the same rush as a speedball.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it on this thread but people were saying that After Life season 3 is very good. I haven't been subscribed to Netflix for quite some time now, but maybe when Better Call Saul's final series is all released and available the price of a months subsribtion will be well worth it just for the pleasure of binge watch both of those seasons. Oh yeah and Stranger Things 4. I can't wait for that. It's one of the best TV series I've seen for several years.

It's not that I'm a total scrooge about spending £11 or whatever it is now for a month of Netflix, it's more that I've much preffered watching You Tube type content for maybe the last year or so. There are many reasons for this, and from what I gather this is a growing trend and I'm relatively late on to it, but I can defintely see why this is happening.
i don't pay for netflix and wouldn't. if they crack down on account sharing i will start paying for disney plus.

i haven't seen after life. will have to check it out. saw the first 2 series of stranger things, but my boyf refuses to watch it. right now he's humouring me by watching series 5 of the last kingdom so i shouldn't push my luck.

I liked the Last KIngdom, from what I have seen so far, some great story lines, battle scenes and characters. It's good easy watching entertainment. That's another reason for me to get back on Netflix for another season of that series.

I liked the Last KIngdom, from what I have seen so far, some great story lines, battle scenes and characters. It's good easy watching entertainment. That's another reason for me to get back on Netflix for another season of that series.
i think your strategy of saving up a few things you actively wanna watch then paying for a short time is the way forward.

a lot of the men in the last kingdom are definitely my type which also helps. plus we get loads of nicknames for our cats, like wofflestan son of wofflestan, though they haven't outgrown the names htey got from medici yet, i think wolfgango de minci and maxwellio di pazzi might stick.

Not on TV, but on YouTube, another offering from Dust. I liked it anyways. Makes me think in ~100 years time what life might be like.

Also reminds me a little of the film Equilibrium.

Some good segues in my weed propelled bubble of fantasy TV and cinema today. I had already started a summer Star Wars tip with Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace on May 4th in anticipation of the release of the new TV show Obi - Wan Kenobi, resulting in my watching the film and TV materials in chronological order as opposed to the more popular, release order (original trilogy first followed by the prequel trilogy and associated anthology pieces). I began this morning with Eps 3 & 4 (Parts III & IV) of Obi Wan before going onto watching Ron Howard's Solo - a Star Wars Story in Bly - Ray 3D - the next film chronologically in my current Star Wars run and one I have only seen twice before over the past few years.

Fun and hijinx were had with the Star Wars film so, still in the mood but ready to change the flavour, morning ending I decided to indulge in a Saturday afternoon epic, and feeling in the mood for a historical piece, I decided to go back to basics and select the beautiful 1080p Blu - Ray of Mel Gibsons Braveheart. Here some screenshots.I do not know if they have done a UHD transfer yet.
1805_8.jpg

1805_9.jpg

1805_7.jpg

It was only during the middle of the film that I remembered a film that I had forgotten had existed. I am big fan of streaming services and some of the brand new content, both theatrical and television pieces that they have and continue to come out with. Think of The Boys. Think of Ozark. Even if the business models of some of these services have had it they have provided the home cinema with some of the best content over the past 5 years. In the middle of all of this I found a new film by David Mackenzie. that was doing the rounds on the festival circuits being promoted by Netflix as its next big IP, an unofficial sequel to BraveHeart that chronicles the exploits of Robert the Bruce (Chris Pine). It also caught my eye on release as I had just fallen in love with Florence Pugh in The Little Drummer Girl, one of the best dramas the BBC has made in decades and she had been cast as Pine's co star in this film - Outlaw / King....

I am just giving it a second whirl, the first time I have watched it since its release in 2018 and while by the numbers its holding up pretty well 100 minutes in with 50 to go. Its not as epic as Braveheart, nor looks as good but the simplicity and functionalism of the production design gives the whole thing a nice clean vibe that trancends the shitty quality of the average 1080p Netflix / Amazon Prime stream (which is why I prefer to own films on Blu - Ray)

Sorry to include both TV and film comments but should this kind of thing continue it would get more streamlined.

Last edited:
I'd highly recommend 'Dark' (on Netflix)

Just be warned, it's a headfuck.

If you're pissed and stoned then you may easily lose the plot.