⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV Shows with the most Staying Power?

RE Hulu:
They have Alf, Married...With Children, and The Outer Limits. I just came.

Thanks for the link!

AmorRoark said:
^ I don't know if you watch TV online but Hulu has 22 of their episodes. Free and legal. :) Hopefully you can use it in Australia... I'm not sure if you can. :\

http://www.hulu.com/king-of-the-hill

thank you, my beautiful friend, but no worky outside the states :(

thanks for the reminder bel, married with children was the best sitcom for a long while

nobody wants to mention the simpsons or friends? simpsonians going on what, almost 20 years? friends went 10.

and what about kiddie shows? sorry, i'm a mom and have to watch some of that stuff... sesame street? there are still some of the original actors on there after 30 years!

The Simpsons?, no way.

Sorry, but that should have finished a long time ago. Every last drop of goodness has been thoroughly squeezed out.

Friends got stale towards the end too.

faris said:
nobody wants to mention the simpsons or friends? simpsonians going on what, almost 20 years? friends went 10.

and what about kiddie shows? sorry, i'm a mom and have to watch some of that stuff... sesame street? there are still some of the original actors on there after 30 years!

Good call on sesame street.

faris said:
nobody wants to mention the simpsons or friends? simpsonians going on what, almost 20 years?

I've probably seen every episode of the Simpsons. I might not remember them all but I've seen every one at least once.
From about 1991 through to 1997, The Simpsons could do no wrong. Some of the best comedy ever put on television.
Then the show started losing the plot. They started fucking with many of the fundamentals. Started doing really insane stuff with no regard to continuity. In the early 2000's, it got so bad I came very close to quitting the show altogether.
I remember back around 1997, getting into an intense arguement with someone who said that South Park was funnier than The Simpsons. Lets just say I would not debate that anymore.
Simpsons have slowly started to make a comeback in the last couple of seasons but it still a shadow of what it used to be.

I'd like to say Scrubs, merely because its my favourite show. But Seven series isn't exactly staying power knowing that this is going to be the last one.

Scrubs is awful. I don't think I've ever laughed while watching it.

Simpsons would normally be on this list if not for "the Dark Years" pretty much starting around season 10 and continuing to present day. I hear they have improved a bit during the last few seasons but I stopped paying attention a long time ago. :(

I would describe Scrubs' humor as "cute" rather than "laugh out loud" funny. Its good enough for me to not change the channel when its on but not good enough for me to make a habit of watching it.

Your right about Scrubs its not laugh out loud funny, but almost everynite without fail I fall asleep watching an episode

i like about the first 4-5 seasons of scrubs. really quit watching after heather graham started becoming regular. i went out and bought all the DVD sets i could find at the time and watched them very often. now when the reruns come on i can't be bothered....like right now, it's on in the other room but i don't even want to watch it.

first couple seasons were really, really funny tho.

Oz went on for something like 6 seasons.. could have gone for longer too i think.

heather graham was only in it for a handful of episodes.. Series four i believe. I was a huge fan when Heather Locklier was a special guest. Although I was just a huge fan of her :D

scrubs and curb your enthusiasm both make me cringe. simpson's lost their charm nearly a decade ago. futurama might as well be thrown in with family guy. both shows suck huge nuts.

you can't name a show "with staying power" and then say "before it got bad." that defeats the entire thread's purpose.

cheers was consistently great and lasted a very long time. sesame street continues to live on generation after generation (not simply measured in years like other shows). southpark and daily show are pretty long lasting. as somebody else said - daily show is the source of most new talent, not SNL.

Let me also mention MadTV--while I don't think it's as funny as it was during its first few seasons, I still think it's funnier *on average* than SNL.

All In The Family

Family Guy (minus one God-awful season)

South Park

The Sopranos

Moonlighting

Cheers

Taxi

Frasier

Simpsons in the 90's

and mark my words on this one:

THE SARAH SILVERMAN PROGRAM