• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Late Night Television

Sideways_Falling

Bluelight Crew
What late night television shows do you watch?

I like to go from Letterman to Conan to Kimmel.

Dave>Jay

Conan>late late show

Kimmel>Carson Daily.

and of course Johnny Carson is the original!!

Late night talk shows beat the hell out of syndications.

Well what do you watch late at night?

Late at night I watch a lot of Conan. If it's too late for that either something random on PBS, nGAS, a movie on AMC, or I pop in a TV Show DVD. :)

I watch a lot of MTV, but they just replay the same few shows over and over.. so I start with MTV and if its a rerun (it usually is) then I'll start flipping channels. I usually catch some of either The Tonight Show or Conan... and then I usually end up watching reruns of stuff like Law & Order or ER or Roseanne lol. Whatever is on :)

And if there's REALLY nothing interesting on then I pop in a TV show DVD.

i tape the syndicated simpsons and seinfeld episodes that come on during the day and watch them late night.

Re: late night...

Originally posted by Sideways_Falling
I enjoy the late night television on cinemax and showtime.%) ;)

lol. You seem like a Red Shoe Diaries kind of guy. :D

I watch Family Guy re-runs followed by Conan, IMO he is by far the best late night talk show host out there right now.

i just watch dvds, dvds, and more dvds. if i'm feeling like thinking i'll watch a film, otherwise it's seinfeld/simpsons/futurama for easy laughs. although i am quite partial to a bit of letterman and meet the press too.

peanutbutterNpaisley said:
I watch Family Guy re-runs followed by Conan, IMO he is by far the best late night talk show host out there right now.
Conan does put on a very good show! I sort of wish he would be taking over for Letterman and not Leno. I loathe Leno.

Conan is god. I start out with simpsons or the daily show (10), seinfeld (10:30), then maybe frazier or whatever's on comedy central (11-12), then conan.

Originally posted by Sideways_Falling
Conan does put on a very good show! I sort of wish he would be taking over for Letterman and not Leno. I loathe Leno.

How does this make any sense? You don't like Leno, yet you want Conan to replace Letterman, effectively taking him off the air? Wouldn't you want that to happen to Leno? :D

Anyway, as far as my late night programming, I'm usually getting home too late to really watch the Daily Show or Conan, so if I even feel like turning on the TV (which is usually rare), I'll watch Adult Swim for a while...there are usually plenty of cheap laughs to be had watching that channel.

Letterman is king, and, at the risk of being unpopular, I find Conan's humor to be repetitive and annoying. His asides to the camera were funny when he used to do it every once in a while but now it's every five minutes. BUT he usually gets the better guests, so sometimes I'll watch him for interviews. And depending on the day's news, Nightline is also good.

I tend to agree with others that DVDs are the way to go. No commericals, pause and rewind, etc. E! also has SNL re-runs on late night, which presents yet another option, and then there's the Daily Show, which has been the most consistently funny thing on.

Finder said:
How does this make any sense? You don't like Leno, yet you want Conan to replace Letterman, effectively taking him off the air? Wouldn't you want that to happen to Leno?

I guess I should have said "taking over for letterman AFTER he decides to retire for the late show" although I think you knew what I meant :p.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when conan and letterman are on at the same time... :(