⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Is southpark getting stupider?

Yes.
Parker and Stone stopped caring after the made team america, they said so themselves.

Has South Park gotten stupider, or has the culture they portray on TV simply become more retarded?

I haven't seen enough to comment, but the few eps I have seen, show a show with its roots in the political, sociological and cultural core of America.

yeah i thought the season opened up great but the last 2 or 3 episodes i didnt even laugh

It's become fucking lame.

If you like this kind of humor, I guess it's right up your alley. You know who you are. The ones that laugh if someone says penis.

OMG!! They said penis!!! Thats liek sooo funni!!!111 lolololololol

^Yes. Penis is just an awesome word.

I actually just finished this last episode (Superfun Land) and it was just too fucking goofy. It had some OK parts, but not up to par with some of their more recent stuff. The rest of this last season had solid episodes more often than not. I think liberals stopped watching after their material skewed a little conservative. I still think that a lot of people really don't get the show, me being one of them. That's one of the reasons I keep watching.

Last edited:
panic_the_digital said:
How can I not be sure?
The premise alone is fucking gold, and where they go with it is perfect. It can easily join the ranks of Woodland Critter Christmas and Scott Tenerman Must Die. All of you haters obviously haven't been watching. Or you no longer have a sense of humor:p

are you... HIV positive?

I think calling their most recent stuff "lame" is a rather heavy judgment. Especially when taking into consideration the comparisons to the later Simpsons series episodes already mentioned, the Simpsons weren't as consistently funny (IMO) by their 12th season as South Park is currently (and I am a capital Simpsons nerd, always have been).

I think, for going into their 12th season, they're doing a fantastic job.

And yes, I am HIV positive on this one. ;)

Why is everyone being so HIV negative?

Every episode of this season has been funny. SuperFun Land was hillarious...

MaxPowers said:
It's become fucking lame.

If you like this kind of humor, I guess it's right up your alley. You know who you are. The ones that laugh if someone says penis.

OMG!! They said penis!!! Thats liek sooo funni!!!111 lolololololol

Your being HIV negative, MaxPowers =D

No. South Park rules. It's my favorite cartoon on television. It's as good, if not better than it used to be. :p

2c-buoyant said:
I think calling their most recent stuff "lame" is a rather heavy judgment. Especially when taking into consideration the comparisons to the later Simpsons series episodes already mentioned, the Simpsons weren't as consistently funny (IMO) by their 12th season as South Park is currently (and I am a capital Simpsons nerd, always have been).

I think, for going into their 12th season, they're doing a fantastic job.

And yes, I am HIV positive on this one. ;)

Why is everyone being so HIV negative?

I couldn't agree more.

I'm also a HUGE Simpsons fan and it was a sad day when the show had gotten bad enough for me to not be able to watch it any more. :(

i still plan my wednesday nights so that im finishing up a tasty dinner and firing up the second bowl when the new episodes come on.
not every episode can be the tourettes episode, but i think they do a great job and i laugh my ass off every time.

Finder said:
I couldn't agree more.

I'm also a HUGE Simpsons fan and it was a sad day when the show had gotten bad enough for me to not be able to watch it any more. :(

OMG I remember that so well!

I it might seem sad, but I was youngster at the time, and having to grapple with the reality that I wouldn't be able to look forward to Sunday nights anymore really fucking blew (especially when you consider the following day meant back to school for your ass). I had one buddy in HS, we'd analyze and quote and take apart every episode, citing practically every specific detail for the lulz to kill time during class.

I wasn't even out of high school before our discussions were reduced to "back in the day" type of talk. ;)

We need a support forum on here for old Simpsons junkies, desperately clinging to their 10 seasons of solid gold.

some of the more recent simpsons have actually been kinda watchable. definitely not as good as south park, but I've had a few laughs.

Comparing the old episodes to the new episodes is not right. Early on South Park caught attention for the "shock humor" and over the years they began to move toward current events. I think it is a typical process for animated TV shows, I mean there is only so much material in a small Colorado town for them to work with (Arlen, Springfield, etc.). IMO the comedy has taken an intellectual turn, the humor is less shocking than it once was so the creators must dig deeper to construct plots. They have always targeted celebrities, from Barbara Streisand in season 1, to Jennifer Lopez in season 6 to Britney Spears in season 12.

Yes the show has changed- every show changes and South Park has thoroughly dominated and made fun of everything I can think of. I challenge anyone to think of a type of person that has not been satirized on that show. Even when Isaac Hayes threatened to leave the show for the scientology controversy, they let FUCKING CHEF walk away from the show after refusing to pull the episode. Best believe this was not the first effort to have a South Park episode removed from the air. This demonstrates Matt & Trey's commitment to South Park.

I personally have loved South Park since it first came out. It's a true classic- to those who dislike it and degrade the show's humor or attack the shows intelligence- what the hell show is better than SP? Alternatives please?

At least give me a chance to hate on your inferior show for you hating the best show on Earth.

i think the internet episode was amazing, you guys prob dont because you wouldent know what to do if it suddenly didnt work.

toa$t said:
some of the more recent simpsons have actually been kinda watchable. definitely not as good as south park, but I've had a few laughs.

Actualy Id have to say that I like the Simpons more than Southpark..........mmmm maybe its a tie. But, I love love love the early simpsons like when Homer losses Magie and calls the lost baby hot line, also when he gets prescribed weed is a clasic one too.

I just think the show sucks after Issac Hayes quit. Chef was the shit. %)

Think about it like this. A show like Family Guy has ten zillion different ghost writers. South Park on the other hand, hasn't used outside writers since around 2002. If you think about how many episodes Trey Parker has written single-handedly, it's an astonishing acomplishment. It's really amazing South Park stayed as good as it has for this long.
If they wanted to go the Family Guy route and be just pointless surrealism, they could do that until the cows home. In fact, the first couple years, the show was all about pointless surrealism. But these days, they try to have something resembling a message or a theme each show. Which makes it a bit more challenging.