• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Is southpark getting stupider?

thugpassion

Bluelighter
Is south park getting lamer and lamer? latley they really seem to be streaching far for ideas. Some of the shows like manbearpig and the one about lice sucked. The one about guitar hero and world of warcraft were funny, but I think southpark has grown in to absudedness sometimes unbearable. They need to get back to shows like on the first seasons and stop making shit that so off the wall and random. Watch em all here for free>http://www.southparkstudios.com/

that last episode about the internet was balls. I thought some of them this season have been pretty good though. the cat pee one had several moments.

^yeah, the cat pee "major boobage" episode was fucking awsome...........forgotabout that one(cartman hiding all the cats in his attic like ann frank was fuckin great). But the great ones seem few and far between now.

Yes, south park is really getting godawful. The major boobage episode was one of their best but all the others this season range from below average to worst in the series (Matt and Trey need to be dragged into the street and beaten for the britney spears episode). I think it's time to call it quits before they get like the simpsons.

i thought there were a bunch of good ones last season. cartman sucks butters's dick was good, the lesbian/300 one was hilarious, imaginationland was a great premise (but dragged on too long for sure). definitely not in its season 6,7,8 awesome-o-ness

This weeks was shit. Absolute dog crap. Fucking lame.

(Matt and Trey need to be dragged into the street and beaten for the britney spears episode)
I actually enjoyed that episode. The 'Britney Watch' reports were fckn hilarious, the chants they did in latin, the rip off of Britney's VMA performance, it was pretty good.

don't agree

south park has been more consistently hilarious and for a longer run than all other sitcoms (animated or not)

aqhf is good
lots of stuff is good

but nothing has been consistently good for 12 seasons.

I think south park finally jumped the shark with the imaginationland thing. It should have been made into a movie and as an end to the series.

South Park has been getting better since it started.

I can't stand watching the older stuff.

It hit a peak in Season 10. And from what I have seen of Season 11, it is still on par.

If your reasoning for disliking the newer stuff is the "absurd" nature of the plots, then I guess that's where we hit a point of difference.

The more absurd the better, I say. They are still on point with the satire.

I love absurd and random. I'm a ATHF fan for fucks sake lol. It's just the new episodes are misfiring badly. theres a good way to do absurd, like the heavy metal episode. and then there's a bad way. Like the internet episode.

I've been enjoying this season so far, to be honest, and while the episodes may not be quite as strong as some of their older material, I still find them to be enjoyable, in fact last season featured some unbelievably hilarious episodes (Lezbo, Night of the Living Homeless). I think saying it is "godawful" is more than a bit of a stretch.

threelibras99 said:
Yes. I stopped watching that show a looong time ago.

That's too bad because you've missed some classic episodes.

toa$t said:
are you sure about that?

How can I not be sure?
The premise alone is fucking gold, and where they go with it is perfect. It can easily join the ranks of Woodland Critter Christmas and Scott Tenerman Must Die. All of you haters obviously haven't been watching. Or you no longer have a sense of humor:p