• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Turning laudanum into a smokeable form, and best tool to use

Harmredux

Bluelighter
Legitimate pharmacy grade opium tincture 100 mL contains 1g morphine which is equivalent of 10 g of Powdered Opium, USP), alcohol, 19%, and water.

The alkaloid "narcotine" is removed to help with nausea, otherwise I assume we are dealing with mostly morphine, and possibly some codeine and assorted other alkaloids.

Least wasteful is objective.
Previously, dehydration directly on foil is something not easy to use, zero experience chasing dragon's.

I was thinking the only other thing that makes sense without purchasing a fancy tool (which is useless otherwise because I don't smoke weed) is a glass pipe with bulb, and to add tincture to bulb and keep it in very low humidity until liquid evaporates, and then gently heat in the glass bulb I evaporated it in.

Usual method is holding 100ml sublingual and then drinking another 100ml.

Any other ideas? If I go to a smoke shop, what is the name of those glass bulbs (I think people might use them for meth, but I am thinking that I do NOT want just a glass stem like people use for crack.) I don't want to walk in and ask to see an assortment of their finest meth pipes, lol.

Any other ideas? If I go to a smoke shop, what is the name of those glass bulbs (I think people might use them for meth, but I am thinking that I do NOT want just a glass stem like people use for crack.) I don't want to walk in and ask to see an assortment of their finest meth pipes, lol.
They most commonly are referred to as "oil burners", at least where I'm from.

Would definitely not recommend doing this.

I recently grew poppies and had a good quantity of opium. Even after refining it, it takes a very significant quantity of material to produce a satisfying effect. Like half a gram. Which takes a long to time to smoke. When people used to smoke opium they would do so over a very extended period of time (hours). This is why the pipes were often designed to be used in a reclined position, as smoking sessions would occur over many hours.

Its doesn't have a pronounced rush, even with massive hits. It is a cumulative effect. When i first tried smoking it (with an oil burner) I didn't feel much of anything the first few minutes and thought the opium I grew sucked. Eventually after 10 minutes I started scratching my face and realized I'm starting to get high. After I stopped smoking it the effect continued to grow. Note that the opium I grew didn't suck, it is in fact quite strong (stronger than anything you'll get from an outdoor grown poppy).

This would be almost impossible to do using the method you described. You would have to first fully evaporate the solution, but that would probably yield a powder and not an opium-like resin.

I forget exactly but I think you prepare Paregoric for a shot by boiling it down some so the alcohol boils off and the camphor precipitates out. To make it smokeable, you would then evaporate what you had left. Don't know how strong or effective it would be.

Edit: Paregoric, not Laudanum. Laudanum does not contain camphor and is much stronger than Paregoric.

Last edited:
Would definitely not recommend doing this.

I recently grew poppies and had a good quantity of opium. Even after refining it, it takes a very significant quantity of material to produce a satisfying effect. Like half a gram. Which takes a long to time to smoke. When people used to smoke opium they would do so over a very extended period of time (hours). This is why the pipes were often designed to be used in a reclined position, as smoking sessions would occur over many hours.

Its doesn't have a pronounced rush, even with massive hits. It is a cumulative effect. When i first tried smoking it (with an oil burner) I didn't feel much of anything the first few minutes and thought the opium I grew sucked. Eventually after 10 minutes I started scratching my face and realized I'm starting to get high. After I stopped smoking it the effect continued to grow. Note that the opium I grew didn't suck, it is in fact quite strong (stronger than anything you'll get from an outdoor grown poppy).

This would be almost impossible to do using the method you described. You would have to first fully evaporate the solution, but that would probably yield a powder and not an opium-like resin.
I was thinking , even with quite a tolerance I could coat a cigarette in the latex and get a decent buzz, didn’t take a whole lot, but I also was very impatient and was leaving on vacation so I scored my poppy’s only a couple days after the pedals dropped not the week or two that’s recommended, I wonder if you get more by waiting but the earlier harvested stuff is more potent ? Dunno I’ll have to experiment with it in my next grow

This is a good Drug Culture thread. Careful we don't get too heavy into synthesis.

BDD to DC

I was thinking , even with quite a tolerance I could coat a cigarette in the latex and get a decent buzz, didn’t take a whole lot, but I also was very impatient and was leaving on vacation so I scored my poppy’s only a couple days after the pedals dropped not the week or two that’s recommended, I wonder if you get more by waiting but the earlier harvested stuff is more potent ? Dunno I’ll have to experiment with it in my next grow

There just isn't enough morphine in it for a strong effect. Average of 8-12% for an outdoor plant. So if you coat say 150mg that is only 15mg, and open flame will destroy much of it.

Peak morphine in the latex occurs around 30 days after petals fall off.

Last edited:
I’ll play around with harvesting time, I wonder is UV increased morphine production any ? Or maybe is a response to keep bugs away

There just isn't enough morphine in it for a strong effect. Average of 8-12% for an outdoor plant. So if you coat say 150mg that is only 15mg, and open flame will destroy much of it.

Peak morphine in the latex occurs around 30 days after petals fall off.
you are right and for sure should never grown them again :)

you know way to much about this negrogesic :)

you are right and for sure should never grown them again :)

you know way to much about this negrogesic :)

Well I read absolutely everything I could find on the subject of growing poppies, from random blogs and decade old shroomery and reddit posts to scientific literature from the 1950s (and onwards).

there is a lot of info out there on them.

I dived into it a few years ago out of interest but the caterpillars/opium pickers in tassie and my experiences in tassie kind of scared me away.

she's got some hooks in her thats for sure.

I dunno how this is supposed to work. If you want to make opium smokeable you need to start with the unprocessed resin, not a tincture where it's already dissolved in ethanol.

Thanks guys. It's the oddest thing I have ever been scripted. Literally changes with the season, I don't know how long it takes to get from field to pharmacy, but after years and years I can say that although the morphine content must be standardized, certain times of year (summer here) 657-9800 it sucks, and other times it works great and has a host of other properties from itching to straight up visuals. I have a lot of experience with this.
This probably isn't the best place to ask this but I feel like I am going crazy and the people that answered this seem smart. I have such awful I somnia,I get borderline psychosis. Like days without sleep. General drug forum?
Last 2 days got less than an hour sleep in sometimes it goes 5 days. I don't change my habits and don't use stimulants at all. It's hell. Was going to ask about those new orexin inhibitors. Literally out of my mind right now and don't want to stare at this screen any more and get blue light in my eyes.
What forum you think is best to bring it up?
It's one of the worst things in my life and even scripted ghb (xyrem) doesn't do anything except make me dizzy and puke. This is on part with bad WD as far as misery goes.