• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying to kick oxy

Just wanted to pop in and say you're doing awesome! Opiate withdrawal is no walk in the park.
I will say be VERY wary of kratom. I have an old thread from the last time I quit and then relapsed. I have a new thread/journal going on how it's been going this time. It's definitely not the same as a standard opiate kick, but it has its own demons. It is a great tool when used with caution, care, and self control. I however, had none of that. Kratom would definitely help you! Just do plenty of research before plunging into that option, because it can get its claws into you pretty quickly.
Keep up the awesome work and keep us updated :)

Well I just wrote a hole goat thing about myself and my using and how long . But now I'm irritated that it got erased some how. Long story shot. I've experimenting with for for about 3 years from 21-24 taking a lil but more by 24. Nbut half way through my year of 24. I made realy good money for my age. And had a lot going for me. Staring popping a norco here and there not ever day. Got hooked and moved up to oxy20mg IR . Than Moved up to snorting thosr oxy when I found out that realy the only ingredient remains is oxycodone. Than taking oxy and hydro Together. 10mg oxy 10-20mg hydrocodone twice daily sound 07/17 than coming home and have a beer .5 mg of xanax sometimes. beer in and good time it's time for one mor 10mg snort butnotthan snorting another line of oxy and drinking are so beers and smoking some cigs. and bbqing. Good times. But eventually I have been waking up like shut every single day with diaries irritable and just happy my gf isn't living with me yet to see that part of me. All I needed to just start my day is by popping a couple mabe few pills And that's all I was thinking about all the time getting ready for work. Than always had worried Where am I gonna get money or who is on deck. Or if I could steal some from my family. Starting missing family events to score some pills. And that's when it realy hit me and I finally told My gf of a 1yr6mo (at that time) I have one secret from you and im not proud of and I know the only way I could quite is to tell somebody I love,trust, and knowing her she's is very religious to the "T" well almost. And that I know she loves me and will be there for me no matter what. Even though I brake her heart and she thinks I only like our relation ship when I'm high. You make me happy no matter what Nd I'm a happy you accepting my secret. The most to finally let out my secret and now you have to change. I tried a taper once a 2 months taper. I only made it down to 3 hydrocodone 10mg a day. And got stuck there. got laid off and took a while to get back on my feet and causing a lot of arguments with my blessing girlfriend. Got extra high in the mean time because I was depressed. By it found 3 jobs In 3 days. And scored a good job. Got to better offer in the next month one was $2 more an hour and 25 mins closer to home. Just scared to leave a good job and burn a bridge or take the one close to home for more cash. So job hopong mDr me broke. Somebody needs a place to sleep eat and call home. I decided enough was enough. I'm feeling guilty for wasting money on thes pills that I just need more and more to make it work. So I know a guy who sells some suboxone. Did a lot of research before hand. Decided to get four 8/2 strips to start. And first morning with withdrawals I took half 4/1mg and witchin an hour I felt so much better. Like normal.. I was shocked. And not even a craving for pills. Didn't cross my mind at all other than the fact that I can't remember the last time I didn't take a pill. So I'm 4 days off opiates. And I've tapers down from 4/1 mg of suboxone twice a day every 10-13 hours. To now a 1/4 strip for 9-10 hours than another 1/4 strip in the evening 1 hour before. I only have 3/4 of a strip left till I pick more up tomamrow. I know I will get through the day fine. And sleep know worries.

I'm basically using suboxone to get past the hardest part of opiate withdrawls so I don't miss work. The first 5 days. I'm gonna go 6-7 days just to be safe and taper to no suboxone by that day 6 or 7. Also what I think is so crazy is I have no craving for pills at all. Not once so ever. I've been to my parents hous 3 times since than and realized when I left there house, that pills didn't cross my mind at all while I was there. Seriously its a miricle so far. I've read horror stories about and that people are using subs for 1,2,3+ Years I just don't understand trad one addiction to another. So ya. 6-7 days I'll be a week clean off opiates and quite suboxone. I'm expecting to feel slight withdrawals ,but you gotta pay to play. Just thank the lord for creating humans that can create a drug/detox to help you get through them the bad withdrawal stagesget out of this awful life style

Btw I have been taking XANAX Bars. .5m in the morning that's usually the worst part of my day. And I carry a .5 mg with me if I go out just in case anxiety comes. Usually doesn't.. I'm also not trying to get hooked on xanax either. I just want to live life clean and smoke a lil weed and drink a lil beer. So by 6-7 Days i quit suboxone hoping I clear the hard partnof opiate withdrawal. I'm just expect slight accute withdrawals and if nothing, that's amazzing. Cold turkey sucks for up to 8 days like you have the worst flue. Tapering down takes a lot of will power, time, Money to keep up with your addiction. And if a friend or family is holding your stash to keep it from you that they remind you that there's only 2 doses left For so you can makes sure to re up in time.

I'm also hoping I dont create a dependence and get withdrawals from suboxone for 6-7 days worth tapering down every day to just a 1/4 a day.g Anyways message me if you've thought about the same thing. Ot want to talk. Wish me luck kickg this

Hey Vic!! Sounds like last post you were doing good how's it going are you still hanging in there does the subs work out

I stopped for a few months. Thought I could handle a few here and there and now back to 100-180 mg per day. But I haven?t been on that amount for long, a few weeks so going to hit the subs again for a week or so, re-up on gabapentin and adderall and quit for good. Adds & gabapentin make for an entirely, pretty much painless withdrawal. I have cholodine and attivan to help too. This will be my last time, says many of us, but I?m ready and boy when I?m ready to do anything, positive or negative I sure can do it. So here?s to staying positive. For those who are beating their demons keep up the great work. I?m a firm believer in choices. As one who may be predispositioned and have my fair share of life impacting tragedy, I still believe it?s a choice. Us human beings are remarkable creatures. Stay strong everyone. Life is precious. Enjoy every day.

Damn Vic felt like I was reading my own story. Have you ever tried any type of rehab and recovery? I had a horrible pill problem for many years and also had a good job that allowed me to pay for it. To make a long story short I went to rehab for 17 days where they gave me a 5 day sub taper and I didn?t have any WD to even speak of. The point is to get help. I thought I could do it myself and tried every possible way. Subs from the street, taper off (always just took all my taper supply at once) just drinking, marijuana maintence plan, etc... Nothing worked but going away and working on myself. It?s scary as fuck but getting away for a few weeks and just working on my recovery was The ONLY thing that ever got me to stop. The problem isn?t the drugs it?s us. Man I feel for you and it?s not what I wanted to do but getting help was the only thing that ever worked.

Hang in there - just keep reminding yourself how good it will be to get this monkey off your back!