• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trying to kick oxy

Vicvinegar77

Greenlighter
I'm 17 hours without oxy. I can get more, buy off the street...I make good $$$ but going through $150-$200 per day $ per mg price so usage is yes 150mg-200mg per day. I have 5 suboxone which I've tried before to just use or keep off oxy for a bit but go back. It's been 6 months of this usage and before off and on get clean, go through withdrawal etc repeat. I'm ready to get clean and wide and I r planning a vacation in two weeks and don't want to be a slug. I don't know if I can get more subs. I have gabapentin which helped in past but sorta abused those too. Help!!

Plus I just got a new boss work is mentally demanding as I'm an upper level manager and can't just close my door and wait out 10 hours and leave which I've done before to kick and after 7 days I start feeling like my old self. Time just goes by so slowly. I also have chlonodine and only like 4 kpins. I've been taking large doses of gabapentin starting last night and will continue. Also have like 3 serequil pills which I never really take just a sliver last night and slept ok. Last pill was 3:00 yesterday. I know the next few days will b tough. Not sure if I should go sub route or not. I've read plans, Roberts plan which I don't have enough subs. I know his plan is to get your life in order and then quit but I really don't want to draw it out either. I really don't recall the sub route being all that bad just the anxiety is what I remember and of course no energy. That's what sucks the life out of me is the no energy and no sleep. I've been a member for a while now and have read many stories like mine and just looking for support. Wife helped me two times get clean and can't ask for her to help again as I don't want to jeapordize our marriage. She would be home as she has summers off which is good and bad. I have a busy two weeks and probably not the best week to quit but when is it? Following two weeks vaca, then a few weeks later in September my 40th. Who wants to be a slug during those times. I guess I'm just looking for support. I'm not even 24 hours and ok just weak and tired yawns, lol. Teary eyes. If I keep taking loperamide aka amodium ad will I have to wait to take subs? I think that was a take I read as many google searches r bluelighy old threads. Anyway not sure about going the sub route and really don't want to go to dr of any kind. Can I just use the 5 subs to get clean? I'm ready for the mental part of being clean. Just want my life back. When I get clean for a bit life is so great off everything.

Another hour sober no oxy. Going to beat this. I don't think I want to go short term subs even though I've done short term and been successful to get clean. Gabapentin appears to be working but only large doses for me like 2000mg every 6 hours. Early in the game I know but feel better. At work and c how the day goes. Any support advice is appreciated.

I guess I only posted three hours ago and staying busy. Just want to hit the 24 hr mark and move on and build on that. I hope to get some replies as I feel this is more of my journal. I've read TONS of stories and all have been inspirational. 3:30 eastern time US will be 24 hours less than 6 hrs and I know I'm early in the game and just looking for support as my I need to do this alone and continue work and do a lot of things that grown ups do instead of getting high. I'm so pissed at myself and turning that into my motivation as my wife and life are wonderful. I'm trying to stay away from the subs. I'm pretty sure a quick taper could work fine as I have 5 8mg/2mg type of suboxone film. Again just looking for support. At work right now and just sitting in office checking out inspirational BL posts. There are some wonderful stories here and feel like I know some posters. Again just looking for support and advice if the wd gets too bad and I take the sub route. Again I have to plan a weeks vaca beginning August 13 and don't want to be struggling as my wife deserves better and of course on oxy I'm superman. I used to work out a lot and it very good shape, course lost a lot of muscle and haven't been close to 8 months or so. I've been down this rocky road sooooo many times and like others have posted why do this to ourselves. THIS time I am ready. I can not makes excuses. I do see a counselor and helps but may also enable? My wife is tough and helped me two times before and of course never again. Well here I am. WHY? I really think that yes there's addiction in the sense that people may be wired differently in the brain but I also believe I make the "choice" of using. NOT ONE PERSON MAKES ME TAKE ANYTHING, I choose to do these things. Well anyway looking for a reply. Anything really....feeling alone.

Hey Vic! Good job on staying away from oxy. You CAN do this!!

I, and pretty much the rest of us , 100% understand what you're going through. Both the torture of withdrawal and trying, and falling down and getting back up. So you definitely are anongst friends.

Time feels so evil. It just drags on. I am an IV heroin addict-clean for 1.5 years-and now yo-yoning between subs and dope. I'm struggling my ass off. You're not alone.

I think you can taper on 5 subs. But cut them into 4mgs, 2mgs, 1mgs, .5mgs-then jump off. Try to stretch the taper to 10days I'm not a suboxone expert-so hopefully others w more knowledge will comment.

Currently, I've had about 20 or 21 days clean. Then, my dealer was right there -tempting me. Asshole. I gave in-but didn't get the usual bundle (14 bags that my husband and I share-so 7bags for me) I only got only 3 bags yesterday and it was bunk. I feel like there has been some Divine Intervention. I've been telling my dealer what a piece of shit he is. I used to put up w his bullshit for fear of pissing him off. I don't want to continue this lifestyle. I am fighting hard--you can too. Your life and marriage are worth it.

I'll respond more later-I have to cut someone's hair. Hang on Vic. You really can do this.

Thanks 10yrgone....cut it nice. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I feel like if I write about it and hear from others it may help as all I've done is lurke for years and finally now posting. Although I've posted a few times in the year, two, maybe 3 don't know but reading all the stories really does help. Although I did speak w my counselor and said that was a big jump and maybe reducing each day for a bit will help w withdrawal. Almost 20hrs. 3:30 will be 24hrs. I've been on the large doses of gabapentin and feel ok actually. If u have no tolerance to gabapentin it can be a godsend and worst enemy. For me, again for me, it was easy for me to get off up to 100mg of oxycodone with gabs. Too easy. That started the cycle and now have a tolerance for gabs but I'm taking wicked large doses. I know my body can only absorb so such at one time so I've been popping them 3,4,5, every hour. For those without tolerance it won't take too much but more than prescribed. I'm not saying it will work for everyone or condone it. Just sharing what works for me. Right now I'm at almost 20hours at work and not too bag after months and months of 100,200, up to 300 I think at one point. Yikes! But anyway I'm doing ok and have the option of getting some 5's to help with the transition. Perhaps that's the road I should take or making an excuse to use? I really don't know. I do have wicked willpower when I want to so 20 5's won't be gone all at once and I would do like 5 morning, noon, night total of 15 mg. Lower gabs so tolerance doesn't become issue then next week jump? With one week to get better, not sure but I do know that in the past if I were to jump at 50-100mg per day I wouldn't be here at work typing if it weren't for the gabs. I know. Oh man my mind is all over the place. I actually have a dr appt (endo dr) cause testosterone is so low. Yes I dabbled in "juice" and got pretty big and loved going to beach. At 35 I probably had the best body at the beach. I've lost a lot of muscle during my recent stint and hate to even look at Facebook pics of me going back 2,3,4, dare I say 5 years??? Off and on??? Damn I'm sooo pissed right now. Again one hr at a time. Who knows where this will lead. I think lowering is my best option though. Not sure. Sheesh talk about all over the place.

Hey Vic ! First off I just want to say you have a strong plan for withdrawl ! You know what to expect and you just gotta get through it. I'm on week two iv heroin use and it's been tough but I feel better everyday ! I want to also make sure that you know to wait until you take any subs until you are fully in withdrawl and really like 24 hours because if you take it too early it will through you into the worst withdrawl ever!! Suboxane attaches to your receptors just like oxy I think oxy has the same half life of heroin double check but here is what I have found

Morphine: 8-12 hours
Heroin: 12-24 hours
Oxycodone and hydrocodone: 12-24 hours
Oxymorphone: 24-30 hours
Methadone: 36 hours to a week

Also you don't need that much sub to get by . You can really cut it down into 8ths and dose from that withdrawals from subs suck and last way longer so try to use them sparingly just to get through. Honestly I shot the film during my wds ( highly do not recommend ). It just made it worse really in the long run . Makes insomnia worse so try to take in the day and minimal is key you don't need a lot . I have not ever had any expierence with gabapentin but it looks like large doses over time will give you withdrawls as well so be aware of that . I think the best thing really is just to get through it be strong and try not to prolong your wds self medicating . The sooner all this shit is out of your system the faster you will start feeling normal. I would honestly say you could get by with half a film and save the rest for a down day here and there but try not to rely on them . Suboxane takes like 22 to 30 to wd and peak day is day 10. So sparingly seriously. You could even save them for your vacay so you have a little energy and only use them here and there . Please do a little research on them they work for slot of people but my own expierience with suboxane I just feel like I'm still using like I never quit anything . And they make you sick just keep that in mind . You also have some clonodine? I haven't had much success with those I still am sitting on a ton I know I overdid them one night and my blood pressure dropped very low because that's what they do and I was using them to sleep but they made me dizzy really light headed foggy . And you have kpins thank god! That will help use those when you are the most uneasy and sick hopefully they will knock you out. Those are your most prized pill I say . Self medicating is so hard I think but have a good plan do some research today before you get bad and stick to it as much as you can . I had two subs . Xanax . Clonodine . And meth. And then I used twice did a few days of coke and h shots. Rechecked myself and went on And it's just been prolonging everything . But As soon as I stopped cocktailing I started to feel better. So my advice , ( but def do what's best for your addiction and to make it through ) is to minimize using anything unless you really need it and no doubt you will but be careful to not make withdrawls go on and on and on. You can heal faster without all the subs. You have a vacay in 2 weeks by then you will feel better maybe not 100% but you will be feeling better than you do now for sure !
Also what's up with your councilor ? And also are you taking time off from work to be sick ? What r your plans for that seems like you are goin to continue working? You are right that knowone makes you take anything or do anything so keep that in mind you are in control and you make the decision this drug does not make the decision for you anymore.!! And rethink the subs please they will prolong PAWS and drag everything out . I am home all day and night and I have awful insomnia so I will be checking in on how your doing you totally got this one last withdrawl ! And you are def not alone cheers Vic

Hey Vic I just read your thoughts on getting your tolerance lower definitely not a bad idea but you have two weeks to feel better right ? It might be better to use that will power you have to just say fuck you im done with this shit and get it done . I think the kpins will be better honestly than picking up 20 5's it will just take longer. If the gabs is helping then just stick with that when it gets bad then eat a kpin . When shit hits the fan eat like 2-4 mg sub and then be a little sick for a while . You will have to be sick to get through this and getting more oxy put you right back at hour 1 this morning . Just saying you got this ! You have more than enough wd meds to get through this . Be done in 4 days not 10 or 15 or never . !! Cheers Vic

Another thing I hate about subs is how zappy you feel and it makes your anxiety like faster if that makes sense they are very strange to wd from and kinda just lead back to using unless you are really following a tru sub plan not just getting them from the street . With a few days to really get yourself back in shape mentally and start physically feeling better I say jump! U already said you made the decision to do it today. And you already made it 24 hrs !!!! You are seriously gonna get through this!!
I worry if you wait until next week you will feel like shit for vacay and use again but that's because relapse is a bitch for me and I hate to see you prolong this hell you can turn it into months or get it out! Sorry for so many posts I just hope you haven't changed your mind I think you have started your journey there is no turning back just keep going foraward ! Cheers Vic !

Thank you both for the replies. It's funny how someone you don't even know, replies to your post and just helps u make the right decision or simply help u through the day.

I am aware of not taking suboxe too soon but THANK YOU! For looking out. It's just been such a battle. Counselor recommended small dose if needed. She knows me well and can tell when I'm serious. I tell her everything and knows me very well by now, it's been 10months once a week. She knows I want to stop and have the willpower to take one 5 even though I have access to 20 or whatever. I'm pretty sure I can get clean and get past most of the withdrawal before the 13th of August when vacation starts. I just can't be dead weight. I can put on a good show, but I honestly want to enjoy things again without oxy. It's usually a shitty week then things get better although these past few months have been a higher amount than past so may take a little longer I don't know and won't let my mind tell me it will. Like I said before usually shitty week then better each day so bite the bullet and get it over with.

I made it 22 hours then took 15mg which won't do anything for me other than help with withdrawal which really weren't that bad as I am at work. So maybe just an excuse but I think I'll do one to two days of a wicked low dose maybe 15mg per day split into 5mg every 6 hours or so. Then leap off that this way I lowered it and by next weekend I should be good to go. I really don't think I need the subs. I don't want to draw it out either way so I may just do tomorrow at low dose and stop. We'll see. Thank you for the replies. It means sooo much!!!

I think that's a good plan !! You have a really great plan just have to stick to it ! Write it down or whatever I know my plan got way out of wack so it wouldn't hurt to have a reminder when you are hurting a bit , but you will def hurt less allot less staying off subs and weaning down a bit . I think 2 days of low dose plus you already cleansed for 22 hrs to start I think 3 days is plenty to get your tolerance way down .
How do you plan on keeping your energy levels up for work ?

Hey Vic! I know you got this! I'm almost at two days now; I had four 8 mg Subs left. I waited 24 hours after my last dose before starting the Subs, and I cut them in quarters. I definitely feel better with Subs than I did yesterday, but not 100%. Did make it to work though, and it's tolerable. My usage was right there with yours, and I was unsuccessful with cold turkey. Of course, if you can take time off and hide in your house for at least three days, cold turkey might work. But to be somewhat functional, the Subs taper seems to be working. Keep me updated!

Thanks again Willow! And welcome Greta! Wow I can't believe all the support. I have some l-tyrosine for energy and coffee and two 30 adderrall but may just save those if I'm on vaca and really need to have energy so wife enjoys the vaca as I'm keeping this from her as she helped me two times and I do t want a third so at it alone, well I have bl.!! I really want to stay away from the subs as I would probably be going through the worst of it while on vaca and can't just be in pain while the oxy withdrawal for me usually pretty quick and in 7 days I feel pretty good and two weeks very good so that will be pretty close to our vacation week. Oh boy thanks everyone for checking in. It really means a lot!

Nice two weeks ! do you have trouble sleeping from oxy wds? Definitely save those Addis those will be gold for vacay just in case you have a down day . So then two days of 15 mg oxy and done ? Sounds like this could work for sure you seem like you have a better direction than this morning . Did you already pick up?

Oh got it . So two days and that's it ! Nice you got this for sure. If it gets bad and you need a little relief have a small piece of sub and just don't keep taking them . Please keep us updated on your progress !

Yes I'll have a few 5's to help and although I will still withdraw but I don't think it will be as intense as I have to go to work and will take small doses until Friday and get through the tough days over the weekend and back to work for 5 days and then vacation. So I'll have 8 days under my belt before vaca and usually after 7 days I'm good. So that's my plan. I'm trying to stay away from the subs.

i think that's a good plan last withdrawal I tapered my use down significantly and it really helped the rls and anxiety. I did have a little sub when I couldn't really take anymore wds helped a lot but I only used like 4mg to start and went to like 1-2 mg once a day and quit . Like maybe 3 days didn't even have a whole film . Keep us posted . U have kpins for the weekend to help you sleep:)

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan! I know trying to go at it alone sucks, though. You should feel quite a bit better by vacation time; it would be best to save those Addys just in case! Hopefully you won't even need them.

When it hits its going to be bad. At least it was for me. Even with a taper I hit hell drops where you body goes ape shit. Its doable though... Will power man. It will help alot if your wife is there for support. She has to do nothing... Just be there.

Icy hot, Ibuprofen, Hot baths, Klonopin, Gabapentin and the biggest of them all Exercise. I rode my bike 8-18 miles a day through the worst of it. The endorphin high helped alot.

Good luck...

R13

You're right Rean excersie helps a lot. I used to spend hours in the gym, I used to juice too and went to test dr today and he gave me androgel which will bring up my test levels and helps with energy too. I've heard of clinics using it too but probably those really expensive one in Malibu for 40-50k. They also have that procedure which they basically put u in a coma for a few days and past withdrawals but of course there are other things that need to change. That's scary but I know through some of my worst withdrawals I probably would have forked over the $$$. Money isn't an issue so getting my Oxys r easy, too easy. But this week have min funds because my cash is tied up in investments and just killing it at around 25% over the past 10 months or so. Trump? Not to get into politics but I've made plenty of $ lately and good thing.

My d.o.c (oxy) contacts/dealers know I'm doing this and never push and respect it. They know they'll lose cash but are cool with me living a sober life as most of them deal to feed their habit. I can't stress enough how much gabapentin has helped. I've done 15mg oxy a little spaced out after 22 hours without anything but gabs and really feel fine. And wasn't that bad when I took them, oxy. I've used gabs in the past and have 300, 300mg pills. I'll use basically 150 to go through withdrawal and then use the other 150 to wean off gabs. If u r ever desperate, gabs can be a way to go for you. Especially if u don't have a tolerance, it will actually make u feel real good. Withdrawals were a breeze last time I used gabs but had a low tolerance and it was too easy and of course used again cause I know I can always use gabs to get off oxy. Gabs truly are a miracle drug for wds. Too me better than subs. Yes take large doses worked for me. I can almost guarantee if I had a user of oxy 50-150mg per day for 6 months or so I could get them off the junk and feeling well and basically no wd. I've got a tolerance now so I will take just a few while I use the small dose of oxy and then bump it up, gabs, when I'm done and should be good. I def feel great after using a total now of 20mg oxy today vs 200mg I took for months maybe even a year. I can only say that the gabs work for me but need high doses. I've taken up to 15,000-20,000mg per day for a few days to get through withdrawal but of course with my tolerance. Someone who never used them would need like 3,000-5,000 per day and be just fine. Maybe a little sloppy drunk like feeling but able to go to work just fine. I cant say it works for everyone, but the stories I've read when people had used them just didn't take enough in my opinion, but has for me sooooo many times but this time my gab tolerance is high so I'll be taking a lot but should be pretty smooth sailing. Fingers crossed. I could take all of the 30 5's I got today but didn't as this is it BL. I'll be completely off by Friday morning and will have at least 12 hours sober and have weekend to get through the crap days even though I have a bday party for family member. So I'll go and might be good for me. I'm looking forward to the next few days. I know I took oxy today but don't feel like I failed but may even lower it more for two days and then stop. I have a good feeling about it, could be from the few oxys I took today but really 20mg compared to 200mg per day I can't really say it's the oxy. I know I have some comfort meds if need be and as a lady resort some subs. Again I think people take waaaaay to high dose of subs when they start. I've used 1mg to induct, and then maybe another 1mg, maybe the first day and then just lowered to sliver by 4-5 days and that's it. I've read many good/bad stories but I feel like the good ones aren't posted because they're off and stay off and BL could be a trigger. I know when I'm going through wd or quitting I would read all the stories on bl. Shoot I've officially been a member for over 3 years. I don't post much will start and may come back after I quit or maybe I will to let everyone know I'm at 1 month, 6 month, etc. that will be nice. Thank you all for the support. Everyone here has truly been so great and I can't say how much that's means to me, yes u may know I'm a 39year old male with an oxy habit with a good job. But other than that....this forum has kept my mind busy and now going to lay down and watch Netflix, probably any episode of always sunny in Philadelphia. That's where my user name came from. Any fans out there? Workaholics got me through one really bad withdrawal. To this day sometimes it's tough to watch an episode but again sorta love it cause it helped me get clean. I mean even in the darkest withdrawal I couldn't help laugh.

Exercise is important. Heck I walked 5-6 miles today during lunch and it when I got home but had a lay dinner cause I had to drop off testosterone script and wait so I can use it tomorrow. It's called Androgel. Works very well. I just severed a nerve in finger so pushing weight which I love has to wait but the walks e good. I got on scale at dr office and 199.5#. I haven't weighed that little in a looon time. This oxy cycle has caused me not to hit the gym and lose a lot of muscle. I can weight 220-230 with about 11% body fat and look pretty good. My wife like me bigger not 165# and ripped. She actually likes the extra weight and I know I trade the oxy addiction for gym addiction but at least it's healthier. On my gym site I go to I can't tell u how many ex users there are there and many of them are now addicted to the gym but mostly in a healthier manner and not going too crazy but I can tell u I've done 4-5 months of almost 3 hours before works at gym and 3 after and looked wicked good and fealt a natural high. I have a story about July 14 one time getting home from gym, of course I was clean at the time but will post in the morning. Have a great evening everyone and stay strong. Talk to u soon. Thanks again you have all made my day. Till tomorrow.