• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trying to get off Heroin

JBIH986

Greenlighter
Today is my last half gram day of heroin. I’ve managed to save up 8 of the 8mg/2mg suboxone strips and 60 mg of methadone. The last time I tried to stop using I tried with suboxone and I waited 18 hours before taking half of a 8mg strip and went into a horrible feeling of sweating while shivering and extremely irritated limbs. I couldn’t sleep and eventually went after some H to feel better. I’ve never tried methadone tho, I was hoping someone could give me advice on how and when to start with methadone. My heroin habit has been on average a half gram a day for about 3 months.

You can start taking Methadone immediately. If you’re addiction is serious and you can go to a Methadone clinic then I would. I’m on Methadone now. I’m a monthly patient. Been in treatment for 5 years. I was on oral opiates. Methadone saved my life and it helps my pain/mental state, but I only recommend as a last resort. You can’t just hop off Methadone and I only recommend as serious treatment. It’s a whole other playing field.

recommend tapering down as far as you possibly can before switching to subs striaght from dope. Problem is, most dope is cut with fent analogues that are longer lasting now and I had the same issue a year ago. I waited 26-27 hours and still went into immediate precipitated withdrawls. It sucks but to get off the habit, I would switch to longer acting pills like Methadone so you don't have sever withdrawls, taking the least amount needed to get you by, and then tapering off from there. I am doing that with OP's and its actually working quite well.