View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying LSD for first time

bimmie999

Greenlighter
Hello this is my first post on blue light, I seek some help. I am 17 years old and have become interested in trying LSD. My question is: am I really ready for acid? I'm decently experienced with shrooms I've done them 3 times. Each time very different. But i seem to understand shrooms, their purpose. I was caught off guard my first time, I didn't know what to expect. It was a pretty rough time I did it with my two friends for our first time. I had done weeks of research before attempting. I only took 1.2 grams and ended up tripping pretty hard. The shrooms I get in Connecticut vary a lot in quality. I was able to make a connect with one of my local friends who deals shrooms. It turns out that these shrooms were very very good. They are called penis envy and it doesn't take a very high dose at all to get strong effects. I have learned with these shrooms that anything over 3 grams is unnecessary and will result in a bad trip. So anyway I have taken these same shrooms three different times. My second time I took 2 grams and soaked it in lemon juice. That trip turned out being nuts. one friend flipped out and ended up pissing all over himself. It was a very intense experience. It produced a lot more visuals than the first time. I was seeing stuff everywhere. What really freaked me out though was how intense the mindfuck was and the voices I would hear. Overall I don't mind shrooms but don't really love them. I've had some rough times but I was always able to get through it fine by telling myself that I'm just tripping. The body load from these shrooms was always very intense and could become overwhelming. But no matter what every time I have tripped there has been good and bad vibes. I have learned that the setting and people you are with literally decides your trip. I am giving you this background so you know how experienced I am with different drugs. I smoke a lot of weed, three to four times a day as well. Because of the bad parts of my shroom trips, I am hesistant to try acid. However I have a 19 year old brother who is a lot more experienced then me. He has done acid about 7 times, shrooms 6, coke once, and molly about 3 times. He's always telling me about how great his times are on acid. He also tells me that he doesnt like shrooms at all. He says he thinks this is because his first ever psychedelic was acid. He tells me that acid is 100 times better then shrooms. He says every time he has done shrooms he has parts of the trip that are not pleasent. That he has never once had a bad thought on acid. That every time he does LSD he has some of the best times of his life. He says that acid doesn't have quite the mindfuck that shrooms has, and that its a lot more visual. He's had one experience on shrooms that he considers a bad trip. I am really interested in trying another psychedelic because I found shrooms interesting but not that fun. I have heard stories of people having amazing times on acid. I love the visual aspect of shrooms so I'm thinking I'll love acid. Can I get some feedback I'm stuck here. Do you guys think I can handle acid or should I wait.

Be somewhere safe with people you trust. Take a tab and enjoy the ride. It really can be beautiful, have a positive mindset and if you're feeling a bit down, don't bother. If you've done shrooms, then you know what a trip is like so don't freak out, it's nothing to worry about at all.

I've always found lsd to be far more recreational, smoother, and a tad less serious as psilocybin mushrroms, though your mileage may vary.

As far as should you take this drug or not you'll have to make that decision on your own. They usually don't allow these kinds of questions if memory serves but good luck to you if you should decide to experience lsd. It's a very special compound and should be treated with respect and I would implore you to research the subject thoroughly before making the decision, as with anything heavy like this. There is a big and dandy LSD thread probably that might be pretty popular I don't know look around.

I appreciate the feedback, I've been researching for a while now. Sadly a lot of people are telling me that LSD is very hard to describe and that really the only way to understand is to experience it. I've also heard that mushrooms r a bit more of an unconrrolled experience. My brother says he can get me some good acid if I wanted it. 160 mg a tab, is that too much for a first time because ik most tabs are usually 100. Usually my brother knows if I'm ready or not to try something and he doesn't seem to be against me trying acid. He was against me trying shrooms last year but I did anyway and that didn't turn out so great. So I trust his judgement. Also I forgot to mention that my dad is very experienced with psychedelics. He doesn't talk about it with us much but we have figured out he's done both LSD and shrooms over 50 times. My family seems to enjoy psychedelics so it gives me some hope

It's not hard to describe at all if you've already experienced mushrooms. They are like golden delicious apples to macintosh. Very similar, more similar than different, but the difference is quite notable as well so it's natural people say such things.

You're better off just doing it, then you'll know. Be sure to test your blotters with a reagent test, though. ;)

The thing about acid is that it's long-lasting so you have to take it early so you're not awake half the night. The major advantage over psilocybin is the lack of nausea and usually lack of confusion that you get in the latter stages of psilocybin trips. I find that with psilocybin I'm at maximum confusion and insanity right before the trip ends, which it does surprisingly abruptly. I'm like completely insane for the last 15 minutes or so and then within about a 5 minute period I quickly fade back to normal consciousness and the trip is completely over. I really hate that last part though.