• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Truxal / Chlorprothixene sleep aid?

It's a typical antipsychotic and one of its main effects is sedation, so it should be pretty good for sleep :)
I have no first hand experience, but I wouldn't touch antipsychotics if I don't have to because of all the side effects. If you take Truxal, be aware of the risk of developing extrapyramidal symptoms.

Last edited:
Fuck it , ask for a benzo , if they say they are addictive say "addictive yes , neurotoxic no"

ofcourse there are alternatives if your doctors is one of those fools who thinks ant-psychotics are the safer drug ecause they have less abuse potential; trazodone , melatonin ,promethazine

As a anti-psychotic it seemed very clear and clean, it stopped all thought loops. Creating a flat mind so to speak. I have no idea what dosage was in the pills I was gifted although my guess is 50mg (there is a 15mg pill but that seems like an to low of a dose). At this dosage I noticed no sedation what so ever.

I rank it higher then risperidon, very usefull if you need an anti-pychotic. But that's where it's purposes end imo.

there are alternatives if your doctors is one of those fools who thinks ant-psychotics are the safer drug ecause they have less abuse potential; trazodone , melatonin ,promethazine

Promethazine is technically also an antipsychotic - just a relatively short-acting one that produces intense sedation through a powerful antihistaminergic action, and as such it's mostly fallen out of favor as a treatment for schizophrenia and is instead used for insomnia, nausea or acute agitation. Truxal (Chlorprothixene) and Dominal (Prothipendyl) are used in a similar fashion in Central Europe, where Promethazine isn't as popular.

Last edited: