• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

~ Truly a Wonder Drug ~ Memantine ~

This is really something. I’m looking for something for severe anxiety. I take Percocet for now, but the bliss from that is gone. It only works for pain now and I’m left feeling lost, down and filled with anxiety.
Your thoughts? And do I need a prescription for that stuff?
Love and thanks

For an anxiety disorder im not sure its gonna cover tat in all honesty, it works amazing as antidepressant tho at a therapeutic dosage level daily like 20-30mgs. So maybe that down feeling you speak of could be alleviated and in turn it could help you feel less anxious. Its very easy to find this stuff online without a prescription, in a pure powder form or as pills themselves.

Its pretty damn cheap in the grand scheme too. Ive got a couple vendors here in the US that have it shipped to me a couple days. Only thing is your gonna have to learn how to use Cryptocurrency because any of the legit places selling it ive found only accept that as a payment method. Its easy and nothing cant learn without a tutorial online.

@Dr.Faust

Ive not personally used it for PAWS because i ended up making the jump to Bupe from Methadone but id imagine it being very effective. I suffer from pretty severe bi-polar disorder and dissociatives and psychedelics pull me outta depressive episodes better than any traditional pharmaceutical ive used.

The best compounds ive used for this are 4-AcO-DMT/Psilocybin and Ketamine/MXE and its relatives like FXE/MXPr/MXiPr and etc. Those i use in full on dosages and after the trip i will feel right as rain for a couple weeks if not longer. Memantine doses the same thing when used in a higher dose a single time, or if maintaining a smaller dosage level for an extended period.

I'm very sorry I wasn't strong enough, but that's how it is
20mg of memantine are too little. Even in the papers which usually dose pretty conservative they used 60mg and this amount wasn't enough for to achieve good results (but they also used just a single dose). I did over 100mg's but I had a preexisting tolerance so I think 60mg are a good starting point. Just feeling some effects from memantine doesn't mean the dose is solid enough for to modulate the mu opioid receptors.

Then it should work for PAWS as well. I quit a 600mg/d morphine habit with just memantine and pregabalin and didn't have to go through withdrawal or much PAWS. Did you try to continue the memantine to aid with PAWS btw?

Of course I wished you the best, a pity that it wasn't strong enough.

@plumbus-nine I think it was enough memantine.

I took 2 x 10mg per day for about 10 days. so a total of 200 mg. probably even more since I ended up losing control.

And with a half-life of about 60 hours, something has already accumulated. I was definitely not in opiate withdrawal. And I know very well how it is.

@Axtkämpfer: Thank you for the ketamine-idea. I'm going to try that today because I still have a few ampoules of it here.

I just hope it doesn't have a strong interaction with the memantine that I should still have plenty of in my body. I'll take about 50mg nasally tonight and report back.

Maybe you could persevere with the memantine, then try exercise, healthy eating, you could try SSRI/SNRIs, low dose ketamine (infrequently but it's supposed to be good for depression), or pyshedelics like psilocybin or LSD either micro dosed frequently or taken occasionally in higher doses.
There's a lot of ways of treating depression. Or alternatively you can go on low dose bupe (preferably) or, last resort, methadone and sloooowly taper that, then use the memantine when you're ready to jump off.

I realize I do most that list for my mental health. Exercise, diet, low dose K, psychedelics and low dose bupe lol. I wonder what that says about me..

-GC

As a last try I could take 1-cp-lsd.

But I'll try the ketamine first.

I have to lower the dosage because I still have memantine in me and psychosis can occur as an interaction with ketamine.

But that can certainly happen with 1cp-lsd :cool:

For an anxiety disorder im not sure its gonna cover tat in all honesty, it works amazing as antidepressant tho at a therapeutic dosage level daily like 20-30mgs. So maybe that down feeling you speak of could be alleviated and in turn it could help you feel less anxious. Its very easy to find this stuff online without a prescription, in a pure powder form or as pills themselves.

Its pretty damn cheap in the grand scheme too. Ive got a couple vendors here in the US that have it shipped to me a couple days. Only thing is your gonna have to learn how to use Cryptocurrency because any of the legit places selling it ive found only accept that as a payment method. Its easy and nothing cant learn without a tutorial online.

@Dr.Faust

Ive not personally used it for PAWS because i ended up making the jump to Bupe from Methadone but id imagine it being very effective. I suffer from pretty severe bi-polar disorder and dissociatives and psychedelics pull me outta depressive episodes better than any traditional pharmaceutical ive used.

The best compounds ive used for this are 4-AcO-DMT/Psilocybin and Ketamine/MXE and its relatives like FXE/MXPr/MXiPr and etc. Those i use in full on dosages and after the trip i will feel right as rain for a couple weeks if not longer. Memantine doses the same thing when used in a higher dose a single time, or if maintaining a smaller dosage level for an extended period.
Hi there. I’m curious how you liked the Bupe compared to methadone. I just came off the Butrans patch cause it gave me such anxiety. Now doc wants to try Methadone. I’m honestly scared of methadone. Have not heard good things😳😳

Here is an update from me.

I took 20mg of memantine for 10 days while on vacation and didn't have any opiate withdrawal as a result.
But I was very "confused" by the stuff. I even fell badly several times.

When I came back I was very depressed and fucked up because I thought my attempt didn't work.
I then gave myself 32mg hydromorphone -nasal- for 2 days.
Then I noticed that something was different and that the HM actually didn't do anything for me - "except stop diarrhea".

So I just left it out for 3 days now. I feel much better now - like a veil has fallen from me.
I suspect that this effect is related to the fact that I had a high level of memantine (half life 60h) which is now being excreted and this makes me feel better.

Anyway - I just threw my last opiates in a bin at a train station and I'm very glad that my attempt is now turning positive.

Best regards Dr.F.

I took 20mg of memantine for 10 days while on vacation and didn't have any opiate withdrawal as a result.

When I came back I was very depressed and fucked up because I thought my attempt didn't work.
Then I noticed that something was different and that the HM actually didn't do anything for me - "except stop diarrhea".

So I just left it out for 3 days now. I feel much better now - like a veil has fallen from me.
I suspect that this effect is related to the fact that I had a high level of memantine (half life 60h) which is now being excreted and this makes me feel better.

Anyway - I just threw my last opiates in a bin at a train station and I'm very glad that my attempt is now turning positive.

Best regards Dr.F.
That's great man! Just remember it'll get much better the longer you persevere, even if you need more memantine.
And which train station....lol

Yes, with the memantine I was even able to sleep very well and a lot.

But I also took Lyrica about 150mg/d and diazepam 10mg/d.

Hi there. I’m curious how you liked the Bupe compared to methadone. I just came off the Butrans patch cause it gave me such anxiety. Now doc wants to try Methadone. I’m honestly scared of methadone. Have not heard good things😳😳
Methadone is nicer feeling than bupe for sure, at first, but after about a year is just becomes a pain in the arse. Liquid handcuffs is a deserved slang and I'd like to shake the hand of whatever scruffy junky coined that phrase. Then promptly wash my hands.

Yes Methadone is a shit with is very hard to quit. Please consider that.
If not I am shure you will regret it in one year!

I am on my 5-th clean day now and feeling fine.
The opiate-curtain beginning to lift..
It makes me fun to hear loud music and looging at woman. What wasnt so for yeras now.

Please excuse my english I have no translation devise yet.

Thanks for the report, Charlie, and I'm glad it's working so well for you. Memantine is a very atypical dissociative, very clean, NMDA antagonism and also about as much dopamine agonism, and it seems to largely leave your coordination and speech intact. I haven't tried it above 20mg yet. At 20mg I find it helps take the edge off withdrawal, but I keep hearing that at much higher doses it will entirely block withdrawal. It also supposedly helps to reset tolerance to both stimulants and opioids.

Some people dislike the feeling from it, but I like it, personally. I also notice an antidepressant effect, like you do.

All in all, a nice drug. Interestingly, it's used to help treat Alzheimer's, where it helps people to keep ahold of their memories for longer and avoid sliding into dementia. I'm not sure what doses are used for that.
yea I was wondering how a Alzheimer drug would be used to help with opiate withdrawal

Well i finally just induced the Buprenorphine, took 4mgs sublingually about an hour ago. Its been 7 days i think at least since i took any Methadone. For this reason i decided to stop the Memantine at this point, it worked wonders carrying me through this transitional period and made the whole process so much smoother than it could have been.

Im expecting it to potentiate the Bupe pretty significantly as well, im absolutely still under the influence of Memantine and its gonna probably be a few days before i am all the way back to baseline. Going to be taking a break from the dissos for a couple weeks and eventually will most likely do a recreational trip on 100mgs when i get the itch again.

This experiment was a great success overall and i hope that anyone reading this that struggles with Opioid Addiction could gain something by reading about my experiences with this compound. Wish you the best of luck on your journey, with all my love ❤️
Congratulations!!!!! Subs are a life saver and when I discovered them coming off fake m30's I immediately felt the relief from the physical withdrawals.

Finally tried a very tiny 5mg dose yesterday. Noticed a fairly pronounced mood lift today. I’m not high or anything but the depression I’ve been feeling fairly consistently has vanished more or less. This stuff is really amazing. It’s like all the afterglow of K with none of the high, which may sound bad to some but I really appreciate.

-GC

Hi, really great stuff everyone - I'm currently up to 130mg methadone for 1 yr. and it's not enough to get me out of withdrawal and they wont give me more so I saw this by way of anything to help me get some relief and read the attached attenuation doc's for Memantine powder.I bought some powder online and am hoping to add it to my daily dose but am unsure if this will work enough to bring me out.If not then I will lower my dose and just come off completely.Any dosage help would be great.I can maybe transfer to suboxone eventually if I can get my tolerance down with the Memantine. Thx,Kenny

I see much mention of it's use in the treatment of methadone dependence. But methadone is reasonably unusual in that it has significant NMDA activity.

It's DOA makes it sound very useful.

But I would argue that it needs to be tested in the treatment of dependence on other opioids. I mean, it could affect enzymes to prevent metabolism and what have you. Specifically we need to know if it aids with fentanyl dependence. That could be of major benefit. This is of significant benefit and as such it worthwhile.

Best regards Dr.F.
If I add memantine to my 130/daily methadone dose what would you suggest to help me actually get out of the partial withdrawal I'm in?

It is also somewhat ‘proven’ (lots of data not conclusive) NDMA lower amphetamine tolerance- am I correct on this?
I do find ketamine help lower my amp tolerance noticeable, for my biochemistric composition.