• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Trouble managing dose with heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanmoretime

Greenlighter
Whenever I get a bag it's because I'm withdrawing and all I want is to feel better, but as soon as I feel better after my first hit it's like I forget how bad I just felt and my focus immediately goes to getting high again. It makes it really really hard to manage my usage. I end up using my bag really fast and then I go into withdrawl again just for the cycle to continue. Obviously I lack the self control, but that just goes to show how powerful these types of drugs are. The depressing part is that it doesn't even feel THAT good anymore, I smoke and smoke and smoke hoping for this glorious high that never comes. I'm just thankful that my habit isn't to the point where I need an entire bag just to feel normal. Even as I write this I'm having trouble not touching my bag, I have to constantly distract myself from using.

It almost makes me want to cry when I take that first hit after feeling sick because it feels so good but at the same time I know I'm completely reliant on this drug. I can sense that the honeymoon period is ending and I'm on the brink of a downward spiral into addiction. I'm lucky that nobody in my family has found out and I know if I keep going down this road that they will find out eventually. I know it's in my best interest to just quit and cold turkey it, I just know that once I get clean for a while I will forget about the withdrawls and go right back into using. I finally understand this drug and how it can easily spiral out of control. Anyone else having trouble with this? I guess I just needed to vent and it's nice to hear about other people's struggles when you're struggling yourself..

Last edited:
Switching ROA to one that is less 'peaky' can help, e.g. snorting or plugging, instead of smoking or IV. When you have a faster peak concentration of drugs in the brain, you get correspondingly more tolerance development and "moreish" behaviour - the highs are higher but the lows are lower, too. SMoking is the fastest route, actually, as blood from your lungs goes direct to the brain, whereas veins go to the heart first, then lungs, then brain.

In the end though, the obvious answer is you should stop entirely if you can't control yourself any more. Or at least take a break where you take the minimum amount needed to stay not-sick. You won't get any better if you keep looking for the high that never comes.

Switching ROA to one that is less 'peaky' can help, e.g. snorting or plugging, instead of smoking or IV. When you have a faster peak concentration of drugs in the brain, you get correspondingly more tolerance development and "moreish" behaviour - the highs are higher but the lows are lower, too. SMoking is the fastest route, actually, as blood from your lungs goes direct to the brain, whereas veins go to the heart first, then lungs, then brain.

In the end though, the obvious answer is you should stop entirely if you can't control yourself any more. Or at least take a break where you take the minimum amount needed to stay not-sick. You won't get any better if you keep looking for the high that never comes.

Thank you for your input. You're probably right about the ROA. I've snorted it a few times before but I liked having the instant high that smoking it gives you, and I had this fear of wasting it due to it running down my throat. I just made some monkey water and I actually feel higher than I do from smoking it even with less product used, I guess the trick to not wasting it is to use as little water as possible. I'll be snorting from now on. I'm hoping I can stick to using only when I feel sick, but it's going to be hard.

Actually it looks like I won't be doing anything anymore. I think I jinxed myself by saying my family doesn't know. A few hours after posting this my mom confronted me about what drugs I'm taking. I know this is a blessing in disguise but I can't help but freak the **** out right now. Good bye heroin hello rehab :/

Sekio is one of the smartest most knowledgeable blue lighters, of course he's right! Lol anyways you sound very young, heroin is not a road you want to go down, rehab will suck for a while, but it will be a blessing later down the road. Good luck bud!

Guy. In your case, if it was a choice of junk or rehab, I'd take my ass straight to a honest, educational rehab. Look, if you learn now, you will most likely have your whole life ahead of you. That is straight up HR. Closed.

Edit: Btw, people like......your parents can read you. If they are smart, they know there is an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.