View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on Azurescens

cherryboi

Greenlighter
Hello! Me and my friends plan on tripping on Azurescens. I would want to know dosage advice and a little about the effects of theese shrooms. We have tripped on LSD around 8 times, dosages varied from 100-200ugs. We have also tripped on Semilanceata. It was only around 1 gram dose. I would want to know more about the effects, doses and tips for having a nice trip. Also a bit about how toe visuals are. Me and my friends have a lot of respect for psychedelics, they are powerful.

Also, is the trip simular to Semilanceata in any way? Because tripping on those lovely shrooms was awesome even though it only was a 1 gram trip.

All tips and advice are appreciated!

Hello! Me and my friends plan on tripping on Azurescens. I would want to know dosage advice and a little about the effects of theese shrooms. We have tripped on LSD around 8 times, dosages varied from 100-200ugs. We have also tripped on Semilanceata. It was only around 1 gram dose. I would want to know more about the effects, doses and tips for having a nice trip. Also a bit about how toe visuals are. Me and my friends have a lot of respect for psychedelics, they are powerful.

Also, is the trip simular to Semilanceata in any way? Because tripping on those lovely shrooms was awesome even though it only was a 1 gram trip.

All tips and advice are appreciated!
the trips will be similar due to the same active psychedelic compound psilocybin, But azurescenes are extremely potent and well known for causing wood lovers paralysis during the trips but this will pass but can cause locking up of muscles making it impossible to move. 1-1.2g dried of azurescenes will be like eating 1.7-1.9g of semilanceata. They will come on fast after the moment of feeling any first effects. A dose of Azurescens at 1.6g will be like eating 3.5g of cubenesis which people consider a strong psychedelic trip. Id recommend 1.2-1.4g dried. The visuals on a dose like this will be apparent. Shrooms visuals are very different to LSD they have alot more color and depth very Aztec like imo. Closed eye visuals are immersive and suck you in another world leaving you feeling very relaxed. Have some nice music for the come up and mabye a room where people can go to have some alone time to sit and think if its gets overwhelming for them. Shrooms can hit in waves where for some parts you are just totally sedated into a haze on your couch or bed and with thought supression just in observation of the things they will be showing you. Other times during the trip you will have alot of stimulated thinking. Nature is pretty awesome to look at and be in while on a trip on shrooms. The trip will last around 4-6 hours.

Good information in the post above this. As TripSitter said, the trips will be largely the same as both mushroom species contains psilocin/psilocybin. However there are differences due to higher potency and different ratios of psilocin/psilocybin, as well as other less active compounds (such as 4-HO-NMT). Azurescens are considered among the strongest and most intense psilocybin mushroom species.

I haven't experienced wood lover's paralysis as I haven't taken very high of a Cyanescens dose (from what I've heard azures are more potent by weight but similar in effects dose for dose to cyanescens), but there is certainly a different characteristic to the trip than your average cubensis. I don't have enough experience with mushrooms in general to make any concrete distinctions, but its definitely different.

I once read someone describe it as wood lover's have less "dark clown energy" compared to cubensis lol, I think I can sort of get an idea of what they mean from my experiences with the two.

1g of azures is probably a good starting place. If i recall correctly they are the most potent by weight mushroom in the world, or close to.

Last edited:
Literally the strongest mushroom strain on the planet. I've never done Azurescans, but I have heard that they are very potent. The shroomery trip calculator says that they're around twice as potent as p. cubensis on average and significantly stronger than Semilanceata. It's somewhat of a rough estimate, but this calculator from the shroomery might give you some good information about dosages: https://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

As for the whole wood lovers paralysis thing, it isn't really known what causes it. Like other people said, it seems that it goes away after a period of time. Also, from reading a bit online, sometimes this can happen the next day after the trip. So, given that I'd definitely recommend not taking any crazy high doses. Probably won't need more than 1.5g or so to get where you want to be honestly, they're insanely potent.

Last edited:
I have a friend who lived in Oregon pick,, dry and gave me some Azurescens. 1/2 gram produced a trip very unlike Cubensis. I was surprised how stong they were and had a different vibe. I believe psilocybin is psilocybin across the board. I am a guy that believes in chemistry and structure, but my first Azurescens trip has me in awe. My eyes closed I saw the deepest deepest valleys that I can not explain. I have a big interest in Azurescens and I am not done seeing what they can show.

Is the OP going to come back after his/her Azurescens trip? :) Let us know.