View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Tripping in your dreams

Orbis

Bluelighter
So I was wondering about peoples' experiences with tripping in their dreams. I've been tripping a lot in my dreams lately. The thing is, the effects of the drug actually happen. There's always a few themes too. I always seem to have no connection between the amount of a drug and the effect. For example, as I'm tripping and the dream follows non-sequitars with settings and characters I'll stay on a steady level of psychedelic intensity but eat a new amount of acid in each scene, then smoke some DMT if I want to experience it, etc. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

The other thing is I always seem to have access to whatever drug it is that "feels" like it needs to be there whether or not I would feel like going through, could afford, had access to them in real life. The strange thing is I never have any pot. Or sometimes I do, but as soon as I light it I wake up.

I guess what interests me is I will actually feel the intensity of the drug. Like that feeling on acid where ignoring everything going on perceptually, it just feels really intense. That whole sort of rushing of energy where you feel sort of overwhelmed and let it settle into the background. Sort of like stimulants when you have to sit still.

Part of me knows that if someone just read about the effects of something they wouldn't actually experience it without having tried it. However, the trips are never flashbacks, but are actual new experiences. If it matters I haven't tripped in a while either so it isn't that sort of thing.

I occasionally have dreams where I trip. I know what you mean about the intensity of it being like an actual trip. Whenever I trip in a dream, the dream becomes much more vivid than my ordinary dreams, just like how an actual trip intensifies your perception of everything around you.

Tripping in my dreams is never as good as the real deal. Sometimes it's quite a frustrating experience, i.e. eating some mushrooms just before some event I really shouldn't have been tripping for.

I did however fall asleep coming up on a few tabs of LSD once and was having some pretty interesting dreams of a baby in a womb before waking up to my living room covered in geometry and not understanding what the hell was going on for about 10 seconds :p

I smoke a fair bit of pot, but a lot less now really that I've been sober (relapses occur once in a while like tonight lol) for 4 or so months. But I used morphine heavily for 12 months before my 4 months clean and still kinda trying to soldier through this. I've tried a lot of drugs but when I first began using "hard" drugs, psychedelics were my type of binge for a few months.

So...

I once had a dream (I think, which makes it really odd) that I took some shrooms and then went to bed. And so I awoke in my dream and got up and walked into the kitchen and I was tripping out at the walls and the fridge and then I went back to bed and fell back asleep again. It was sooo weird and I was so weirded out about it. But it was cool. Like, I was actually tripping out, I can feel it in my head and I remember thinking about life in the kitchen and when I opened the fridge, the light coming out looked like some sort of pathway/portal into heaven. Ha. Was kinda groovy to be honest but I haven't had a dream like that since.

I get that feeling of "going home" you get at heroic doses in dreams sometimes along with light visuals.

Just last night I experienced an out of body experience I had on 1300ug of acid in a dream.

I have tripped in dreams the dreams about tripping on acid or mushrooms were more realistic but I had them after I took both drugs a lot.

I have had dreams about drugs I have never taken such as 2C-B, and Ketamine where I tripped.

Just this week I dreamt that I stole a DOB strip from some guy at a party, and to avoid getting caught I had to take all 10.
Don't remember what happened afterwards, sadly.

also dreamed of substances I have never enjoyed IRL. dreams are great opportunities

This is the truth. I have had lots of dreams of getting drugs. Most of my dreams now that I'm sober of me being in places that have drugs trying to buy them. Sometimes in my dream I get them then still dreaming ill try to find a place to do them. I don't remember a single dream where I'm high, or get to do my drugs. Not one. In fact my dreams once drove me to relapse because it was torture. Every night these dreams that seemed real, but I never got to get high. I dunno. I often felt if I got high in my dreams I never would relapse. It might happen again. I'm not confident of staying sober. But I'll try.

The weirdest acid dream I had was when I found a door in the middle of a football field and beyond that door was a stairway leading down into an undeground dock that had a fake sky as a ceilling, I got into a little boat and ended up on a cube of water floating in whiteness

Ha - that never happens to me but i have snorted the best coke in my life in my dreams - by far, the best ever, like not even close

Never had a dream about being on a drug i guess they are usually that crazy anyways.

Will likely dream soon about this 😁

I actually had a dream recently where I took some mdma. I was force fed it though.

I didn't feel like I was really rolling. I just took it and I was at someone's party. Everyone was there. Doing the same thing.

I woke up because I knew it was a dream. I felt more like I was sleeping in bed rather than socializing and standing up lol. It was a weird feeling after taking a pill and knowing it was just a dream made it weirder. So much flashing forward or to a completely different environment.