• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J's Impossible Music Festival

I didn't really rate QOTSA :\ Especially after how fucking awesome they were at Splendour :D

RATM!!! =D Fuckin loving it :D And I'm gonna be off chops for Chemical Bros tonight ;) =D

whoops.
thought it was next week and went out and got smashed last night. Tuned in for Franz Ferdinand and thats about it I think.
Guess I won't be recording it all then

well got everything so far except RATM , Missy Higgins, Powderfinger. Can host for people somehow. Whats that program that you can send 1 gig emails with?

Otherwise...I'll chuck it up on torrent.

^^^ Do you use soulseek? If you do, any chance you could post your username here so we can get them that way?

torrents would be a better idea, especially as soon as other people have obtained the files - unless someone with a fat upload pipe wants to share them...

(soulseek doesnt work for me anymore :p)

Pillsnappa: what kbps did that record in? From the stream? if so its likely like 12 kbps or the like which kinda sucks...

Otherwise if its good qual, could you chuck em on a dvd or the like? happy to reimburse for the media/time :)

Can someone explain please how i can download this? And what the hell is torrents?

I don't cope very well with computers ... aside from typing... i kick at typing.

Lots of love flying to pillsnappa - and i too would be willing to reimburse you for the media/time if you could somehow chuck them on a dvd... etc.

^^

Ditto to that.

If you could spank them all on a dvd and post them to people, then that would be spanktastic. I'm fully prepared to reimburse for media/postage...

Let's workshop this ;)

CB :)

MoeBro said:
torrents would be a better idea, especially as soon as other people have obtained the files - unless someone with a fat upload pipe wants to share them...

exactly! soulseek sucks balls. i missed the first half of the system of a down set :X torrents are easier than postage as well.

wouldn't setting up a gmail account be the best way to host this, since not everyone has access to/knows how to use bittorrent?

i have some on tape, but ran out of cassettes :(

i have, off the top of my head, pearl jam, some of nirvana, fatboy slim, some of system of a down, and about five others.

The stream was 80 kbs and I recorded at 96kbs...so its 80 kbs overall. I have 6 'chunks' of varying size from 64meg to 400 meg.

It's on Limewire - the file names are:
impossiblemusic1
impossiblemusic2
impossiblemusic3
impossiblemusic4
impossiblemusic5
impossiblemusic6

It is probably slow...so I'll try hook up torrent link eventually.

GMAIL me... PLEASE

um...

i got Ben Harper, System, Faithless and Faith No More on tape if anyone wants any of that copied and sent, please PM me...

um, can someone please explain what to do?
I am so confused.
What is limewire?

i don't get it.

^^yeah...slow it down for the dumb kids up the back.

ps. i hate limewire therefore dont have it anymore.

Limewire is a Peer 2 Peer file sharing program. It allows you to download files off other people in the Limewire network (I think, it could be a more general network, I'm not that familiar with it)

anyway, you can download it here: http://www.limewire.com

Personally I'm going to try to download the Impossible Music Festival using a Bittorrent client.

Bittorrent is a slightly different form of file sharing in that the end result is similar, but the way you look for files and download is slightly different.. With Limewire you would just open Limewire, search for your files, then download what you can find. I would say that you would be better off downloading the Impossible Music Festival (I've seen the whole thing at about 3.2 Gig) with a Bittorrent client.

With Bittorrent you must first download a Bittorrent client (there is more than one):
ABC is a simple and reliable one to start with I think: http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/

Azureus is a good one I use but you must first download the latest Java JRE (which adds one more complication for the beginner)
http://azureus.sourceforge.net

(other clients can be found here: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/romeria/howto1.htm)

Next you must find active torrent files (.torrent files) that essentially point to the files you will to download.

www.isohunt.com can be good for finding torrents for files you may want to download

HINT The pirate bay is also good: www.thepiratebay.org
A search for "impossible music" may turn up interesting results ;)

So once you find the torrent file you want, if it hasn't already opened in your bittorrent client, open the torrent file now. Hopefully you will now be downloading. If not, please be patient because sometimes new torrents will take a while (a day or so in some cases) to "warm up" so to speak.

Please, once your download is finished, keep your bittorrent client open with that file for some time.. The reason for this is that just as you downloaded the file from other people, others must be able to download it from you.. If you download then piss off without uploading you leave other people in the lurch. So please leave your client open after your download finishes (this is known as seeding).

Anyway, that may not have made much sense. Sorry if I didn't explain too well..
More info on bittorrent can be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

Last edited:
OK...if you guys send me an email...I can give you a link for the download.
The catch is, it's limited to 25 downloads through "yousendit.com". Basically I have to send the link to everyone separately...

Yeah, thanx Pillsnappa, i got the first one, any chance you could send me the rest of the links?

Cheers mate!