• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Transdermal Buprenorphine 52.5 mcg/hr

Anonhero2

Greenlighter
Hi guys.

I actually got these because my local centre has taken two months to register me or prescribe me subutex. Actually subuxone is what I need but the regular bupe sublingual are cheaper. I having to buy this shit myself, but I've not managed to get any high for months anyway, even taking 3 x 8mg subutex pills
So I did have 10 of these patches. They worked great in eliminating withdraw, I felt mo high whatsoever even using them properly. But right now as my next available date to be put on the scheme I decided I would like to see what this high feels like.
I've tried chewing an entire patch (total 30mg) and felt nothing. But I believe oral BA is low. Sticking the patches on me doesn't produce any high I know that already but How can I extract this 30mg and get anything. Any slight high at all would be great. I'm in no danger of ODing as I've regularly had 24mg a day. And I'm gonna have to spend loads more unfortunately because the first time they could not explain why my paper work had been lost then found but not processed In 3 weeks, so I'm back to square 1 again.
So what's the safest way to get a high from this or is 1 patch just not strong enough for me?

If you've a tolerance to opiates then you're unlikely to get high off buprenorphine at any dose. Best off just avoiding withdrawal. If you do want to get high, you need to withdraw from the bupe you've been taking, it'll block any opiates you try to take.

I was under the impression that the naloxone or whatever was responsible for the blocking aspect within suboxone, not subutex? And I thought Buphrenorphone alone can make you high like any other opioid ?

No it's not new, patches have been available for several years for pain rather than ORT. And the naloxone is an antiabuse mechanism for people who might try to pin their subs. The buprenorphine is what blocks opiates.

If you've taken more than 1-2mg of bupe you'll struggle to get high. After taking 24mg you'd need dangerous doses to catch a buzz. Honestly you need to withdraw from bupe or use it to fend of withdrawals, you're not gonna get high off it.

If you have a tolerance to opiates you won't get any kind of high off buprenorphine. People who are opioid-naive or have minuscule tolerance can achieve a high, but usually at doses of .5-2mg's

Thanks guys. I wouldn't have tried higher dosages if I knew there was no recreational value. But I do need them now until I can be placed on the program to taper off, rather than spend hundreds buying it. I honestly wanted suboxone but it didn't make sense paying more for the same thing. I'll have to buy a bunch more kits to last me, the system sux in the UK.