• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol

Does anyone know if tramadol would cause withdrawal if you took it when you're getting off dope? I mean now most of the withdrawals has stopped, but i dont want to start them again by taking tramadol like i know they would if I'd taken dope now.

Tramadol is definitily a fun pill to grip occasionally. It's a really chill euphoric feeling and weed for sure enhances it.

nodnormal said:
Does anyone know if tramadol would cause withdrawal if you took it when you're getting off dope? I mean now most of the withdrawals has stopped, but i dont want to start them again by taking tramadol like i know they would if I'd taken dope now.

Depends what 'dope' ur on. If it's a strong opioid like heroin, Tramadol will not kick the withdrawal stage back to the worst stage as it is a different drug. You'll just feel better off the Tramadol if it suits you individually. However if most of your withdrawals are gone do you want to risk becoming dependent on another opiate? pro to this is that it will help you withdrawal if you are indeed taking a strong opiate. The con is that you'll have to come off the Tramadol at some point, this will not be anywhere near as bad as say heroin withdrawal. You also have a strong probability that you will become dependent on the tramadol if you've had a previous addiction. Long story short- It's up to you.

Kosloff said:
Yes Tramadol feels very different from other opioids, they are more of a mood enhancer as someone put it.
I used to take them way back just for that, doses from 200-1500mg.
Ive never had a seizure, i always combined them with anti-seizure/muscle relaxants like Diazepam and i recomend
everyone who takes Tramadol to combine them with that to lower the risk to get a seizure.

Dont know about USA but here in Sweden, some 2 years ago ALOT of people started taking Tramadol recreationally - primary kids.
Like a huge Tramadol-wave, there are still alot of recreational-tramadol-users/abusers and Everyone combines them with bensos like Clonazepam, Diazepam.

I do that, benzos plus tramadol. Today I took 500mg tramadol and 3mg clonazepam, gonna drink some later. I am kinda nodding too, i burned a hole in my clothes from a cigarette without knowing haha. Don't go over 400mg without a long lasting benzo available.

Hell, any dose I like to take with a benzo it help ward off my muscle twitches (the klonopin) even when I don't take tramadol I still get them without tramadol, I get them all the time (the twitches)

Yeah I've been told that Tram is a whole different animal next to hard opiates. Personally I like it better than codeine. I don't get any euphoria with codeine for some reason. So Tram ends up being my drug of choice. I guess maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. (That and not having a sezuire from 800 -1000mg doses)

MDPVagrant said:
BTW I had some 50mg tramadol capsules, and I found they worked best when snorted. The contents have to be chopped VERY fine with a razor blade, but once they are snorting works wonders (and hardly burns at all). It seems to have much better bioavailability that way. One 50mg capsule is probably enough for a good high, so it's probably a good way to conserve product.

P.S. I've also taken 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine in conjunction with tramadol. These two substances *greatly* increase the non-opiate effects of tramadol IMO. Beware, use with care as serotonin syndrome is possible. L-Tyrosine made the top of my head start tingling bigtime when combined with tramadol.
Oh no no no no no...I did it once and it tasted SO horrible I wanted to be sick. Plus it didn't do shit. I can't even enterain the thought of doing 400 - 800mg that way...

Also, nausea is pretty common with tram and some people don't tolerate it well and get sick. Weed can help that a bit though.

I used to frickin' love Tramadol until i moved up the opiate latter to oxy and fent. For about 2 years i was pretty addicted to tramadol. Withdrawals were just awful.

I loved the stimulant feel of it. But now even when i take it to battle withdrawal it doesn't help much but it's keep me content with a small pod dose right now and help withdrawals. But, I've been off fent for 2 days now. The come down/withdrawal has been a bitch!

But yea, i adored Tramadol. Previous to start trams my fav was Vicodin but now i can't tolerate Vics anymore, they make me sick even after a CWE.
RPG

if you haven't used tram before dont take more than 200mgs. Some people have seizzures some don't. After 4 days in a row the euphoria will be gone. Take a week off and it'll be back. Dont go takin 1500mgs instead. That will give most people a gran mal seizure!

Would tramadol be any good in helping someone through morphine withdrawals? I find codeine to work great for morphine withdrawals but ive never tried tramadol before but i can easily get the stuff..

i actually have a friend that when he runs out of his morphine script he takes tramadol to help but mind you he takes 400-550mg at once but this guy can take 200mg morphine and drive to the store

thats insane. I'm worried that if my pills come the day I have school...I might not be able to resisit and I really SHOULD give a presentation.

was here a months ago on the 29th, and they can't find it. Oh god I will kill someone. uh and I need it SO Bad right now!!!

Back to the withdrawal from other opiates...i was taking 15 10's a day from 5 :00 in the morning to around 9:00 at night...max dose was 25mg hydro and 2 soma combo. Now I have a fractured neck from an old injury and im down to bone on bone in my neck 3 vertebrae. Now some times i take 1 and 1 or 2 and 2 or what ever..I have never taken more than 2 1/2 hydro 10's at one time...My doses are spread out over a couple hours. This is a 2 year run...when I run out of hydro's early I turn to my trusty ol bottle of Tramadol....I can wait 2 weeks for a refill taking 3 50 mg Trams at a time. I never get opiate withdrawals as long as I have my handy dandy Trams...So they DO WORK and THEY DO WORK FOR WITHDRAWAL.....Hope this helps...They are good little pills to hide for a rainy day when yor out...lol

This sure is one drug which offers so many different experiences to different folks you can hardly believe it is the same substance being reported. Anyway I took 150mg on an empty stomach. Mistake. Gastritis was sharp and I am not usually prone to it. Otherwise felt like an anti-depressant mixed with an antihistamine, ie just a bunch of unpleasant side effects and not much more.

The accompanying pamphlet says it is a "pure non-selectve agonist of the µ,∂ and k opioid receptors with a higher affinity for the µ receptors." Sorry you could have fooled me.

Then I went for a walk. Mild exercise brought out some weak opioid resemblant feeling, helped along no doubt by the 150mg of Lyrica I took. After a while I got tired of this neither here nor there state and ended it with 1mg of clonazepam.

A great drug if you have nothing better to do.

Tramadol doesn't do anything for me even at the 250> doses which i take a benzo with,but don't bother with these rather have DHC

I love tramadol. It is way underrated imo, but maybe that is a good thing, as it is a schedule IV atm.

I've done a variety of opiates, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, diacetylmorphine, and codeine, and tramadol has been able to produce as quality of effects given from any one of those opiates (I'm a non-tolerant occasional user, who goes on binges when in contact). ~400mg I get stimulation when I'm busy doing something that takes concentration, or while moving, but when I'm sitting still just chilling, I'll get a very opiate like nod. Its very enjoyable for almost any activity that doesn't involve high levels of coordination or critical thinking.

I usually will dose a small dose of a benzo (though i don't like benzo opioid combinations, benzos steal opioids thunder) or ketamine to help prevent seizures.

Tramadol by itself it is a very weak opioid, but when it's converted to desmethyltramadol (M1) it is 1/6 of powerful than Morphine. At least Wikipedia says that, and I tried Oxycontin and Methadone, while nodding more with these two, I felt the same "pleasure" through my body with M1 (Tramadol fully metabolized) as with Oxycontin.
And make sure to take some benzo, even a 5g Diazepam if you're going to trip with Tramadol.

Tramadol + Promethazine + Pseudoephedrine
consumed with soda@carbonated drink

has anyone tried this combo ?

If your "into" snorting things here is what I recommend :
1 Crush 1 tramadol and sniff it.
2 Put 3 or 4 in your mouth and swallow.
3 Swallow one every 1/2 or so, it might take a few hours so be patient. I've read here on Bluelight it takes around 3 hours or so for your Liver to do it's thing.