• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol

It's subjective...I think it's about as 2/3 as strong as codeine mg per mg. Maybe weaker than that, but some really enjoy it. I've been meaning to get my hands on some to mix with my bupe as I hear it mixes well with it. When I used it without a tolerance way back when it felt like a pretty chemical like high to me. Not natural like other opiates.

Slightly off topic

Would tramadol be any good in helping someone through morphine withdrawals? I find codeine to work great for morphine withdrawals but ive never tried tramadol before but i can easily get the stuff.

Demerol is worthless in stopping morphine withdrawals as much as i like the stuff. I had some the other day and it didnt do a goddamn thing to help withdrawals. I got some codeine instead and that helped alot. It doesn't stop all the symptoms but atleast it stops the diarrhea and cold burn i always get on my skin.

Tramadol can be somewhat helpful for w/drawal- depends on the size of your habit. Personally, I only found it helpful once I was past about 36 hours - at a point when even a scrap of something would help.

To the OP- be careful with the dose, don't go above 400 mg/day.

Last edited:
How many threads do we need on tramadol here? I think this thread is better suited in the basic drug discussion forum. Mods feel free to do as you wish with this one.

-> Basic Drug Discussion

My personal experience with tramadol is that there is a peak effect, after about a week of heavy use, doesn't matter how much you take, I was up to 500mg a pop, you don't get the euphoria anymore, just the wakefulness. Unlike codeine I found that after a while, doesn't matter how much you take there's no nod etc. IMHO, if you take tramadol occassionaly, say 200mg its great, but no good for long term use, for me at least, and coming off it from a high dose gives the wd from hell, I've wd 6 times and believe me, its not pleasant, and much worse than codeine/DHC w/d.

compared to other opiates it will make you itch and throw up

im not really too into it, i like oxy and oxymorphone better

As hfrs said don't take more than 400mg/day. Though tramadol may seem weak, it doesn't mean it's not harmless. Be careful.

I had a Tramadol scrip, for chronic pain.
As I remember they were somewhat effective but in no way enjoyable.
In fact it comes as a surprise to me that they can get you buzzed.

Anyway out of the blue I had a sudden reaction that got me an ambulance ride to the ER.
It turns out that...
If you take a SSRI and take Tramadol you can occasionally get an adverse reaction that can kick your ass.

honestly tramadol gives me the best opiate high i could ever magine even better than oxycodone. with tramadol i can take an enormous dose and still feel no nausea while on oxycodone the high seems to cap off at a certain level for me because i start getting extremely sick. I took 24 50mg tramadol once it was the best opiate high of my life period. I was high all day and i felt great even afterwards. I would not reccomend it with caffeine. It tens to make my neck stiff and my throat swell i also get cold chills. Speaking also is difficult when i mix it with caffeine. I also sweat like none other. have fun its good shit. oh yeah the way i take them is by crushing them into a fine powder, dumping them into some tissue paper, and swallowing the whole thing with a glass of water.

OK, this topic has been so beat, but I'll add my 2 cents.

Tramadol for me is an interesting (opiate). Pharmacologically, it's not an opiate, but it does have some sort of affinity with the mu-opioid receptor. With a very high tolerance for opiates ( 4 OC80's / day) to practically no tolerance, I get effect from tramadol hcl. Obviously with less tolerance you're going to get more out of them. But generally no matter what my tolerance is I always take between 400-500mg, and I get something out of it. It's not like any other opiate.

For me it takes over an hour to feel the effects, and its not really like a TRUE opiate high, but its is an extreme mood enhancer, and gives you some good itchyness. It lasts for a very long time close to 6 hours for me and puts me in a great mood. It's hard to explain. It's quite stimulating for me as well. It's generally just a mood enhancer for me. You don't get FUCKED UP and nod off on them, but they are quite pleasent. I'm glad they're not a controlled substance (yet), b/c the are so easy to obtain.

Be careful b/c no matter what doc's say you CAN get physcially/mentally addicted to them. They ARE habit forming. Trust me.

Sigh why are people bitching about WDs these days.

THERE ARE NO WDS THEY ARE ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

Shoot up heroin for 2 years and then complain to me about wds...

^ Physical withdrawal can actually form within as little as 3 days of opiate use. They are certainly not just "all in your head".

its all subjective. most people either love em or hate em. i happen to like them, not as much as the stronger opiates/oids like H or oxy, but when theres nothing else, i like the high. beware though if you are prone to seizures, they lower your seizure threshold the more and more you take.

i also get horrible 'sleep' if you wanna call it that. i toss and turn pretty much all night, but that still doesnt stop me from em.

Different manufacturers pills feel so differently to me. Some feel mellow and nice, some have a dirty speedy feeling to them, some make me itch, and some make me really irritable and antsy on the comedown. Weird stuff, tramadol.