• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tramadol, Venlafaxine, Pregabalin for Neuropathy

Yes it would definitely help. I think benzodiazepines are a first line treatment for SS. It might still take a pretty hefty dose to be safe--especially if you have benzo tolerance.

This
But if you're taking doses like 1g it might not help and serotonin syndrome is another risk that won't be completely prevented by benzos as there are other symptoms like vasoconstriction, hyperthermia, tachycardia, halluciantions etc.

If it does help with the pain, sure, ask him, but tramadol can be really addictive and withdrawal can be especially bad, because you're withdrawing from an opioid and a SNRI at the same time

Edit: just alternating between tramadol and venlafaxin could still potentially result in serotonin syndrome because of half life's etc.

Well, my doc just said not to switch to tramadol because, something like "I'm not suffering so much pain yet", like telling me "come back and ask again in a few months" or something. Really weird.
Doesn't matter. Today I spent the day with no pain thanks to Venlafaxine+Pregabalin combo (with some minimum Diazepam throw out there), was able to slept like a bear on winter; the hot and sweating is somehow getting better, the only downside of Venlafaxine now is that I have to take an Aspirin after each dose or it can cause huge migraines in the front area of my head.

I'll have to switch to Codeine next time I want to get high on opiates, a little harder to get here compared to Tramadol, but I'll see what I can do...

Update: I have mixed Neuropathy. That's "focal" and "central" Neuropathy. It's not only caracterized by pain (focal backpain and mouth), but tingling of the hands and sometimes feet when putting them in a "close position" or up.
For me the Venlafaxine it's as important for depression (I know it's a hit or miss, it was totally a HIT for me, maybe it's because I was addicted to Tramadol, and feel Venlafaxine so similar, I swear), as is important for neuropathic pain. One can argue that it can't possible be better than 150mg of Pregabalin for this, and he may be right, but being able to cut my dose of Venlafaxine as I want, depending if I have to do something, go somewhere, or simply sleep, is a godsend. I can't do that with Pregabalin capsules, and even if I can, the drug takes too long to work and lasts too long too, sometimes this is a plus, sometimes not.
Lastly, I also found Venlafaxine able to control my GAD way better than Lorazepam, Clonazepam, Diazepam. Even for a sleep, a very very small dose knocks me out, while a lil' bigger dose gives me willpower to do things and be more social, and even a bigger dose with coffee can make me high for 4 hours or so.
I still need benzos though for WD purposes.
Venlafaxine+Pregabalin is a godsend combo people, I encourage anyone very depressed or with chronic pain problems to ask to try it out.

Venaflexine made me see spiders and eyeball my peep-hole cocaine-style NO good effect

Well I'm here, at the end days of my life. It's a long story, so I'll get to the point.

Indeed, LOTS of Pregabalin (1g~) with some Venlafaxine (75mg), 15~mg Lorazepam to prevent seizures, and Caffeine drinks with lots of food, it's a god send that all people who is wondering "how can I enjoy my life that I find not meaning in it?" and had done psychodelics like LSD, Ketamine, or Memantine, and have found that we all live in a meaningless timeline, should just enjoy this combo.

Just telling people. Be safe.

I just want to bump this thread to let you guys knows that I have been for almost 3 months doing high doses of Pregabalin (500mg), medium Tramadol (350mg), little Venlafaxine (75mg), Ibuprofen (400mg), Diazepam (30mg), and Clonazepam (6mg), and it has been a heavenly combo that literally saved me from clinical depression.
Sure, sometimes I didn't have all the meds, but at least once time per week for 3 months, as I said, I would begin doing this combo, and it helped me to be more productive and social.
Yes sure, I know it's dangerous, that's why the benzos, and the Pregabalin enhances the Tramadol and Venlafaxine greatly, it feels really nice.