• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol&Methadone

jambabomba

Bluelighter
Hi,

I tried to search but didn't find much info regarding this issue.

The thing is I need to switch back to Tramadol asap as that is my preferred opioid drug. I used Buprenorphine couple of months because I thought I would save a lot of money but my doses started to escalate so it started to become even more expensive than Tramadol and I quit it few days ago and started Methadone yesterday with Oxycodone.

But damn no I cannot afford Oxycodone daily so high doses (>50mg) so that is out of the question now and also I don't seem to like Methadone much even though it has this SSRI effect like Tramadol - Tramadol is so much more versatile and stimulating.. More like DXM.

Methadone has awfully long half-life so the question now is, is it safe to combine Methadone&Tramadol regarding serotonin? Well I know allmost everything is safe to combine if doses are kept small enough but I am now speaking about 15-20mg of Methadone a day and about 600mg of Tramadol a day. Of course, if those two can be mixed with lower doses I would prefer that. Like 5mg Methadone and 400mg Tramadol per day.

Or if you think that they should not be mixed at all (I am not talking about opioid interaction now but purely about serotonin interaction) then what washout time would you think would be enough for between Methadone and Tramadol? 2 days? 5 days? 7 days or more?

Thank you!

Edit: I find it strange that there are no more warnings about serotonin interactions of opioids even though they have been linked to many cases of serotonin syndromes.