• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol + Imitrex

trippieh3lix

Bluelighter
Are these two drugs safe to take together or in the same day? I read that they aren't after checking online and my doctor not saying anything to me.

I take both of these pretty close together, and I don't take more than 1 Imitrex a week.. 2 if it gets real bad. At the most I take 4-5 Imitrex a month. I take 25mgs of Tramadol every hour for 3-4 hours for my Fibromyalgia. I take them as needed but mostly finish off about 100mgs in 4 hours. I take 100mg's a day and dont go much further than.

I read on the drug interaction checker that tramadol and imitrex taken together could put you at risk for serotonin syndrome. Perhaps your doctor feels that the benefit outweighs the risk. I would run this by him to be on the safe side.

I read on the drug interaction checker that tramadol and imitrex taken together could put you at risk for serotonin syndrome. Perhaps your doctor feels that the benefit outweighs the risk. I would run this by him to be on the safe side.

Yeah, it's kind of why I'm asking here. A pharmacist I talked to said "clinically it should be a risk" but he personally didn't think so. Chiming in here since people know a lot about drugs as well, and I know it isn't something to mess with ... but wondering if it's fine to take with tramadol from time to time since I get pretty aggressive migraines and it's the only thing that works. I take tramadol everyday for my fibromyalgia and I sort of rely on it.

Just my own opinion, but I take Imitrex several times per month for aggressive migraines, combining it with whatever other medications I happen to be taking. For several years I was taking Tramadol for pain 3x daily---can't remember the dose--so I must have taken the two together. I never had any issues with it. I was always a little worried about having a seizure with the Tramadol, especially when I went through a period of detoxing off Xanax, but fortunately never had any. I'm so thankful for Imitrex--used to spend several days a month lying in a dark, silent room just trying to not throw up and feeling like my head was going to explode. Nothing, not morphine, methadone, Dilaudaid, nothing could stop that pain until it just decided to go away. With Imitrex, as long as I take it quickly enough, it stops the headache from ever developing--miracle drug! I did eventually stop taking the Tramadol and switch to something that I didn't have so many worries with. Back then hardly anyone had ever even heard of it, but now I guess it's pretty popular. Hmmm...

Just my own opinion, but I take Imitrex several times per month for aggressive migraines, combining it with whatever other medications I happen to be taking. For several years I was taking Tramadol for pain 3x daily---can't remember the dose--so I must have taken the two together. I never had any issues with it. I was always a little worried about having a seizure with the Tramadol, especially when I went through a period of detoxing off Xanax, but fortunately never had any. I'm so thankful for Imitrex--used to spend several days a month lying in a dark, silent room just trying to not throw up and feeling like my head was going to explode. Nothing, not morphine, methadone, Dilaudaid, nothing could stop that pain until it just decided to go away. With Imitrex, as long as I take it quickly enough, it stops the headache from ever developing--miracle drug! I did eventually stop taking the Tramadol and switch to something that I didn't have so many worries with. Back then hardly anyone had ever even heard of it, but now I guess it's pretty popular. Hmmm...

Thank you! I've taken it without many issues or realizing, but I've had it 2 times this week and my headaches haven't really stopped. However I don't have any signs of symptoms of serotonin syndrome or sweats, or shakes.. so just keeping a close eye on it. I have to take another migraine med and I take tramadol and sometimes it'll knock my headache out before it gets bad, however have to take another imitrex again tonight because my headache just isn't going away. Gonna try to space the tramadol apart by at least a few hours and suffer with the migraine a bit longer so I can take the imitrex