• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tramadol for concentration and studying

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hi everyone!
I've been experimenting with tramadol for the last week. I have no tolerance and it takes me 200-400mg to feel the effects.
I found that tramadol really enhances focus and concentration for me. I usually take 20-30 mg adderall to finish hard assignments or study for tests.
When I take tramadol it really clears my head and makes me focus in a similar way to stimulants. However its not as intense and doesn't give you this "robot" feel. I know tramadol is much more addictive and much more dangerous to use long term. But i found it much more pleasant for finishing hard assignments than stimulants. It doesn't make me shaky and feels much cleaner. And theres no comedown! :)
I just wanted to share my positive experienced with everyone on this forum :) Feel free to share your tramadol experience and whether it enhances your concentration.
Thank you,
g_dan

oddly enough Tramadol is also less euphoric for me than adderall or ritalin. It doesn't make music enjoyable like stims and doesn't give me this rush and excitement after finishing a hard task

Tramadol is my favourite drug, but I can't study on it. It just makes me want to smoke lots of menthol cigarettes and watch music videos on youtube.

Listen:

I've been you. I've used it daily for over a year, 600mg and up. Recall that the maximum safe dosage is 400mg.

The eventual comedown is LEGIT awful once you get seriously into it. People who say otherwise have likely not been properly hooked. And this is true in my experience even with tapering. You will develop all kinds of mood issues and your concentration will suffer for a long time. If you doubt this, look for "Emily's Posts" on Tramadol ; another addict.

P.S: It stops working, obviously, once you get into the habit. And although you feel there isn't a comedown, that WILL come once you are hooked / in a routine with it.
If this is a harm reduction forum, which it is, then I would tell anyone to avoid, avoid, avoid habitual tramadol use. It cost me far more than it ever gained me.

In terms of pharmacology, Tramadol is anything but clean - it is a synthetic opiate, and works on 9+ other receptors. And the seizure risk alone - and you are STARTING at 400mg - is serious. A real seizure can kill you.

Unlike opiate withdrawal, the acute from tramadol lasts weeks and the depression/anxiety that followed it (for many people - not all) after long term use is right up there.

Find another way man. Modalert + Theanine for example. There are other ways of achieving your current state.

Last edited:
One more post for you g_dan1 who seems to think you have a good thing going on with this stuff. Harm reduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBJl0IDK3Jg

This guy tapered down to 25mg per day before jumping off. It was followed by depression, pain, etc, as described in his follow up comments.

Read his follow up comments in the video, and read other people describing it as "hell on earth" to stop etc. Even those who couldnt get high from it.

It's just all around NOT a good long term solution for concentration man.

One more post for you g_dan1 who seems to think you have a good thing going on with this stuff. Harm reduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBJl0IDK3Jg

This guy tapered down to 25mg per day before jumping off. It was followed by depression, pain, etc, as described in his follow up comments.

Read his follow up comments in the video, and read other people describing it as "hell on earth" to stop etc. Even those who couldnt get high from it.

It's just all around NOT a good long term solution for concentration man.

Thanks for your response man! Yes i totally understand and agree with you on this topic. I read several threads about tramadol withdrawals and it sounds like total hell. In no way I am planning to take this long term. As a matter of fact, I only have about 40 pills left and I don't use it more than 3 times a week. I have no further access to it. I just wanted to share my experience and see what people think. Once again thank you for your concern and warning about the dangers of tram.
- g_dan

I can see Tramidol helping with concentration, just make sure you're spacing out your days of usage. Jsut don't take them for more than 4 days in a row and out the amount of days you took them for in between your next dose to stay psychically nondependant

What was the comedown like for you? All i feel the next day is a nice after glow. One time i got a hangover headache and felt really nauseous. I took benadryl and i was fine

He's talking about using for 3 weeks in a row and having withdrawals. The comedown for me is basically like any other opiate, which is basically nothing other than a bit of morning sickness the next morning.

3 times a week for 3 weeks produces withdrawals? wow didn't think that would be enough. I'll just cut it to 1 or 2 times a week then. until I run out... haha

Tramadol is one of those drugs I frankly wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

It's supposedly a "weak" opiate, but many of the experiences I've read seem to suggest quite otherwise. It's also an SRA - a mechanism shared by drugs like MDMA and MDAI, which give a similar "afterglow" to what you describe, and seems to produce the same subsequent intense depression, albeit even longer lasting. It's an opiate agonist and serotonin releaser rolled into one, and I've heard people compare the withdrawal to severe benzo withdrawal, and even morphine or heroin withdrawal. Honestly, to me this sounds like potential addictive hell in a pill.

Last edited:
I used to use tramadol for studying. That honeymoon phase was very short.

3 times a week for 3 weeks produces withdrawals? wow didn't think that would be enough. I'll just cut it to 1 or 2 times a week then. until I run out... haha
Oh my bad I didn't see the 3 times a week part for whatever reason. That is definetly not enough to produce withdrawals. What do you mean by the comedown because usually opiates only make you a bit sick the next morning sometimes, other than that there is no real comedown. Maybe you were getting used to taking tram those days and felt a bit depressed when you didn't have them to take?

The sezuire risk is real..over 400mg

ive done a lot of drugs and tramadol is the sketchiest for sure

be honest with yourself the assignments are easier to finish because you are high and in a good mood not due to enhancing concentration

be honest with yourself the assignments are easier to finish because you are high and in a good mood not due to enhancing concentration
And if you're not getting addicted you shouldn't need to ever take over 400 mgs.

It's funny because I was doing 400mg-500mg for about 2 months without a break then my stash ran out and I had to quit cold turkey and I didn't experience any negative withdrawals or any negative effects while on it other than a dry mouth and found it harder to orgasm.

Guess I'm the lucky ones.

Yes it is very real, I haven't had a seizure on tram but I believe I was close to having one on several occasions. I would get real twitchy, uneasy, and I just had this strange sixth sense feeling I was on the verge of having a seizure and my body was fighting itself not to have one. Stay under 400mg, I always had good experiences under 400mg. If you have clonazepam it will lower your chances of seizing as well potienating the tram.

My first experience i got a strong euphoria and nod going for 45 mins then i dosed 2 more got really sick threw up 4 times and sweated like it was 100° bu in reality it was like 60.... Never dosed above 500mg again