• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Tramadol and Suboxone

So for the past few years I have been a heavy H user. It started with pills, due to the fact I have a bunch if significant pain inducing medical problems. I had cleaned up before for about 9 months, and around March started using again.
Anyway to my point, I am about 60 days clean, on 8mg of Suboxone daily, and after a recent trip to an orthopedic DR I found out I have very bad Carpal Tunnel, I broke my toe, and I have bad arthritis in my neck and back.
I have been prescribed 50mg Tramadol, which I have been on before just never at the same time as being on Suboxone.
From what I have read most people seem to have no problem taking them together, not in any particular order. But because I am afraid of being in even more pain than I'm already in I want to ask: if the day before yesterday I took an 8mg Sub. In the morning, and then took 100mg of Tramadol at night and I was fine. But all day yesterday because I took the Tramadol first I didn't want to take my Sub. So now this morning I am in the same problem as yesterday, I have taken 100mg of Tramadol. Would it be safe to take my Sub. At all today, or would I have to wait? I am sorry to be asking something that has already been gone over I am just nervous.

You were prescribed tramadol by a doctor that knew you were on suboxone?

Yes, the same DR prescribed both. He has been the one helping me with pretty much all of my post addiction problems.
During my earlier go around with getting clean, he was giving me Vivitrol injections into my butt once a month so I couldn't use. But he had me occasionally taking Tramadol during that period of 6 months when my pain from my Lupus and arthritis was too much to handle and it worked.

The last two injections I received in Dec. 2011 and Jan 2012 abscessed, and became infected with MRSA, which I carry, and I was forced to have 5 major surgeries on the injection sites, which was very painful in itself which is why I was out back on things like Percocet which began the whole downward spiral again.

I have 15x100mg ER Tramadols laying around and I am on bupe daily, 1mg snorted every morning. Just wondering if anyone who is also at such low doses has took Tramadol with Suboxone and how many mg's are needed to achieve the Tramadol high. I am too, one of these people who could get amazing highs on Tramadol before I found a dope source. That was actually the first thing ever that got me into opiates. I remember taking 200mg and just feeling wonderful and later on doses like 500-600mg combined with Xanax gave me better euphoria than dope... But yeah now I am on Suboxone and wondering what dose should I take.

Last Sunday, I did speed the night before and then took 1mg of Suboxone in the morning and few hours later 400mg of Tramadol combined with 1mg of Xanax but got no opiate effects. Could it be that Speed drained all my dopamine/serotonin (dont know exactly how it works) and thats why Tramadol didn't work because I have read people on higher doses of Suboxone getting high from like 200mg of Tramadol combined with like 2mg of Sub...

My tolerance can be measured around that I am taking 1mg Suboxone snorted daily and feeling 100% and I am ready to drop to 0.5mg soon.

Should I try again?

I dont know if its mentioned in this thread or not (sorry), but Tramadol's
main active metabolite is a 'mu full receptor agonist'.

I don't have a whole lot i can contribute here but i'll try.

First of all i got a bottle of those 200mg XR tramadols once, i would chew them even though they were SUPER hard and tasted like battery acid.

I chewed three of them at 3am in w/d one night and all it did was stop my RLS which was actually helpful.

Anyways, i don't think the tramadol is going to give you a whole lot of trouble. In comparison to buprenorphine its like a marble to a boulder.

I would wean yourself off the trams first and then go for the bupe. Hopefully someone else has something more worthwhile.

This may have been already brushed upon in this rather large thread but just in case :
Tramadol may be weak in opiate like effects but be careful the withal the withdrawal is very bad. Id consider it a mix between morphine, effexor, and maybe small benzo habit. You may not understand it or believe me but it's true
Good luck

The Cure

Would trams help with sub withdrawals? Anyone tried? I am looking for any helpful meds including trams for the very near future unfortunately....
Just thought I would point this out on the using of opioids to taper off other
Opioids phenomenon. People were addicted to opium. To get off opium they used morphine. Morphine became a horrible addiction so heroin was invented and touted as the cure. Turns out heroin addiction was horrible so to get off heroin of course methadone! Wait methadone withdrawal isn't a softer cure as advertised! Let's try buprenorphine? Of course buprenorphine withdrawal was advertised as mild. Wait it turns out bupe withdrawal is pretty damned rough! Hmm tramadol. Originally advertised as mildly addictive. Once again a horrid and even possibly the most dangerous withdrawal out of the lot! Does anyone notice a trend? Are the pharmaceutical companies maybe trying to make money off of our misery? These are all thoughts that one should entertain when deciding what the new Cure should be. I'm not preaching but have been through all of this myself and I want to spare others from making similar mistakes.
Will tramadol help you to get off the previous drug? It's likely. But what are you going to use to get off of tramadol and so on and so forth ad infinitum
Best of luck honestly

^ I agree to some extent. Buprenorphine however is an odd duck , it has significantly less side effects than morphine and is a improvement in my book of course it's not exactly new (been around for 40 years) and it is is liable to abuse by the non-tolerant and the wd are long . However for maintenance purposes it is a huge improvement over methadone. Heck they should even use it exclusively in the hospital would save a lot of lives (with the right antidote on stock)

Tramadol should be a standard drug used for helping people get off suboxone and ease the w/ds from bupe w/d. It's worked wonders for many on here, as we basically know everything there is to know about any substance in this BL community.. :D ....

PS - and if you have access to some benzo's those would also be helpful for the first couple weeks of sub w/ds.. Benzo + trams + supplements/vitamins(Magnesium + Potassium Gluconate is good for RLS) + hot showers/baths = A easier detox off bupe, but i assure you even with the tram and benzos you will still feel like complete shit just not as bad as if you had nothing at all..

I have a question, because I've read this thread several times now and I haven't seen anyone answer it to my satisfaction. I ask this question because I am currently running low on my 8/2mg suboxone sublingual strips and would like to use the 30 or so trams I have to get me to my next refill date.

My question then, is this:

Can I, take 100-300mg of tramadol (while being stone sober from my last strip - say early morning) and then take my 8mg sub strip, say, 4-6 hours later without the fear of PW? I see people saying you can take them together, no problem, and taking them after the strip is pleasing, but I've yet to hear anyone come out, and in intelligible, plain english, say that you can take the trams a few hours before the suboxone film, get baked or whatever, and then take the strip before being completely in WD from the tramadol. Is this the case?

I'm asking because I would LIKE to take the tramadol I have in place of my morning 8mg strip for a day or two (so that I have enough until my next rx date), and then take my nightly 8mg dose of suboxone/nalaxone ~6-8 hours later per my usual schedule.

Thank you and much respect for anyone who can answer this question... There's a lot of people on here who talk like they're typing with their elbows and I don't know what to make of some of it. When I think about the potential suckiness of PW's... Well, I just wanted to make sure.

Same here man, I've been taking Tramadol rather erratically for a long,long time and when it's over it's over,no discomfort,no WDs,nothing...but yeah,always in combination with Bupre and at relatively low doses(200mgs or even less) ...lol,the other day I read some stuff about some dude who was doing like 1.5 GRAMS of Tram/daily,I mean ,Wtf,if you're that reckless or whatever, it might just be kinda awkward to quit.As for the synergy,it's definitely a thumbs up if you wish to add some "colour" to your Subs.

I was one of those guys who always got the most amazing high from Tramadol. I started taking it after a shoulder injury, and being opioid naive, I quickly discovered that 100mg of Tramadol would make me feel fucking great... and for the longest time too... like 12 hours, or even all day long. Euphoria, extraversion (introvert by nature), feelings of well being... the whole 9. Well, after a few days, I wanted to see how good I could feel, so I went up to 150mg, then 200mg.... Wow... Bliss. Thing is, the tolerance kept getting in the way and before I knew it I was taking 8 pills a day (400mg) just to get high.

That was when I switched from being a guy who took Tramadol to feel great, to being a guy who took Tramadol to stave off any WD's, which, for me, were the most horrible feeling in the world. The worst pain, RLS, upper respitory issues, body aches, ringing ears, electric shocks, etc., etc.... So I kept on increasing the dose. Nine... Ten, 11, 12, 13, 15, 20, 25... Just before I tried to find help (and found it with a very good doc prescribing suboxone), I was taking 32 50mg trams a day. 25 or 26 in the morning in one huge handful, followed by 6 or 7 at night before bed. And that didn't even get me high. Just sort of made me space out for an hour... but it was keeping the WD's away.

Anyway, this thread has been a wealth of information... I hope someone can answer my question above.

Also, as an aside, to the guys discussing dosage much earlier in this thread, I can attest to the less is more idea with suboxone. If I take my 2 8mg strips daily as prescribed I don't get much of a buzz, but if I take a quarter of a strip or half in the morning, and perhaps wait a few hours after I start to feel uncomfortable, that 8mg strip at night hits pretty damn hard then and that doesn't seem to go away... Not even weeks later. Still getting a buzz. It's a big waste to double-dose or anything like that... much better to follow the less is more ideology.

I don't know if this is out of place, but I personally felt tramadol to be a bit of a lifesaver a few years back. I was prescribed 8mg suboxone a day, but it wasn't enough, so I scored an extra 10 mg of subutex a day, which I IV'd. This went on for a good couple years, I'd become dependent on the larger dose of 18 mgs a day. That was until my subutex supplier got swooped by the pigs; he was fronting brown as well, and got sent down for 4 years. So, I went from 18 mg to 8 mg, then my doctor reduced me by a further 2. I was not feeling good, my reduced bupe was not holding me, it wasn't full WD, but I felt bad nonetheless. So, grasping for straws I started using tramadol, cause I have a regular supply. I wasn't expecting them to do shit honestly, but I'd take 6 pills and feel great for the rest of the night, quite euphoric in fact. It really got me through some tough months until I adapted to my reduced sub dose (eventually they put me back up to 12 mg).

I weaned myself of the tramadol with no problems, I may still take a couple now and again though. Obviously, I can't stay on sub forever, but I find it very, very reassuring to know I've got something I can take that will pretty much eliminate any discomfort I'll feel as I reduce to low doses. I'm not sure how effective they'll be when I jump from 2 mg of bupe to zero, but I have a lot of lope and kratom to help me out there.

Can someone plz answer a few of my questions. Swim had replase on to heroin (smoking in cigs) to abt twice a week. When he started feeling some withdrawals he used tramadol in the days between. This went on for a month, then when the trams were not effective enough he used 0.6 to 0.3 mg of bupes (IM) in the days between. About two weeks ago he decided enough was enough and stopped H. He tapered on bupes quite fast. 0.6 mgs for two days, 0.3 mgs for 6 days and then took trams 100mg for the next 6 days. Tapering trams as well now, he took only 30mg for the last two days (each). But these damn hype Withdrawals don't seem to end. He is taking clopazepam, 2mgs a day to remain sane and 10-20mg valium per night to pass those 12 hours. Three days ago he did collapse from the chills and cold that he used H for a day. But he is certain that did not prolong the bup Ws, only helped get through his terrible day. Its been about 7-9 days off bups, where he was using on average 0.5 mgs a day at MAX and he did that for only two weeks tops. Now all he has to cope with are Goosebumps and the cold, and also weakness but that is ok. He has another for days before he has to resume his regular life, family, office, etc. What do U guys think will be his state then and how far has he come? When do the chills end? As far as he knows he is motivated to go all the way. And seriously, do only 14 days of hype use cause such long withdrawls?

Been another day. Did not take any opiates at all. RLS and the cold really get to me. I'm going for some electrolyte detox tomorrow. Hope that helps, im heard good things. Can some please answer my questions above. Will 2 weeks be enough to eliminate my 14 day use of 0.3mg bupe??? Please do reply! Anyone!!

I have been addicted to opiates for 20 years...I am now on suboxone and have severe back pain so the doc prescribes tramal...I'll be honest,I'm also trying to get high...he's upped my tramal from 100mgs to 200 mg tablets,I normally take 1000mgs and dont even feel it...can anyone tell me how you get a high whilst on suboxone combined with tramal and also,how do I start a thread in the suboxone area. I am a new member here. Cheers.i'm on 28 mgs of suboxone