• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids trading problems?

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Can someone explain why people say " you can become dependant on loperamide or kramtom or anything else used to taper/maintain? Unless I missed something key, I am dependent on opiods. My body really doesn't seem to care which I take. I have easily switched from i.v. daulided in hospital back to hydrocodone at home with 0 w.d.s ( the longest was for a month and a half but dosed every 2.5 hours). I was in agony with a very rare stomach infection after surgey. i would litterally wake up hit the button they would come with meds and i would nod back out. toward the end of that stay they moved it to every 4 hours but still I went home with 10/325 vicodin and was fine. So, am I just lucky or is there really no reason to be concerned about " trading problems"?

Yes I know things like methadone may be more of a problem since they are long acting and yes I found that normal doses of codiene didnt cover me while I was in the UK... but my point is I don't think I can become dependent on say lope because I already am dependent on it? It's like being worried about becoming a girl. Have I got it wrong?

Last edited:
The point people are making is that if you are trying to quit an addiction then you may develop another addiction in the process if you take those substances.

Ya I think it's a saying that's often said to people new to opioid dependency or don't know anything about the chemistry of it.

I.e some one says " I'm thinking of Quiting my habit of sniffing 160 mgs of oxycodone everyday, can I use tramadol to not feel sick until the oxy withdrawal is done, then I will just quit the tramadol"

So I would say "ur just trading one for the other,tramadol is an opioid and will help prevent withdrawal and maintain the physical dependence"

No what I'm sayin?