• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Took too much oxycodone

Eddie k

Greenlighter
I took 30mg of oxycodone without enough of an opiate tolerance. (I usually dose around 15mg at a time and space out taking more.) I went from feeling amazing, to feeling pale and shaky. Does anybody know what I can do to help feel better/ get it out of my system faster?

Well the best thing to take is narcan. That will give you a definitely survival rate. From my experience OD on opioids I wouldn’t go that far unless you’re also experiencing a lot of difficulty breathing. That being said. I’ve experienced the death rattle and survived without narcan. I puked. I was pale and shakey. I couldn’t breathe. I decided not to die and took my asthma puffer and fell asleep. Woke up six hours later. I mean. It was a gamble. I could have not woken up. If you can get some narcan or get to a hospital that is your best chance of survival. The worst thing you can do is take anything else. Even caffeine etc could make your heart fail. I would suggest a nap and a prayer that you wake up if you refuse to go the narcan route.

Well the best thing to take is narcan. That will give you a definitely survival rate. From my experience OD on opioids I wouldn’t go that far unless you’re also experiencing a lot of difficulty breathing. That being said. I’ve experienced the death rattle and survived without narcan. I puked. I was pale and shakey. I couldn’t breathe. I decided not to die and took my asthma puffer and fell asleep. Woke up six hours later. I mean. It was a gamble. I could have not woken up. If you can get some narcan or get to a hospital that is your best chance of survival. The worst thing you can do is take anything else. Even caffeine etc could make your heart fail. I would suggest a nap and a prayer that you wake up if you refuse to go the narcan route.
Thanks, I really appreciate the quick response on this one. I’m not worried about an OD at this point, I’m not having any trouble staying awake or breathing, just feeling a bit weak and want to shake the feeling. If it gets worse though I’ll consider it.

I think you’ll be okay, 30mg isn’t really OD territory for a normal physiology but it is enough to make you a little ill if not so tolerant. Sip water, sit it out, couple hours you’ll feel alright bl most likely. If worried keep someone with you or in the phone.

You kind of just have to ride it out. Mild non life threatening opiate overdoses can make you feel like serious shit and I really haven't found a way around them other than prevention

Sit on a chair with your eyes closed. Breath in a slow controlled fashion, in through the nose and out through the mouth. You'll feel better pretty quickly.

Pale and shakey? It sounds like ur running low on glucose too, drink some Lucozade or something else with a high sugar content.