• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Took Diflucan for week, been over 8 days since last dose, should I be able to take...

Ringo88

Bluelighter
Hydrocodone now? Diflucan has a long half life, and I took it everyday for 7 days. It's been over 8 days since my last dose, though, and I wondered if it should be out of my system now to where I could dose Hydro? Only 10-15mg. It says it can interact with it badly, increasing the blood levels, and I take Valium on top of it.

Anyone have any idea?

Didn't know there was a reaction between the two, but yeah I would think you'd be in the clear. I was under the impression that fluconazole remained in the system for about 7 days.

Yeah, it can increase the blood levels of Hydrocodone, apparently significantly. Well, 30m into dosing 5mg, and I feel fine. I called my local pharmacies to double check, should be out of my system. Thanks for the reply!

Glad you're all set OP. Just for information's sake, did you notice any significant amount of potentiation?

Glad you're all set OP. Just for information's sake, did you notice any significant amount of potentiation?

No, I really didn't. Granted, it had been 8 days since my last dose of Diflucan, so I'm guessing most of, if not all was out of my system.

^Right, that's what I figured. Generally when something is found to be a potentiator of something through metabolic process, it's usually not very extreme. Cimetidine (Tagamet) for instance, is a well known potentiator of Methadone, among many other drugs, but even if a high dose is taken, I doubt that the effects of the Methadone are potentiated by more than 10% - 15%.

The half live is 20-50 hours and the rule of thumb is that a takes around 5-7 half lives 'till a drug is out of your system, so 8 days is more than enough