• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

took 6 hits of acid this am, I am on Abilify

thedawn

Bluelighter
Hey all, I take Abilify and Paxil which blocks LSD but just now I took 6 hits hoping to "break through".
I will post soon about if it works.
love,

Yeah abilify makes tripping very hard and you don't get the full experience generally.

two hours later and I'm def tripping.
but. mild.
no visuals or anything like that.
Abilify is one serious blocker damn
Hey man, the fact that you felt anything means that you could overpower the abilify I think.

(Please correct me I feel I’m wrong about this guys) though, I’m pretty sure that lsd has a ceiling effect. Basically this means that a thing a certain dosage, taking more Doesent increase the intensity of effects, it just increases the duration.

mushrooms and San Pedro don’t need have that problem though (I don’t think), so you should go buy a bunch of mushrooms, and try those.

My girlfriend takes pristiq, risperodone, and I think a couple other antidepressants and antipsychotics. she has found that mushrooms work for her. I mean they don’t seem like they do as much to her as they do to me, she seems normal to me, and this is after taking like 2 grams I think.

Come to think about it, when she tried San Pedro, she said she felt nothing after taking I think a foot made into tea, which is about an average dose, probably equivalent to about 1-2 grams of good quality mushrooms. So maybe depending on the anti-psychotic/anti-depressant and the persons individual chemistry, one psychedelic might work while another one does nothing, and maybe the thirds effects would be dampened. This is just semi educated guessing, but i think it would be worth trying more than one psychedelic, you might have better luck with a different one, who knows, it’s not like this has really ever been seriously studied in a lab or anything.

Basically, just go get mushrooms, dmt, or San Pedro, And take a high dose, and if that doesn’t do enough, wait two weeks and take more.

Well, I mean if you pick dmt, I think you could just wait a couple hours, pretty sure tolerance drops pretty rapidly with that one.

Mushroom spores can Be bought online legally in America, as can San Pedro. And there are numerous plants containing dmt sold legally online.

If you decide on growing mushrooms, Shroomery.org is a really good source of information about consuming and growing magic mushrooms

Btw, beware buying “LSD” nowadays, it’s usually not lsd, and is some random possibly dangerous Rc psychedelic phenethylamine. The fact that you take psych meds makes me more afraid of a dangerous side effect, who knows what will happen when you mix the two. One drug that has been sold as lsd many time in the past is 25-I, which if taken at dosages above around 4 mg (only 4x the dosage required to trip) starts to cause lethal overdoses, with fun symptoms like seizures, strokes, and brain damage. If you like lysergamides, you could always buy hawaiian baby wood rose seeds (lysergic acid amide, feels different than lsd, but it’s still in the same family), there’s also a rc out right now called ALD-25, which metabolizes into lsd, and probably some other drugs. Though who knows, not enough study has been done on ALD-25, could be dangerous in the long run, though so far I haven’t heard anything bad about it. I think you’d be better off buying that, and atleast being semi sure what your taking. Fuck buying street drugs nowadays, never know what your gonna get, everything’s lace s with fent or is straight Rcs or something else fucked up. Course I’m exaggerating, I’m sure there’s still good drugs and good dealers left out there, but why risk it when you can just buy drugs that are in the legal gray area, or are prescribed by a doctor. Idk about you, but I wanna live to be an old addict, dying of old age, not dead before 30 from an overdose on a drug I didn’t even know I was taking.

I’m not judging, just trying to help, I had a really really bad trip from 25-I last time I took it, I took a full hit I think, and my brother and sister each took 3/4th of a hit. They felt nothing, I, on the other hand, was stuck for about 12 hours in this wierd fucked up “psychedelic” head space. You know that anxiety you get on the come up from psychedelics? Imagine that never stopping the whole trip, not only that, but it’s WAY MORE intense than normal come up anxiety, and there’s no visuals, or introspection, euphoria, or any of the enjoyable helpful effects os psychedelics, oh and time was still really fucking dilated. It was fucking horrible, and I struggled the whole time not to commit suicide. It left me with this wierd schizo kinda feeling for years after, i guess you’d call that HPPD? It’s 100% better now, but this is a decade later. I think it lasted for maybe as little as a year or as long as four years, I can’t remember exactly, it got better slowly over time, and sometimes it was hard to distinguish between the withdrawals/side effects of all the other drugs I took regularly at the time (I was prescribed a bunch of fun stuff, valium30 mg a day, subutex 16 mg/day, adderall 20 mg/day, lyrica I think 400 mg/day, And somewhere around 100-300 mg seoquel per day, And I got high on top of all those scripts, I didn’t take the full dosages since I wanted to stock pile them,but I definitely took enough to be physically addicted)

Also, if you decide you want to make ayahuasca with the dmt, DONT, you have to mix MAOI drugs(acquired from other legal herbs bought online) with it, it’s the only way to make dmt orally active, but it would probably be fatal if you took an MAOI with your psych meds, you can’t even mix them with chocolate, or milk, or coffee (caffeine, theobromine, and tryptophan can be fatal when mixed with a MAOI).
So yah, if you want dmt, just extract it and smoke it.

Sorry for the text wall, I’m tweaked out right now

Last edited:
The SSRI is blocking just as much if not a bit more I think, and abilify strengthens the effects of SSRIs I think. For some reason Prozac isn't listed in the classic Reddit graph but I think I've read of people having trouble tripping while on that. I personally was able to trip fine on mushrooms, but when I took an SNRI, I was unable to break through on 50mg of DMT which sent me into the most hellish psychedelic experience possible, took me awhile before I was able to use DMT again.

You mean ALD52 which hydrolyses into lsd ...not ald25?.Its not new was synthesised many many moons ago 'sunshine makers 'tim scully or sands i believe ...memory impairment getting older lol...

You mean ALD52 which hydrolyses into lsd ...not ald25?.Its not new was synthesised many many moons ago 'sunshine makers 'tim scully or sands i believe ...memory impairment getting older lol...
That might Be it, oh, I didn’t know, I just recently saw it on a rc websit like a year and a half ago. I would have thought it would have been illegalized by now if it was old. Maybe we’re thinking of two different drugs?

What is hydrolysis btw? I’ve read that word on here more than once, I’m assuming it has to do with water

The SSRI is blocking just as much if not a bit more I think, and abilify strengthens the effects of SSRIs I think. For some reason Prozac isn't listed in the classic Reddit graph but I think I've read of people having trouble tripping while on that. I personally was able to trip fine on mushrooms, but when I took an SNRI, I was unable to break through on 50mg of DMT which sent me into the most hellish psychedelic experience possible, took me awhile before I was able to use DMT again.
What happened instead of the breakthrough? Why did not breaking through give you a bad trip? Seems like a bad trip would be less likely since the effects were partially blocked?

Ugh what a bad post, barely coherent rambling and full of misinfo...
I feel like your being rude on purpose, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt in case I’m wrong, and your actually trying to give constructive criticism.

I am on speed right now, so if I rambled, that’s why, sorry if it made it hard to read. I already tend to ramble while sober, speed makes it worse.

how was it barely coherent though? I felt like I explained myself well, what information did I give that wasn’t true? Could you please be specific, and give the right information(or w/e you think the right information is) so that I don’t spread false information in the future.
I read over it, I couldn't find much that I was unsure of. Are you talking about the lsd ceiling effect thing? I’m going off anecdotal information on that, so I put that I was unsure of that.

If my first impression was right, I really don’t care if your rude that much, just try to be constructive about it. I posted here for information, I’m open to admitting I’m wrong and changing the post if I am. But if your not going to offer any sort of advice or information, and your just going to try to insult me, why post? I have just as much right to ask for information here as anyone else. If it wasn’t for people like me who use speed, this site would get a whole lot less traffic. I do t want to argue with anyone or exchange insults over the Internet, it’s a waste of my time and yourself, so please don’t reply if that’s what your here for.

This is my thread, and I only want helpful, non judgmental replies

^^ It was a rude post and I deleted it. Some people have nothing better to do than to read threads and throw insults. My motto is : If ya don't like a post or disagree with it just scroll on by. There's 5000 other posts to read. Just run along and be on our merry way.

Sticks and stones and all that....................blow it off.

And unless your alt is thedawn...........this isn't your thread.

Last edited:
^^ It was a rude post and I deleted it. Some people have nothing better to do than to read threads and throw insults. My motto is : If ya don't like a post or disagree with it just scroll on by. There's 5000 other posts to read. Just run along and be on our merry way.

Sticks and stones and all that....................blow it off.

And unless your alt is thedawn...........this isn't your thread.
I got the thread mixed up with a different one lol, oh well, he was still rude, thanks for your help, even though I claimed ownership of thedawns thread haha. 🙂

Ya I hate it when people do that, it’s like really? You have nothing better to do with your day than this?

What happened instead of the breakthrough? Why did not breaking through give you a bad trip? Seems like a bad trip would be less likely since the effects were partially blocked?
If you almost breakthrough but don't, you're in what's called the "waiting room" and it's one of the most traumatic experiences you can have. Being almost fully gone but still there, you really do feel/think you are dying and going crazy. That's the problem with DMT: not doing enough. If you're freaking out, you didn't do enough. I find 5mg can make me feel panicky but 10mg makes me feel incredibly euphoric. 20-30mg is a heavier trip but I still enjoy it. Was able to breakthrough with just 30mg a few times, so that goes to show how needing 50mg to begin with was already higher than most people would need I think.

This is pretty typical.

Aripiprazole (Abilify) is classified as an antipsychotic. Antipsychotics are pretty well-known to block the effects of psychedelic drugs. Also, antidepressants like Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI) will block out the more intense features of a psychedelic experience. You'll still trip somewhat. Like you've experienced, this trip is often mild.

I feel like your being rude on purpose, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt in case I’m wrong, and your actually trying to give constructive criticism.

I am on speed right now, so if I rambled, that’s why, sorry if it made it hard to read. I already tend to ramble while sober, speed makes it worse.

how was it barely coherent though? I felt like I explained myself well, what information did I give that wasn’t true? Could you please be specific, and give the right information(or w/e you think the right information is) so that I don’t spread false information in the future.
I read over it, I couldn't find much that I was unsure of. Are you talking about the lsd ceiling effect thing? I’m going off anecdotal information on that, so I put that I was unsure of that.

If my first impression was right, I really don’t care if your rude that much, just try to be constructive about it. I posted here for information, I’m open to admitting I’m wrong and changing the post if I am. But if your not going to offer any sort of advice or information, and your just going to try to insult me, why post? I have just as much right to ask for information here as anyone else. If it wasn’t for people like me who use speed, this site would get a whole lot less traffic. I do t want to argue with anyone or exchange insults over the Internet, it’s a waste of my time and yourself, so please don’t reply if that’s what your here for.

This is my thread, and I only want helpful, non judgmental replies
Well you first spend the start of the post conjecturing about the interactions between the pharmaceuticals and the psychedelics, with your own anecdotes being not particularly insightful since the doses of those drugs were fairly low (I'm not sure I would feel much on 2g of mushrooms) and since the drugs you mentioned are known 2A antagonists, as is Abilify, which was the subject of OP's question, which pretty much already answers the question since as far as anyone's concerned, 2A antagonism = no trip. I don't want to start complaining about everything, but then going on talking about sources for guides on growing your own mushrooms is quite excessive or about how MAOIs are necessary for oral DMT and then further what foods can be eaten alongside. Reminds me of the people start posting in-depth advice about DMT extraction as soon as someone mentions their curiosity about the spirit molecule.

But what really grinded my gears was the part about NBOMes... They are not a real threat to anyone in anno domini 2023, and delving into HWBRs and the dangers of street drugs "nowadays" (damn I miss the old days of 20mg DOM pills sold as LSD, things were so much better back in the 60s) and your exact prescriptions during your bad trip and so on and so forth is just so unnecessary and just clotters the forum, just like this post, but I really want to show you at least the surface of what was wrong with your post. Read it three times sober and you'll get me.

If being on speed justifies rambling, I hope then that being hangover justifies being whiny...

I hope this is appropriate and helpful, @Nurse Ratched :limp:

Hey man, the fact that you felt anything means that you could overpower the abilify I think.

(Please correct me I feel I’m wrong about this guys) though, I’m pretty sure that lsd has a ceiling effect. Basically this means that a thing a certain dosage, taking more Doesent increase the intensity of effects, it just increases the duration.

mushrooms and San Pedro don’t need have that problem though (I don’t think), so you should go buy a bunch of mushrooms, and try those.

My girlfriend takes pristiq, risperodone, and I think a couple other antidepressants and antipsychotics. she has found that mushrooms work for her. I mean they don’t seem like they do as much to her as they do to me, she seems normal to me, and this is after taking like 2 grams I think.

Come to think about it, when she tried San Pedro, she said she felt nothing after taking I think a foot made into tea, which is about an average dose, probably equivalent to about 1-2 grams of good quality mushrooms. So maybe depending on the anti-psychotic/anti-depressant and the persons individual chemistry, one psychedelic might work while another one does nothing, and maybe the thirds effects would be dampened. This is just semi educated guessing, but i think it would be worth trying more than one psychedelic, you might have better luck with a different one, who knows, it’s not like this has really ever been seriously studied in a lab or anything.

Basically, just go get mushrooms, dmt, or San Pedro, And take a high dose, and if that doesn’t do enough, wait two weeks and take more.

Well, I mean if you pick dmt, I think you could just wait a couple hours, pretty sure tolerance drops pretty rapidly with that one.

Mushroom spores can Be bought online legally in America, as can San Pedro. And there are numerous plants containing dmt sold legally online.

If you decide on growing mushrooms, Shroomery.org is a really good source of information about consuming and growing magic mushrooms

Btw, beware buying “LSD” nowadays, it’s usually not lsd, and is some random possibly dangerous Rc psychedelic phenethylamine. The fact that you take psych meds makes me more afraid of a dangerous side effect, who knows what will happen when you mix the two. One drug that has been sold as lsd many time in the past is 25-I, which if taken at dosages above around 4 mg (only 4x the dosage required to trip) starts to cause lethal overdoses, with fun symptoms like seizures, strokes, and brain damage. If you like lysergamides, you could always buy hawaiian baby wood rose seeds (lysergic acid amide, feels different than lsd, but it’s still in the same family), there’s also a rc out right now called ALD-25, which metabolizes into lsd, and probably some other drugs. Though who knows, not enough study has been done on ALD-25, could be dangerous in the long run, though so far I haven’t heard anything bad about it. I think you’d be better off buying that, and atleast being semi sure what your taking. Fuck buying street drugs nowadays, never know what your gonna get, everything’s lace s with fent or is straight Rcs or something else fucked up. Course I’m exaggerating, I’m sure there’s still good drugs and good dealers left out there, but why risk it when you can just buy drugs that are in the legal gray area, or are prescribed by a doctor. Idk about you, but I wanna live to be an old addict, dying of old age, not dead before 30 from an overdose on a drug I didn’t even know I was taking.

I’m not judging, just trying to help, I had a really really bad trip from 25-I last time I took it, I took a full hit I think, and my brother and sister each took 3/4th of a hit. They felt nothing, I, on the other hand, was stuck for about 12 hours in this wierd fucked up “psychedelic” head space. You know that anxiety you get on the come up from psychedelics? Imagine that never stopping the whole trip, not only that, but it’s WAY MORE intense than normal come up anxiety, and there’s no visuals, or introspection, euphoria, or any of the enjoyable helpful effects os psychedelics, oh and time was still really fucking dilated. It was fucking horrible, and I struggled the whole time not to commit suicide. It left me with this wierd schizo kinda feeling for years after, i guess you’d call that HPPD? It’s 100% better now, but this is a decade later. I think it lasted for maybe as little as a year or as long as four years, I can’t remember exactly, it got better slowly over time, and sometimes it was hard to distinguish between the withdrawals/side effects of all the other drugs I took regularly at the time (I was prescribed a bunch of fun stuff, valium30 mg a day, subutex 16 mg/day, adderall 20 mg/day, lyrica I think 400 mg/day, And somewhere around 100-300 mg seoquel per day, And I got high on top of all those scripts, I didn’t take the full dosages since I wanted to stock pile them,but I definitely took enough to be physically addicted)

Also, if you decide you want to make ayahuasca with the dmt, DONT, you have to mix MAOI drugs(acquired from other legal herbs bought online) with it, it’s the only way to make dmt orally active, but it would probably be fatal if you took an MAOI with your psych meds, you can’t even mix them with chocolate, or milk, or coffee (caffeine, theobromine, and tryptophan can be fatal when mixed with a MAOI).
So yah, if you want dmt, just extract it and smoke it.

Sorry for the text wall, I’m tweaked out right now
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I have lowered the Abilify to 10mg and I stopped the Paxil (SSRI).
I have access to DMT. Both vape and DMT powder.
My source is reliable.
I don't even know how to smoke the powder DMT which is what I want.

LSD is more powerful but still very mild.
I have severe trauma from about when the pandemic started.
I am bipolar, treatment resistant.
I'm gonna put faith in DMT.

Do you think I would break through while still taking roughly 5mg of Abilify?

Taking higher doses of a drug to power through a receptor blockade will result in more activation of whatever minor receptors are not being blocked by abilify/a ssri. This will mean that the trip could feel dirtier at an equivalent level of trippieness. This could manifest as increased adrenergic side effects for example with LSD or phenethylamines.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I have lowered the Abilify to 10mg and I stopped the Paxil (SSRI).
I have access to DMT. Both vape and DMT powder.
My source is reliable.
I don't even know how to smoke the powder DMT which is what I want.

LSD is more powerful but still very mild.
I have severe trauma from about when the pandemic started.
I am bipolar, treatment resistant.
I'm gonna put faith in DMT.

Do you think I would break through while still taking roughly 5mg of Abilify?
You can smoke pure DMT in a dab rig at a cooler nail temperature. You can also smoke it on brillo pads as one would smoke crack, or sandwiched in between layers of weed (and use the burning weed to smoke it rather than direct flame contact).

You will likely feel something through the abilify, but you might not break through at any dose, and chasing it by upping the dose infinately will definately make it jankier.

Taking higher doses of a drug to power through a receptor blockade will result in more activation of whatever minor receptors are not being blocked by abilify/a ssri. This will mean that the trip could feel dirtier at an equivalent level of trippieness. This could manifest as increased adrenergic side effects for example with LSD or phenethylamines.

You can smoke pure DMT in a dab rig at a cooler nail temperature. You can also smoke it on brillo pads as one would smoke crack, or sandwiched in between layers of weed (and use the burning weed to smoke it rather than direct flame contact).

You will likely feel something through the abilify, but you might not break through at any dose, and chasing it by upping the dose infinately will definately make it jankier.
got it. In the nest week I'll be experimenting, find the best way to do DMT.

I’m on a serotonin modulator and welbutrin and even when I decrease doses of those when I plan to drop, and at breakthrough doses of LSD - while I get some level of high, the headaches and nausea I have to mitigate through other means are often not worth it.

I’m on a serotonin modulator and welbutrin and even when I decrease doses of those when I plan to drop, and at breakthrough doses of LSD - while I get some level of high, the headaches and nausea I have to mitigate through other means are often not worth it.

What Serotonin Modulator you on Vortioxetine?

If ya don't like a post or disagree with it just scroll on by. There's 5000 other posts to read. Just run along and be on our merry way.

What an appalling motto. This is how we end up with people being marched off to the gulag or sent up chimneys in smoke.

I think if you disagree with something and feel you have good reason for doing so then voicing that concern is important, in all areas of life. Of course doing so politely is likely to be the most effective way of voicing that concern.

Caveat: I have no idea what the original posts here said